Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #76
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

No room in the house for a tale so we sit on the couch. If we're grilling and hanging out in the garage lounge there is a nice wooden card table we can eat at, or outside on a little patio furniture table.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #77
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One

Because whenever we eat over there we also eat in front of the TV and there just isn't much conversation and it just doesn't seem very family-like. We ate Christmas dinner in front of the TV on the couch this past year. It just doesn't feel right to me. I guess cause I grew up always eating meals at the dinner table.
ITA with you. We don't eat in front of the TV when the whole family is home, but usually sit at the kitchen table because the dining room table often has 'stuff' on and we don't have much time to clear it every night. I agree and I couldn't imagine ever having Christmas dinner on the couch, we always sit up at the table with the turkey in the middle. I guess I have been raised that way and we like to gather as a family for Xmas dinner.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm very sorry you have been questioned on yours. FTR, having the in-laws eat on the couch all the time would get on my nerves too. We do it occasionally but prefer to gather around a table. However we do have a TV in the kitchen and sometimes watch while we eat. And we don't have stools or standing trays either, I wouldn't mind getting one but it would tempt me to eat there more often and the kitchen table is one of the best times of day as we get to catch up with eachother.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #78
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

When we first moved into our house last year, we almost always ate at the kitchen table. Summer breakfast & BBQ in nice weather was at our patio table.

Since we had the baby though, we are eating in the den all the time (& we frequently bottle feed her there as well). Now she started eating solids (well, mushy solids!!) & we are feeding her in the kitchen. She doesn't eat the same time we do because that would just be impossible. Once she is able to eat a little more independently, we plan to have all of our meals at the kitchen table.

When we have holidays with company, we typically eat in the dining room.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #79
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

We have a small house, no dining room and a very small kitchen. Our only option is to eat in the living room. If we move into a larger place that allows for a dining room table, then that's where we'll eat.
pixi3ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #80
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

I forgot, when the weather is nice...all my meals are outside poolside. I can't wait, I can feel it coming
Old 03-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #81
disykat
DIS Veteran

At the table in our dining "nook" off the family room/kitchen. We use our formal dining room as a den, so never eat there unless one of us is home alone eating at the computer.

We use dinner time to catch up on how each other's days went etc. We often "save" stuff to talk about for dinner when we are all there. On rare occasion my son away at college even calls at dinner time because he knows he can catch us all together and we put him on speaker phone.

If we have people over and their are more than 8 of us, we put the food out buffet style and people eat all over the house. We have some card tables we can set up though and, if we borrow my friend's table that seats six, we can actually seat 22 but in two different rooms. The group I hang out with really likes to sit for meals I guess, because we tend to drag card tables and chairs over to each other's homes!

Last edited by disykat; 03-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.
disykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #82
avgeek81
DIS Veteran

I normally eat by myself, so I eat on the recliner in front of the tv. When my mom is here and we are eating at the same time we eat at the kitchen table. Most of the time I eat before or after work and she is not hungry at that time so I eat on the recliner again.

Growing up the whole family, mom, dad, me and my brother always ate at the kitchen table. On holidays we used the dining room. We never really had people over for meals but if we did we probably ate in the dining room because the kitchen table only had room for the 4 of us.
avgeek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #83
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

If I am all alone (like for lunch), I will sit at the computer and eat. I check my email, facebook, etc.

With the family- always at the kitchen table. Sometimes we will eat in front of the TV, like for the Super Bowl or something. Otherwise, we always eat at the table.
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: