Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Teen dress/cargo pants & tween sweats

It's just started to become cold and this is the time of year when you discover nothing fits.

DD14 needs dress pants. She likes a comfy, cargo style, not really "dressy". Something like this would be great, if only in junior size:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=333221012

Been looking online and can't find anything close. Looked at Target, Kohls, Old Navy, Gap, Aero...looking for size 1-3 range. It will have to be something we can go try on, I'm sure. Any ideas?

My other problem is sweatpants for DD11. She is not skinny, but not even near fitting a plus size. Every sweatpants is either too tight in the butt or thigh, or way too long, or both. We've been to Kohls, Justice, Walmart, Sears. Old Navy didn't have a 12 or 14 to try. I knew we had trouble with jeans in the butt & thigh, but didn't know even sweatpants were being cut so narrow these days! Anybody else find roomier sweats lately?
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
It's just started to become cold and this is the time of year when you discover nothing fits.

DD14 needs dress pants. She likes a comfy, cargo style, not really "dressy". Something like this would be great, if only in junior size:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=333221012

Been looking online and can't find anything close. Looked at Target, Kohls, Old Navy, Gap, Aero...looking for size 1-3 range. It will have to be something we can go try on, I'm sure. Any ideas?

My other problem is sweatpants for DD11. She is not skinny, but not even near fitting a plus size. Every sweatpants is either too tight in the butt or thigh, or way too long, or both. We've been to Kohls, Justice, Walmart, Sears. Old Navy didn't have a 12 or 14 to try. I knew we had trouble with jeans in the butt & thigh, but didn't know even sweatpants were being cut so narrow these days! Anybody else find roomier sweats lately?
Have you asked your daughter if she wants those pants. There are no teens that would wear those types of slacks here. Jeans, jeans, and oh yeah jeans.

Sweats are purchased at sporting good stores and or high end where you can purchase Adidas and or Nike. The only time I see kids in sweats are when they are at a sporting event and they are usually team sweats.

You may want to take her with you and look at Macys and or Penneys to find the dress slacks. What does she need them for? That would make it easier to help with what store. The pants you have shown would be considered in the jean category, not dress slacks.

I would take her to the mall. I think for the items and sizing you are better off letting her try them on. Good luck, tough age to dress them.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Maybe not exactly like that, but she likes cargo/casual- just for church mostly. She would wear jeans to church but there is only one dark pair I will let her wear occasionally. She is not into being dressed up and she likes comfort above all.

Definitely have to try on, but she's not into shopping much, and it's 45+ miles to get to any shopping, so I like to have a plan of places to try.

Sporting goods store for sweats is a good idea- maybe those sweats won't have such a fashionably skinny cut. She would just like some for when we go running, or lounging around the house, or soccer practice.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Look in the boys department, they dont have the curvy cuts that girls do. It's the only dress pants that fit me and still look good. My aunt made me try on like 10 girly dress pants before I gave up and proved mens slacks are so much better.

And look at the dress down army pants for black cargo pants that are more dressy. They usually have tabs on side to adjust the size by a few inches.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...catId=cat90034

Those cargos don't look dressy at all--they look rather frumpy.

For a "khaki" style pant, I would go with SAND color in the link above. These look a bit more dressy/crisp than the cargo pants from Old Navy.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

The only clothing meltdown DD had was over sweatpants at Target, K-mart, etc. It was a tough tough day. Good idea on the boys sweats.

Dressier pants for church - Macy's, Penneys, large dept stores. Stay away from Target etc. I would try the juniors section and or adult petites.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: