Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #496
MrsJessica
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
MrsJessica--Sorry you are dealing with the gluten stuff. But I do hope you are feeling much, much better. A bakery?? Can you come up with an edible g-f pizza crust?
Thanks. It seems to fit a lot of mystery symptoms that I've been treated for a long time now so crossing my fingers its the answer! GF pizza crust! I'm on it I've made a few grain-free versions, but they're not close to being "real" pizza. We like thinner, crisper crust, so that might be a head start to liking GF...hmmm... I'll let you know what I come up with Good luck with your (possible) move as well! That's scary, but exciting and hopefully not too stressful! And 100 miles in a month... Impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

I'm going to try to find muted orange colors. I told DH we may have to go with a pumpkin/spice color. Poor DS7 got stuck with his room & it was already painted a pale yellow.
Jill
How fun! I just went to a friend's housewarming and the room her daughter moved into has neon green walls! Not even lime, but neon The 7 year old quickly told me she was going to paint them pale lavender

Only .1 lb to go for my July 31 goal! I will definitely be back for August. Time to buckle down so i keep meeting goals! I'm in that group of people that sees small progress and eases up because "things are going well". Surprise, I end up back where I started! So this time, nose down and keep on...

QOTD: Belle and Mrs. Potts I'm not a princess-type, but seeing beauty in people that aren't so is something that I connect with. And who else could be so elegant, even as a stout tea pot? Genius
MrsJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #497
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I love to hear about your favourite characters and the reasoning behind it!

Jill - that sounds like an interesting home improvement project that you have there! I think a room in an orange/red colour scheme could be very cool! Maybe do just one wall in a fire scheme and the rest in white?

Helen - being in London (or the UK in general) is always bad for my diet! I lived in London for a year in college and then again for another half year later on. And there are so many delicious things I need to eat when I visit there now. It starts with a Pret-a-manger sandwich (luckily they seem to have discontinued my favourite Coronation Chicken, so one less temptation), then the English cheeses like a good cheddar and blue shropshire and blue stilton. Oh - and the crisps! And chips! And if I am in the West Country: cream tea. Everything not really good to lose weight - or even maintain it. So, good luck with your London visit! I hope you manage to not get too much of a set back!

QOTD for Monday:

Do you have any useful tips on what to do if you feel like you really want a snack, but should not have one to stay on plan?

I am asking partially because I have been struggling with this topic over the last few days. And now that I think of it, I do have tips for myself that I haven't followed. So writing them down should be helpful!

First, the easiest thing to try first is to get a drink. I find that a hot drink works better than just water. So some tea or coffee work really good for me (I do have decaffeinated versions of both for the evenings).

Besides that: make sure to have some snackable vegetables at home. I love carrots and tomatoes and those make a good snack.

Hope to hear some more useful tips to try out the next few days!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #498
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Magdalene, thanks for coaching this week and hostessing this month! I think sometimes in the dog days of summer a maintain, or just about a maintain, is all we can expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
As you have all been so supportive to me for 7 months, I'll take on hosting for August. I don't know my way around the pages very well but I'm sure I'll figure it out!!!!
Helen, thanks so for stepping up to hostess for August!

I will volunteer to hostess October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
First of all: Thank you so much for jumping in and getting the new thread up already!

To all others: We will need hosts for September onwards as well!! So, please think about whether anyone of you could do a month in fall or winter!!

Mickey is a good choice! I do have a soft spot for Minnie as well. Especially in her old fashioned outfit with that little hat with a flower (instead of a bow).
I will volunteer to hostess October.

Quote:
I did enjoy my quiet day & caught up on dvr'd shows

Thanks for the suggestions. I did look up stuff on YouTube & tried a 10 minute toning workout & liked it. I only did a short workout since I walked 11 miles Saturday then walked the dog for 30 yesterday. My legs are sore today so I need to find an upper body/abs workout for cross training days. No more squats or lunges until after the half lol.
LOL! Good idea!

I did 11 miles this week-end, too, and it felt long -- thank goodness only two more long runs until taper for me.

When is your race again?

MrsJessica, so great to be so close to your goal this month!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great finish to my month, too!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #499
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
QOTD for Monday:

Do you have any useful tips on what to do if you feel like you really want a snack, but should not have one to stay on plan?
I do like your ideas of having a drink and then something healthy to snack on, Magdalene.

I will also track the points of what I am thinking of for a snack as well as what I plan on eating for the rest of the day -- it is amazing how much adding and subtracting I do to keep within my points allowance -- sometimes that little extra time is enough to change your mind or at least make a better choice. I've also been known to eat my activity points for the next day as long as it is not the day that my points reset for the week. And last but not least, if I really want something I will go ahead and have it because I've found that sometimes it will end up less calories just to eat what you want and then some stuff you don't want and then what you do.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #500
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Snacking for me involves a lot of red grapes and pots of cottage cheese (not together!!)
Grapes I can snack on at work as they're easily portable, and a couple of tablespoons of cottage cheese when I'm at home seems to fill me enough to take the edge off my hunger. Weird I know, but it works for me!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #501
MrsJessica
Earning My Ears

Hot drinks are what I do too. And whole carrots to chew on if I just feel like chewing... Smaller sticks don't seem to be as satisfying. My biggest tip I've learned recently is not to feed a sugar craving with fruit. It's too easy to over eat trying to hit that sweet level that comes from sugar, so you've consumed a lot of calories and are still unsatisfied. Instead, fight the craving with protein/veg, and save sweet things as part of a meal as you'll be more in control. Just understanding this has really helped me a lot. I don't feel like I "can't" have things when i want them, but I'm choosing to have them later for a good reason. Hope this helps someone
MrsJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #502
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the snack replies! There were some great hints!

Lisa, I think you are right. Tracking it before you eat it is a great way to stay accountable!

It seems like everyone is already ready to jump into August - so one last QOTD for today and tomorrow:

What has been your favourite moment of summer so far?

And with that a reminder:

Please send me your end of the month weight tomorrow (or later) and I will post a final update to the first page! I hope to be able to make a more people's names green!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 07-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #503
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

There we are - at the end of yet another month!

My result for this month is a 0.6 pound gain. I call it maintaining and will restart fresh into August! Hopefully with more success next month.

Please send me your July end weights and I will update the first page!

Hope to see all of you over on the August thread!!

Oh - and thanks to Lisa to volunteer as our hostess for October!!! Hopefully we can find someone for September as well!!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #504
lisah0711
her Disney office

Thank you, Magdalene, for hostessing both the June and July threads!

And a big WATP thanks to all the folks who coached this month.

I will send in my final weigh in after my office WW weigh in tomorrow. See you all on the August thread.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #505
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I did 11 miles this week-end, too, and it felt long -- thank goodness only two more long runs until taper for me.

When is your race again?
August 17 The Biggest Loser WalkRun half in Erie. Just got an update on Facebook that Pam Geil from season 14 will be there. I think I missed that season lol. I taper this week and do 8 as my long walk. It'll seem so short! Which race are you training for?

I'm contemplating run/walking the Erie half marathon in September. I have to wait for DSs' soccer schedules first. I know DS10 will have a travel game that day. He would have to miss because DH is working that day. Darn kids lol!

Quote:

It seems like everyone is already ready to jump into August - so one last QOTD for today and tomorrow:

What has been your favourite moment of summer so far?

And with that a reminder:

Please send me your end of the month weight tomorrow (or later) and I will post a final update to the first page! I hope to be able to make a more people's names green!!
QOTD Monday~snacks are a problem for me. I tend to try to drink some water or a cup of coffee. If I really need food, I'll eat 7 mini rice cakes in either caramel or chocolate flavor. It seems to help satisfy my sweet tooth.

QOTD~favorite summer moment...hmmm tough one! I think just being off in the summer & having this time with DSs. We've gone on vacation to NC & done some day trips to Pittsburgh & Cleveland.

Thank you so much for hosting! You've done an excellent job

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning! I can't believe August is tomorrow Where is this summer going?

I'm sending in my final weight right now. I'm 0.6 away from my goal for July, so I'll take it! I'm having lunch with 2 coworkers today & they picked a Chinese buffet! Yikes! They have a section where you pick the ingredients & they cook it for you. I think I'll stick to that with chicken, loads of veggies, and just a little sauce/oil for flavor. They also have sushi, so I'll have one or two of that & fruit. I'm glad I've been to this place before & can plan ahead!

There's a 5k about 10 minutes away tonight that I am considering run/walking. It goes across the dam at our lake & river. I've never run it before but may do it tonight depending on how I'm feeling. I do much better with morning races!

Ok, I'm off! Going to send in my final weight & use that for my Aug 1st weigh in. Hope to see everyone on the August thread!

Jill
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #506
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
August 17 The Biggest Loser WalkRun half in Erie. Just got an update on Facebook that Pam Geil from season 14 will be there. I think I missed that season lol. I taper this week and do 8 as my long walk. It'll seem so short! Which race are you training for?
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland 8/31 and 9/1

Quote:
There's a 5k about 10 minutes away tonight that I am considering run/walking. It goes across the dam at our lake & river. I've never run it before but may do it tonight depending on how I'm feeling. I do much better with morning races!

Ok, I'm off! Going to send in my final weight & use that for my Aug 1st weigh in. Hope to see everyone on the August thread!

Jill
Sounds very scenic! I say do it if you can -- isn't it nice to be able to say "hmm, I think I'll do a 5K tonight."
Old 07-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #507
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland 8/31 and 9/1

Well this sounds much more fun than mine! I am dying to do a Disney race. It just seems like it's so expensive when I add in airfare, race, hotel, park tickets (like I could go to WDW and not go to the parks!), and food. Plus, my kids would want to go so that's even more $$$$. I'm shooting for Princess half (or glass slipper challenge if they do it again) in 2015. We were planning to go in 2015 anyhow, so now I have no excuse. Although, Wine & Dine half 2014 sounds good, too

Sounds very scenic! I say do it if you can -- isn't it nice to be able to say "hmm, I think I'll do a 5K tonight."
Well, I decided not to run it. I did yoga this morning, went to lunch, checked out a new gym, and came home & played tag with DH and the kids for a good hour. I'm not feeling up to running any more lol. I may go walk tomorrow at the same location (just not across the dam). It does feel good to just decide to run or even walk a 5k. 10 years ago, I would've passed out after 1/4 mile! We have tons of 5ks near us, too, so I can always do another.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: