Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #196
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
A friendly reminder that we have a South Hills village meet coming up. I have a few of you who responded already. Please see the copy of a previous thread below for details. Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on emailShare on favorites Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 AM #186 hedberg1661 DIS Veteran hedberg1661's Avatar Join Date: Jul 2013 Location: Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 513 South Hills Meet Up Hello all. For anyone interested in the South Hills Village meet up we have a date! From all the responses I received it looks like 3/29 around 6pm works for quite a few folks. Please respond to this thread if you are coming so we have a rough head count. We were planning to meet at South Hills Village and perhaps grab a bite to eat and get some coffee. There is a Red Robin in SHV and they could most likely accommodate us. Also for those who don't know SHV has a Disney Store so the group can make a stop in there as well. Again, please respond to this thread if you are coming and/or if you have any questions. If this date turns out to not work for most we can reschedule and/or schedule additional dates in the future if this is something everyone seems to enjoy. Thanks all! Brian
I've never been to a meet up, is it something my dd and DH could come to also? Just thinking that we don't have a disney store close any more and DD would like to shop.

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #197
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
I've never been to a meet up, is it something my dd and DH could come to also? Just thinking that we don't have a disney store close any more and DD would like to shop.
Sure this is nothing formal. The idea of this was to get some of us in the Pittsburgh area together to have a bite and talk about whatever makes us love Disney so much. It is a great way to meet other people and have a good time.

I know I will be stopping at the store while I am there so that is a great opportunity for your DD. As for your DH...I am also a guy so he doesn't have to worry about being the only one!

Again, this is nothing formal but gives everyone a great opportunity to meet folks with similar interests and it also provides a great platform to inform everyone of the official Dis Meet in Harrisburg this year.
1990's-2006 - Multiple trips ...mostly to BC, 2010 - BC, July 2012 - AKL, BLT, December 2012 - BC, April 2013 - DL, DCA Offsite, July 2013 - BLT, December 2013 - BC, July 2014 - BLT, October 2014 - S&D, 2014-15? - DCL, BC?

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #198
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

South Hills Meet Up

Just another friendly reminder that our meet is scheduled for 3/29 at 6pm at South Hills Village. I will be meeting everyone inside the food court near the entrance to Red Robin. I have about a handful of folks who have responded thus far. Please let me know if anyone else is interested in meeting up. I will have my Disney World Hat on so everyone knows who I am haha. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below I have re-posted my original post for those who haven't seen it.

Original Post:
Hello all. For anyone interested in the South Hills Village meet up we have a date! From all the responses I received it looks like 3/29 around 6pm works for quite a few folks. Please respond to this thread if you are coming so we have a rough head count.

We were planning to meet at South Hills Village and perhaps grab a bite to eat and get some coffee. There is a Red Robin in SHV and they could most likely accommodate us. Also for those who don't know SHV has a Disney Store so the group can make a stop in there as well.

Again, please respond to this thread if you are coming and/or if you have any questions. If this date turns out to not work for most we can reschedule and/or schedule additional dates in the future if this is something everyone seems to enjoy.

Thanks all!

Brian
1990's-2006 - Multiple trips ...mostly to BC, 2010 - BC, July 2012 - AKL, BLT, December 2012 - BC, April 2013 - DL, DCA Offsite, July 2013 - BLT, December 2013 - BC, July 2014 - BLT, October 2014 - S&D, 2014-15? - DCL, BC?

Old 04-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #199
HPCrazy
Mouseketeer

Reminder that next Saturday is the opening of "Springtime in the Park" as well as the meet-up. More info can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2286...y_type=regular

Time: Meeting up at 9:00 a.m. outside Chocolate World. Park opens at 10 a.m.

Hope to see you there.
Been a MAJOR fan of the Magic since June of 1989 (off-site), followed by: 6/95 (A-S Music), 1/99 (PO-FQ), 9/01 (A-S Movies), 9/02 (A-S Movies), 9/03 (Contemporary), 9/07 (A-S Movies), 9/10 (POP), 9/11 (A-S Music) and August 2013 at PO Riverside!
HPCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #200
cruzergirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
Just another friendly reminder that our meet is scheduled for 3/29 at 6pm at South Hills Village. I will be meeting everyone inside the food court near the entrance to Red Robin. I have about a handful of folks who have responded thus far. Please let me know if anyone else is interested in meeting up. I will have my Disney World Hat on so everyone knows who I am haha. Please let me know if you have any questions. Below I have re-posted my original post for those who haven't seen it. Original Post: Hello all. For anyone interested in the South Hills Village meet up we have a date! From all the responses I received it looks like 3/29 around 6pm works for quite a few folks. Please respond to this thread if you are coming so we have a rough head count. We were planning to meet at South Hills Village and perhaps grab a bite to eat and get some coffee. There is a Red Robin in SHV and they could most likely accommodate us. Also for those who don't know SHV has a Disney Store so the group can make a stop in there as well. Again, please respond to this thread if you are coming and/or if you have any questions. If this date turns out to not work for most we can reschedule and/or schedule additional dates in the future if this is something everyone seems to enjoy. Thanks all! Brian
Just wondering how the meet went as I was unable to attend... As much as I try, work just insists on rearing it's ugly head sometimes :/ Even for Disney
cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #201
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzergirl View Post
Just wondering how the meet went as I was unable to attend... As much as I try, work just insists on rearing it's ugly head sometimes :/ Even for Disney
I had about 5 people express interest who PM'ed me but only one person showed for the meet. Perhaps if we could get a better date for everyone we could try again down the road. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #202
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Sorry we didn't make it, although I didn't ever let you know we were coming. Since it poured that day and we had never been there we decided to not attempt the over an hour drive. Hopefully we could come next time.

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #203
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
Sorry we didn't make it, although I didn't ever let you know we were coming. Since it poured that day and we had never been there we decided to not attempt the over an hour drive. Hopefully we could come next time.
Yeah the weather was nasty that day...I know you personally didn't say you were coming but there were some others. That is alright though...perhaps another time in the future.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #204
LNS1302
Earning My Ears

Just found this thread and wanted to say hi! I'm in Lancaster county! Wish I would have seen about the Hershey meets sooner , I won't be able to make the one in a few days, and I'm getting married in Disney on May 9th so I won't be around for the May one either. But hopefully the next! I live like half hour from Hershey off of 322!
LNS1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #205
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNS1302 View Post
Just found this thread and wanted to say hi! I'm in Lancaster county! Wish I would have seen about the Hershey meets sooner , I won't be able to make the one in a few days, and!
I'm getting married in Disney on May 9th so I won't be around for the May one either. But hopefully the next! I live like half hour from Hershey off of 322
Welcome, I'm sure there will be more meets.
Congrats on your wedding!! I'm sure there will be a toast to the two of you at the May meet.

By the way, can you pick up an Elsa doll at the Lancaster Disney store for me.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #206
kde175
Mouseketeer

Another Southwest PA Diser

Hi,

I wish I had found this thread a little sooner or I would have joined you at South Hills Village. I would definitely be interested in a future meet up! We live in Moon so we're only about a 30 minute drive from SHV.

Our next trip isn't until September so I am overdue for some Disney.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

kde175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #207
ziggystardust
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread too.
Work in Lancaster. Live in York.

Just planned a quick weekend visit to the world in early June. Can't wait.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #208
HPCrazy
Mouseketeer

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the "Springtime in the Park" meet-up taking place at Hersheypark. We're meeting up shortly before 9 a.m. outside of Chocolate World's main entrance. More info can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/228611380648243/

Hoping to see some of you there.
Been a MAJOR fan of the Magic since June of 1989 (off-site), followed by: 6/95 (A-S Music), 1/99 (PO-FQ), 9/01 (A-S Movies), 9/02 (A-S Movies), 9/03 (Contemporary), 9/07 (A-S Movies), 9/10 (POP), 9/11 (A-S Music) and August 2013 at PO Riverside!
HPCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: