Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
Priory
Mouseketeer

I prefer the food at Carthay. Also, it's nice to have your pick of the full menu instead of the fixed menu at WCT. However, Carthay will likely cost you more and in my 2 experiences there the service is SLOW. Not just 'luxurious dining' slow - we're talking 'are they prepping my meal at World Showcase?' slow. If you have limited time or antsy kids that could be a consideration.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
TheZue
DIS Veteran

We ate at Wine Country in 2009 and I wasn't impressed, at all. I've had better counter service. We had Carthay Circle last year, and it was really good. I could just have a meal of the corn that came with the bacon wrapped prawns and be a very happy camper. I didn't find the service too slow; but I had a drink and I don't know if it was the heat, or if it was really strong, or what but I was tanked half way through it.....so I honestly didn't notice the wait on the food We are going back in July, this time I will definitely skip the drink.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
No, you can ask for either show at lunch. We asked for the second show. And with an early enough dinner you can go to the first showing. So there is no lunch or dinner viewing. It is all in the same area.
GREAT news! Thanks!!!!!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by algae View Post
Um er, PoohsFan1 alluded to it. But I'll go on record to say that, when we were there, CC had its own viewing section as told to us by the wait staff at CC. The signs you look for to get to your viewing area (yellow, red, blue,..) include a Carthay Circle sign. I take that to mean CC has it's own area. Maybe there's another entrance to the same area that I didn't see, but I believe CC has its own area.

However, there's no difference between CC lunch and CC dinner AFAIK.
Did CC have the reserved section up at the rail closest to the front? Like right above the wet area in red on Hydroguy's map.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
Chlo83
Mouseketeer

I'd be interested to know this too as we're hoping to do WOC dining next month

DLR Feb 1994 - Offsite, July 2013 - DLH
DLRP Jan 2012 - Daytrip, Jan 2014 - SL, Aug 2014 - DLH
Chlo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Last summer the CC reserved section was off to the right (looking at the water) of that big circle area. Don't know if that has changed or not since then.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #22
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this will help anyone, as it is just ONE experience from a couple of weeks ago, but this is what happened to us:

We had WOC preferred dining passes from Carthay Circle for the 9:00pm showing on Mothers Day evening.

We were told several different things from the CMs(NO surprise there), so around 7:15pm, I stood under the King Triton statue(where I was told ALL preferred dining passes would gather before being called over to the line to go in), and my husband stood just across the walkway from where the Carthay Circle sign would light up(CMs said in about 30 minutes).

We both waited (in our seperate spots) about 30 minutes, and then the large group gathered under King Triton was called over to start going in. The Carthay Circle group had not been called over yet(it was a very small group).

I moved forward, being about 30 people back, and realized the lit sign for my group was for preferred dining from Wine Country Trattoria and Ariel's Grotto.

The CM, however, looked at my pass, and did not stop me from entering or even say anything about the different lines.

I went all the way down to the bottom level(this is where everyone was rushing to), the CM there told me it was the wet zone, so I asked if I could move up one level, a little to the left, and she said,"Of course!"

I moved up one level--there was NO ONE in it--and got front and center in front of the rail. It was the perfect viewing spot--against the rail and several feet above the next level down.

My Husband entered in where the Carthay Circle sign was lit up and had a totally different viewing spot--further back and quite a ways further to the right. It was not anywhere as good as where I was.

He talked with the CM(I believe she was a lead) about the conflicting info. we'd been given. She allowed him to find me, and at that point, she came over to where we were and asked him if he liked that spot better, or if we wanted to go back to the Carthay Circle area. We of course chose to stay where we were!

I am not saying that this is how it always is, or always will be, just that this is the experience WE had that particular night!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #23
Chlo83
Mouseketeer

Sounds like we will just have to see what happens on the day!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
czmom
DIS Veteran

Very interesting!

Chlo83- please report back about your experience if you get a chance.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
Chlo83
Mouseketeer

Will do czmom!

Would be great to hear what others have experienced too :-)

DLR Feb 1994 - Offsite, July 2013 - DLH
DLRP Jan 2012 - Daytrip, Jan 2014 - SL, Aug 2014 - DLH
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post
I don't know if this will help anyone, as it is just ONE experience from a couple of weeks ago, but this is what happened to us:

We had WOC preferred dining passes from Carthay Circle for the 9:00pm showing on Mothers Day evening.

We were told several different things from the CMs(NO surprise there), so around 7:15pm, I stood under the King Triton statue(where I was told ALL preferred dining passes would gather before being called over to the line to go in), and my husband stood just across the walkway from where the Carthay Circle sign would light up(CMs said in about 30 minutes).

We both waited (in our seperate spots) about 30 minutes, and then the large group gathered under King Triton was called over to start going in. The Carthay Circle group had not been called over yet(it was a very small group).

I moved forward, being about 30 people back, and realized the lit sign for my group was for preferred dining from Wine Country Trattoria and Ariel's Grotto.

The CM, however, looked at my pass, and did not stop me from entering or even say anything about the different lines.

I went all the way down to the bottom level(this is where everyone was rushing to), the CM there told me it was the wet zone, so I asked if I could move up one level, a little to the left, and she said,"Of course!"

I moved up one level--there was NO ONE in it--and got front and center in front of the rail. It was the perfect viewing spot--against the rail and several feet above the next level down.

My Husband entered in where the Carthay Circle sign was lit up and had a totally different viewing spot--further back and quite a ways further to the right. It was not anywhere as good as where I was.

He talked with the CM(I believe she was a lead) about the conflicting info. we'd been given. She allowed him to find me, and at that point, she came over to where we were and asked him if he liked that spot better, or if we wanted to go back to the Carthay Circle area. We of course chose to stay where we were!

I am not saying that this is how it always is, or always will be, just that this is the experience WE had that particular night!
Thanks for sharing this great info!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

We just had regular FPs from the machine and were allowed to go anywhere we wanted, EXCEPT that front and center circle area in April. That was the only area off limits. Anyone know who this area is for? VIPs? Seemed awfully big for a VIP area...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: