Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
Orr Princess
Earning My Ears

How long do christmas decorations stay up?

My family will be in Disney Jan 2-7, I was wondering how long christmas decorations stay up? Thanks so much!!
Orr Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Dan Murphy
We are family.

You will see many. The shows are over, but the lights, etc. are up for some days after the 1st.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Princess View Post
My family will be in Disney Jan 2-7, I was wondering how long christmas decorations stay up? Thanks so much!!
Last year we got in on January 4th. The resort decorations were up when we went to bed and by the next morning they were down. It was really sad.

I can't comment on the park decorations as I don't remember. Sorry!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

I've been there for marathon weekend 3 times (usually the end of the second week of January through the weekend) and each time there were some decorations still up but not most. I remember in 2011 the trees were up outside AK, DHS, and the tree was still up inside Epcot. The resorts were pretty much all cleaned up though I do remember in 2006 the tree was still up at POP for my first night (Thurs night) and gone in the morning.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

In 2005 we checked in on NY's Day to a full compliment of X-Mas decorations. They were gone by the 3rd.

BillFromPA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

At the 2012 WDW Marathon, the trees and decorations were still up. I snapped these going down Main Street (Jan 8th) and I snapped a pic of the tree at Epcot at like 6:30 a.m., but it was so blurry, it's just a mess.

Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Last posted day for Osborne lights is Jan 6th. So those will still be up. AK is currently listed as last day for Jingle Jungle Jan 2nd. Epcot is listed as last day being Dec 30th. MK is probably somewhere in the same range. So after those dates, anything can disappear at any point. Having also been down there for the Marathon weekend a few times, last year AKL transformed overnight from the 6th-7th, everything was gone. During our trip of 5th-13th, I did see all the park trees and most in park decorations, but they were coming down while we were there. By the 13th I think most of the park stuff was gone. But we were also down there in Jan 2010 during their cold snap, and I recall that year most stuff was up til like the 20th. It was just too cold for them to be out overnight taking things down.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
disnut8
DIS Veteran

We were there this past January (2012). The decorations were up and the songs were playing all the way through our last weekend, which was the 8th of January. Annoyed the heck out of me but for those who want the Christmas spirit to last six months of the year, it'll be there at Disney World.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Princess View Post
We were there for those dates last year and they were all up well into that week, with only a few coming down by the end of the first week of January.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: