Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartemis

Why do you refuse to bring the BOB? Are you worried about it being stolen? I brought our City Elite Double for several years with no problems. We didn't lock it or anything either.

Personally, I'd prefer to have my own stroller than to deal with rentals and/or something that is not as good. Also, I read that many of the doubles that are rentals are Citi Mini Doubles, which in my view are too small unless you have smaller than average kids -- although it sounds like you are using a mini-single now, so you may be fine. If you can find a City Classic Double to rent that may be okay, but I think they are harder to find.
because its huge! I can't imagine lugging it on the bus! I also own a city mini gt and my tall dd fits very well in it.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10
why is the maclaren with your 5 yr old a PITA?

i am using my maclaren with my daughter, she will be almost 6, but regularly uses the stroller, she is comfortable in it and makes things easier for me, she hates walking and gets very whiney! She is only about 34 lbs though...maybe there is the difference
yep that's the difference - my DD is 47lb and 48 inches.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
usmcwife1
Mouseketeer

We traveled in 2011 and my youngest DS's were 3 and 5, there is no way they could go without the stroller all day and we took it fairly easy. Heck, our older 2 were begging to ride at the end of the day lol. We brought our City Classic (or elite I can't remember lol) double but it is huge, like your BOB so I wouldn't take it if you are using WDW transportation. This trip I plan on bringing the stroller again, my 5 YO is barely 5 and the 7 YO will only have been 7 for a few days, they still aren't ready for all that walking, plus it's nice to have a place to store water and snacks

DONE: Post-Deployment trip (and first time) to WDW in September 2011!
DONE: Trip #2 Late April 2013!

TO DO: Plan Trip #3 June 2014! YAY!!
usmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

We rented a BOB double and used it on the buses. It was a giant pain but we loved having it once we got to the parks.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
tartemis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama View Post
because its huge! I can't imagine lugging it on the bus! I also own a city mini gt and my tall dd fits very well in it.
We had no problem bringing the Elite Double on buses. Yes, it is huge, but it was super easy -- although, the Elite Double folds virtually flat with one tug on the center strip, so that made it easy. We had so many people compliment us on our stroller and ask about what it was because it was so easy and (relatively) compact.

I'm not sure of the BOB's folding mechanism, so if it is a pain, that would be different.
tartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #21
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say if you are thinking about renting a double stroller,I got a great deal on a double city mini for my twins. Apple Scooters has recently branched out into renting strollers too. For a limited time they are renting strollers for the cost of daily insurance, so $5/day + tax. Seemed too good to be true, but i called and it is totally legit.
Just google Apple Scooters, their site should come right up.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom
I just wanted to say if you are thinking about renting a double stroller,I got a great deal on a double city mini for my twins. Apple Scooters has recently branched out into renting strollers too. For a limited time they are renting strollers for the cost of daily insurance, so $5/day + tax. Seemed too good to be true, but i called and it is totally legit.

Wow!! this is excellent. Only problem is that I really think I need the gt version since my dd is so tall. At this price though, I may just ask her to hunch lol!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post

Apple Scooter (Preferred Vendor)
(321-726-6837)
http://www.applescooter.com

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
123LuckyMom
Mouseketeer

Wow! I just reserved a City Mini Double! I might still decide to take my BOB, and if I do decide to do that, I'll cancel my reservation right away, but that price was FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting it!
123LuckyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #25
showar
Mouseketeer

How tall a child can the citi mini hold? The is a great price posted above for the rental and I would love to rent it for my 6 year old son who has low muscle tone and tires easily. He is about 46 inches tall. Does anyone know if this will work for him?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #26
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by showar
How tall a child can the citi mini hold? The is a great price posted above for the rental and I would love to rent it for my 6 year old son who has low muscle tone and tires easily. He is about 46 inches tall. Does anyone know if this will work for him?
My DD has low muscle tone as well! I read that city mini is up to 44 and city mini gt is 46. I
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #27
showar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama View Post
My DD has low muscle tone as well! I read that city mini is up to 44 and city mini gt is 46. I
Thanks, I guess he would be too tall. I have a Macleren Quest but my friend may have a Volo she may let us borrow. Hoping that will work for him.

Initially he wanted to walk but after making him walk the zoo he was completely exhausted. There is no way he can walk 6 days at the parks especially since he is so slow.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #28
zomama
Mouseketeer

My dd is too tallfor the stroller but I reserved it anyways. for that price she'll have to hunch a bit! she doesn't nap so it's not like she's going to be sleeping in it. She'll be fine! The total came to $31.95 and they will drop it off at our resort. score!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

For kids with muscle tone issues who are too big for a regular stroller, there are companies that rent special needs strollers for people up to around 100 pounds. (Someone with low tone may feel uncomfortable fitting into a small stroller because of how they need to sit/unusual muscles used to sit that way).

Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs. Scroll down to the bottom of post 2 and you will see a list.

The Disney park rental strollers will hold larger kids, especially if you rent a double for one child.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: