Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Wachsdds
Mouseketeer

Knowing the Dining Rotation before Cruising?

Does anybody know how to find out the Dining Rotation prior to the cruise. It would be helpful in making plans for Palo!

Upcoming Cruises:
Disney Magic 7 night Eastern Caribbean 02/13/2010 Disney Wonder 3 night Bahamian 09/02/2010 Disney Wonder 7 night Alaska 08/23/2011
Passed Cruises: Disney Wonder 3 night Bahamian 8/27/2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern Caribbean 02/14/2009 Disney Magic 7 night Eastern Caribbean 02/16/2008 Disney Wonder 3 night Bahamian 06/15/2006 Disney Magic 7 night Western Caribbean 11/05/2005 Disney Wonder 4 night Bahamian 01/30/2005 Disney Magic 7 night Western Caribbean 11/08/2003 Disney Wonder 3 night Bahamian 10/03/2002
Wachsdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Love2Roam
Earning My Ears

I was wondering the same thing. Hope someone can help
Love2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
mousefan64
Keep Moving Forward

i thought it came with your cruise docs. i could be wrong....

Time for another Disboard Bye
mousefan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!

We have called DCL directly and they have let us know the schedule in the past.
pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
LisaWalkerC21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennymike View Post
We have called DCL directly and they have let us know the schedule in the past.
Do you remember how far in advanced you called to get your rotation?

Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/22/2014
Disney Dream 4 Night 11/27/2013
Disney Fantasy 7 Night 11/17/2012
Disney Dream 5 Night 8/16/2011
Disney Magic 11 Night Mediterranean August 7, 2010
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2008
Disney Wonder/Polynesian Resort Land/Sea May 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2004

LisaWalkerC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
CC&M
Mouseketeer

This is too funny as I was coming onto this board to ask this same question. We set sail next Sunday, and I was wondering this same thing, as we are not "dress up" people, but we also don't want to miss Animator's Palette...so was wondering when we would be going to AP and which night was "dress up" on the 4-night Wonder cruise?
CC&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
pugmom626
Mouseketeer

You will not know your dining rotation until check-in. The rotation can change for various reasons including other cruisers' special requests. For example, if someone wants to change from main dining to late seating (or vice-versa) it might require more than one non-related party to have a change in rotation in order to accomodate the request. Another example is if you are seated with another family and request to be seated without tablemates, it can cause a change in your rotation to accomodate your request. In any case, it has never been a problem for us to book Palo upon boarding.
pugmom626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!

We called about 5 weeks out. We basically tell them we don't want to make reservations for Palo on Pirate night and then they give us the tentative schedule. Hope this helps.
pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can make a request for a rotation, but there's no guarantee you'll get it. You find out when you check in--it is noted on your KTTW card. If you don't like what you got in relation to your Palo ressie, you can go to Dining Changes and request to change either your dining schedule or your Palo ressie.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
PearlySwan
"I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams." W.B. Yeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachsdds View Post
Does anybody know how to find out the Dining Rotation prior to the cruise. It would be helpful in making plans for Palo!
^^^ It would be nice if DCL would release their dining theme schedule ahead of time. I don't necessarily need to know our particular dining rotation vis-ā-vis restaurant assignments. However, regardless of which restaurant we're assigned to dine during a particular night, I would like to find out when they'll have pirate night or 'dress up' night for instance. For example, it is always the case pirate night is on the Nassau day? Or does it happen during the 'at Sea' day? Just knowing that info. ahead of time would be truly helpful.
PearlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

They will release the tentative schedule for pirate night, formal night, etc. However, these (especially pirate night) are subject to change due to the weather--if rain is predicted and the ship can't reasonably avoid it, they will sometimes move pirate night for the safety of the dancers and the enjoyment of the guests.

Each cruise has a "normal" schedule. For example, on the three night pirate night is normally night 2. On the 4 night cruises, it is normally night 3. On the Western, it is normally night 5...etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
PearlySwan
"I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams." W.B. Yeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
They will release the tentative schedule for pirate night, formal night, etc. However, these (especially pirate night) are subject to change due to the weather--if rain is predicted and the ship can't reasonably avoid it, they will sometimes move pirate night for the safety of the dancers and the enjoyment of the guests.

Each cruise has a "normal" schedule. For example, on the three night pirate night is normally night 2. On the 4 night cruises, it is normally night 3. On the Western, it is normally night 5...etc.
^^ Any chance you happen to know the "normal" schedule for pirate night on a 5-Night DD DCL cruises?
PearlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
TRcruisers
TR Trio

??

There is food on this cruise?

TRcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: