Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Supercod
Remember Supercod is a friend, not food!

Booked Flight First

Hi, I decided to book the flight 1st and book Disney after that due to the fact can't get a decent direct flight from Glasgow for when we planned on going and even leaving it to Summer the choice and prices really sucked (would have been twice as much). So need some help on what folk would do for the 1st half of the holiday as the 2nd half I am already set on.

Going 29th to March to 17th April. 7 of us.. 4 Adults, 1 Teenager, 2 Children.

Flights are £4,763 on flights via Iceland Air.

Staying Animal Kingdom Lodge 7th April to 17th April. We get the free dining plan offer so that's good, and park tickets are valid for 14 days (but as they start when you check in we get 10 days) cost £6,056 two separate bookings for 2 rooms as they can't deal with it all together on the website, still to book that but before 15th Nov)

So starting to get pretty expensive and we are considering trying out one of the Moderate Resorts from 29th to 7th and using that as base to go visit Universal but this is not set in stone. Really I am looking for ideas on what others would do, note none of us will be driving though choice (we will use a transport company for day trips) ideas included get a villa for this part of the holiday, get hotel near down town Disney or like I say stay in a Disney Moderate Resort. Idea suggestions welcome, anyone else done this type of breaking up of a holiday before.. on in case youre wondering why we are not staying Animal Kingdom the full time, with 21 day park tickets it's because they won't let you get the free dining plan if your holiday starts before 7th April and that sucks as would have booked it all together as long as they made sure you got the dinning plan for the 7th to 17th part of the stay, thanks in advance.

Clarke

Disney World
Mar.00 Off Site - Days Inn
Mar.01 Beach Club
Apr.03 Wilderness Lodge
Nov.05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Apr.13 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Disneyland Paris
Feb.96 Off Site - Some Place in Paris
Feb.12 Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Supercod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Kath2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercod View Post
Hi, I decided to book the flight 1st and book Disney after that due to the fact can't get a decent direct flight from Glasgow for when we planned on going and even leaving it to Summer the choice and prices really sucked (would have been twice as much). So need some help on what folk would do for the 1st half of the holiday as the 2nd half I am already set on.

Going 29th to March to 17th April. 7 of us.. 4 Adults, 1 Teenager, 2 Children.

Flights are £4,763 on flights via Iceland Air.

Staying Animal Kingdom Lodge 7th April to 17th April. We get the free dining plan offer so that's good, and park tickets are valid for 14 days (but as they start when you check in we get 10 days) cost £6,056 two separate bookings for 2 rooms as they can't deal with it all together on the website, still to book that but before 15th Nov)

So starting to get pretty expensive and we are considering trying out one of the Moderate Resorts from 29th to 7th and using that as base to go visit Universal but this is not set in stone. Really I am looking for ideas on what others would do, note none of us will be driving though choice (we will use a transport company for day trips) ideas included get a villa for this part of the holiday, get hotel near down town Disney or like I say stay in a Disney Moderate Resort. Idea suggestions welcome, anyone else done this type of breaking up of a holiday before.. on in case youre wondering why we are not staying Animal Kingdom the full time, with 21 day park tickets it's because they won't let you get the free dining plan if your holiday starts before 7th April and that sucks as would have booked it all together as long as they made sure you got the dinning plan for the 7th to 17th part of the stay, thanks in advance.
For that number of people, a villa will be your best option.
Admittedly there is no DDP, but the savings on the villa & the cheaper costs of eating offsite and in the villa would offset that and then some.
Kath2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
deakam
DIS Veteran

I think I would stay at a Downtown Disney hotel. They all have transport to the Disney Parks and to other Orlando attractions such as the Outlet Mall and Universal. If you subscribe to Mousavers.com you can get some really good rates. I think the Mears shuttle from the airport is about $20.00 American..per person.

Or you could just book a split stay at the AKL, the first part without dining and the second with....
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: