Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Juliee8
Mouseketeer

Akershus - breakfast vs lunch?

This will be our first time at Akershus and I was wondering which would be better to do? I looked at the lunch menu and I am not sure that there is much that my 10 year old will eat off the adult lunch menu. We will not be on the dining plan, so would he be able to eat off of the kids menu since we will be paying? Also I didn't see any information on the breakfast. Is it a buffet? How is it?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
llwtaylor
Earning My Ears

From what I can gather, your child can order off the kid's menu, but you may be charged an adult price. Are you sure you don'y have a 9 yr old? LOL We have been for breakfast. There is a buffet with pastries and cold items and the hot food (traditional American breakfast food) is served family-style at your table. The food was good, and the character interaction was great! We are trying lunch for our next trip in hopes that we will see Ariel!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
DISNEY1975
DIS Veteran

The food stinks at both breakfast and lunch, so I prefer stinky breakfast over stinky lunch. Worst case scenario, you have fruit and juice to hold you over until lunch time.

Breakfast is family syle hot items, brought to your table on a platter for your family to share. Although, I cant imagine anyone doing so, you can ask for refills (of runny eggs, potato, sausages and I think biscuits or something). There is a cold item buffet of fruits, seafood (salmon and I think herring??) pasteries etc.. You can go up as many times as you'd like.

Lunch is a buffet for apps..seafood, fruit, deli meats and cheese. Then your entree (burgers, pasta etc..whatever you order) is brought to your table.

The princesses are great..fantastic photo opportunities and autographs..my daughter loves it there. I dont mind either because I dont need to stuff myself at every meal, which I tend to do when Mickey Waffles are involved!!

Polynesian - 1975 / Contemporary - 1977 / Grosvenor - 1978 / Vistana - 1980 / Polynesian - 1982 / Hilton WDW - 1984 / Buena Vista Palace - 1985 / Contemporary - 1987 / Intl Dr - 1989 / Yacht Club - 1991 / Polynesian - 1993 / Boardwalk - 1995 / Wilderness Lodge - 1998 / Carribean - 1999 / Intl Dr - 2001 / Yacht Club - 2003 / Boardwalk - 2005 / Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006 / Contemporary - 2008 / Polynesian - 2010 / Port Orleans FQ - 2011
DISNEY1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: