Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #1126
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 948

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Actually JetBlue says it is not fair game and that you can not sit there with out paying the fee but sometimes people try to sit in the seats and refuse to pay. They paid for their non-extra leg room seat and unless a flight attendant them-self moves the person to that seat it is my fair game.

There is a difference between "luck" as you called it such as a room upgrade and just getting something for nothing. A company such as Disney or JetBlue etc wont know if people aren't ok with their policy of letting others in etc unless people who are upset about it say something.
Oh lordy. When I was a teacher, we called this "tattling." Good grief.

VP
__________________
12/05Pop Centuryy, VWL, Swan 12/07Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness 12/10 Fort Wilderness 10/12 AKV Kidani 6/13 Caribbean Beach 7/13 Polynesian 8/13 POR Royal Room 9/13 AKV-Jambo, POR-AB 10/13 FW 12/13 VWL 10/14 DISNEYLAND PARIS! 12/14 Bay Lake Tower and WL 5/15 AKV and FW







Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #1127
jkahne9
Mouseketeer
 
jkahne9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Babylon,LI,NY
Posts: 122

FP+ doesn't cost extra .. Right? So nobody is getting something they didn't pay for. If you decide to use FP+ for a show and someone who waits in line for 2 hours sits next to you, well, that seems like too bad for you for wasting a FP+ on that seat. FP+ gets you in and doesn't gaurantee anything beyond that.
jkahne9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #1128
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 27,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahne9 View Post
FP+ doesn't cost extra .. Right? So nobody is getting something they didn't pay for. If you decide to use FP+ for a show and someone who waits in line for 2 hours sits next to you, well, that seems like too bad for you for wasting a FP+ on that seat. FP+ gets you in and doesn't gaurantee anything beyond that.
Yep. Not that different from getting a FP for an attraction and discovering the standby line is nonexistent when you walk up in your window. Them's the breaks.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1129
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran
 
wilkeliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post

Oh lordy. When I was a teacher, we called this "tattling." Good grief.

VP
That is your personal opinion. During a test it is important for people to voice how they feel. People post on here about how they are unhappy with the practice of filling it or allowing people to stand in front if the area (seems like that problem is now gone) etc but if no one tells Disney directly they will never know that is a complaint.

Also to your comment that it will make longer lines at GR that are unnecessary this is a test and adjust phase. If someone feels like they were jipped then it is a honest complaint and during this phase they need to know that or there can be no "adjust" portion. Just like if you believe the viewing area wasn't worth it etc. That's why I said dot go in expecting anything but let them know how you feel so they can take that into consideration during the adjust period.

Also on JetBlue I haven't had to "tattle" in over two years because after enough people said hey it isn't really cool to charge us then just let anyone sit there they listened and now the flight attendants take care of it and make announcements that those seats are only for those that have paid for them. I have occasionally seen someone be moved there by a FA and I don't mind that just as I don't mind room upgrades etc but if someone just plops down that's not ok. I don't even say anything to the person or TA I just typically write JB to let them know how as a customer who typically pays for those seats how it comes off etc.

So seems it is a difference of opinions on the subject but I won't change my opinion that if you believe it wasn't fair etc talk to the CMs and even Guest Relations to see if that is policy or just something that is being tried etc.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #1130
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 948

Nevermind.
__________________
12/05Pop Centuryy, VWL, Swan 12/07Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness 12/10 Fort Wilderness 10/12 AKV Kidani 6/13 Caribbean Beach 7/13 Polynesian 8/13 POR Royal Room 9/13 AKV-Jambo, POR-AB 10/13 FW 12/13 VWL 10/14 DISNEYLAND PARIS! 12/14 Bay Lake Tower and WL 5/15 AKV and FW








Last edited by Violet Parr; 08-23-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #1131
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows
 
MickeyMomTo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

That is your personal opinion. During a test it is important for people to voice how they feel. People post on here about how they are unhappy with the practice of filling it or allowing people to stand in front if the area (seems like that problem is now gone) etc but if no one tells Disney directly they will never know that is a complaint.

Also to your comment that it will make longer lines at GR that are unnecessary this is a test and adjust phase. If someone feels like they were jipped then it is a honest complaint and during this phase they need to know that or there can be no "adjust" portion. Just like if you believe the viewing area wasn't worth it etc. That's why I said dot go in expecting anything but let them know how you feel so they can take that into consideration during the adjust period.

Also on JetBlue I haven't had to "tattle" in over two years because after enough people said hey it isn't really cool to charge us then just let anyone sit there they listened and now the flight attendants take care of it and make announcements that those seats are only for those that have paid for them. I have occasionally seen someone be moved there by a FA and I don't mind that just as I don't mind room upgrades etc but if someone just plops down that's not ok. I don't even say anything to the person or TA I just typically write JB to let them know how as a customer who typically pays for those seats how it comes off etc.

So seems it is a difference of opinions on the subject but I won't change my opinion that if you believe it wasn't fair etc talk to the CMs and even Guest Relations to see if that is policy or just something that is being tried etc.
Just curious, but If you were offered a free upgrade at a resort, would you turn it down? If not, that wouldn't really be fair to those who paid full price.
__________________
MickeyMomTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #1132
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran
 
wilkeliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post

Just curious, but If you were offered a free upgrade at a resort, would you turn it down? If not, that wouldn't really be fair to those who paid full price.
As I tried to clarify I only suggested to actually tell Disney because this is in the test and adjust phase. I saw a few posts where people had mentioned they didn't think it was right so I said if you don't think it is right tell GR or the CM because saying it here won't change anything.

If a company offers you a free room upgrade or if the JetBlue flight attendant puts you in an extra leg room seat so be it that is your luck but I can't simply go and wait next to a room that i didn't pay for and look sad to be let in. I can't show up to the airport and hover for 2 hours to get that leg room seat for free.

I'm done trying to defend my position. I won't use a FP viewing area because even when traveling with kids or first timers and even in the busiest crowds I haven ever ha a need to camp out early to get a good spot. Now if someone else does use their FP for that and they believe that because none FP people were let in their experience was diminished then they can an should say something.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #1133
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Can you clarify this? So are you saying that at 1:00 if you had a FP+ for Splash Mountain for 1:15 that you decided to change, and the current FP- return time for Splash was 4:00, the earliest you could rebook your FP+ time was 4:00?
Once the system goes fully live, I would guess the old 'Return Times' posted at the attractions will no longer be relevant. as you'll be able to book any slot later in the day if you wish (subject to availability of course).

Also, they will need to work out the eventual 'no show' ratios, and build that as a factor into the FP+ issuing availability on the system.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #1134
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahne9 View Post
FP+ doesn't cost extra .. Right?
So far, anyway....

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #1135
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYGATOR View Post
As I've heard you can only book the parades and special viewing (Fantasmic, Illuminations) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It seemed to be the case since we couldn't book the weekdays.

This is from out stay 8/7-8/16.

Fantasmic: was seated in the section next to the dining package people. One section off of direct center - same great views and they didn't allow the section to fill in with late comers until the last 10 minutes.

Illuminations was on the outside of the right gift shop in a roped off area. Right next to the handicap seating. They had wifi issued with getting the readers to work. We got in line about 20 minutes before out reservation because often with the stage shows we were given a time and arrived to find the locations already seated. We barely got a front seating spot because they started admitted people for the other side too. Seating never filled in to be more than two people deep and they kept the area roped off the entire time. Good viewing location.

Main Street Electrical Parade. The viewing area was in front of the castle in the round island. We were first in line and they again had reader problems. This are too started admitting people for another area. They kept the are roped off until they shut down the street and they promised to kept people from cutting in. Several times they escorted people from the area without bands. The location was great, the side and back ropes were kept up and Alice from Alice in Wonderland actually interacted with my daughter.

I have young kids so we never did much of the regular fastpasses. Our KTTW worked for regular FP and our original KTTW from earlier in the stay also work too. *hint* Shows were worth using the FP+ because you ended up bypassing a short line. Things that don't offer regular FP were nice like the mansion and Tomorrowland Speedway/It's a Small World when the lines were long.

You can change you FP+ times on the fly, but the earliest you can book is what current FP are being issued. So ones that are FP+ only you could often get on immediately.
I find the fact That FP+ is only good on weekends for F!, IllumiNatins etc upsetting. We are an older couple who never use FP's as the attractions we visit usually do not have lines Tiki Room etc, and avoid weekends but we would use the FP+ for parades and such on weekdays.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #1136
RUSTYGATOR
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Can you clarify this? So are you saying that at 1:00 if you had a FP+ for Splash Mountain for 1:15 that you decided to change, and the current FP- return time for Splash was 4:00, the earliest you could rebook your FP+ time was 4:00?

Interesting...
Yes, rescheduling was based on the current fasspass window, so at Hollywood Studio after 12pm you aren't getting into the Buzz Lightyear ride.
RUSTYGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #1137
RUSTYGATOR
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I find the fact That FP+ is only good on weekends for F!, IllumiNatins etc upsetting. We are an older couple who never use FP's as the attractions we visit usually do not have lines Tiki Room etc, and avoid weekends but we would use the FP+ for parades and such on weekdays.
Things could change, but this definitely seemed the way it applied to my experience. It was a good thing we had schedule illumination and Fantasmic the weekend prior. We had one last Friday to get in the Main Street Electrical Parade in with the special FP+ viewing area. We could of course stood with the crowds and probably would have been fine since we lined up early.

I'm not sure if you are an annual pass-holder or just a regular vacationer that only goes on the weekends, but either way you should be fine. The spots were awesome, but I don't think you would do that much worse lining up an hour before the events either. Illuminations had plenty of decent seating ahead of time and the others had more than adequate choices too.
RUSTYGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #1138
delmar411
DIS Veteran
 
delmar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 8,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYGATOR View Post

Yes, rescheduling was based on the current fasspass window, so at Hollywood Studio after 12pm you aren't getting into the Buzz Lightyear ride.
This isn't correct. Right this sec I can book a FP+ for TSM for 10:35am but the current paper FP return time is 4:55pm.
__________________
Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one. ~Abbott Joseph Liebling
The test of democracy is freedom of criticism. ~David Ben-Gurion
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1139
SkaGoat
DIS Veteran
 
SkaGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 587

How is taking the unused extra leg room seats on a JetBlue flight any different then the people who paid almost nothing for their flight because they lucked out with a seat sale or something like that. Guaranteed, any flight you're on there will be some people who paid $500 for their seat, and some people who paid $89.99 for the same seat, on the same flight.

How is that fair?

Can't we all just be big boys and girls and be happy we have the seat we expected.

WDW will get just as many complaints if they have half-full viewing areas that they refuse to let other guests use.
__________________
SkaGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: