Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

DH and I had a cheap date night

DG invited the kids to spend the night. We stayed in town after work. Hit the chinese buffet, which the kids don't like ( had a coupon). And saw Bourne identity movie. No one needed popcorn. Big screen only 5 other people in the theater. What was your last cheap date night?
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

I can't remember our last date night, but it's funny how people are different - we go to the chinese buffet about once a year, because it's the kids' favorite restaurant. DH and I can't stand it! It's pretty big, lots of seafood, sushi chef, food isn't that bad, but - it's a buffet, and we want our food served to us!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

What is "Date night"? We haven't had a night out since we were dating.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Sparrow624
"I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

our date nights are after dd falls asleep and involve whatever looks good on netflix or tv...

2003 - Off Site - 2 nights 3 days
2006 - Grand Floridian 8 nights 9 days (Honeymoon)
2009 - Boardwalk - 3 nights 4 days
2011 - Grand Floridian - 7 nights 8 days (5 year Anniversary)
Sparrow624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

What is that?? No, Im just kidding! We dont get too go very often but when we do.. Its not cheap.. Dinner, movie and baby-sitter.. Usually close to 100.00.. YIKES!!! But I guess when we do cheap.. Redbox rental and watch after kids go to bed

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
deuceswild10
Mouseketeer

LOVE good, cheap date night ideas!

For those of you asking what one is, get out there! Don't let months go by without doing something special together.

We had a date night last night, but it wasn't cheap. Usually, not always, we have to pay for a sitter, which is very costly. But we went to a great restaurant and really enjoyed our meal and took our time.

I love date nights.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Our most favorite date of all times....was a really cheap date. It was new years eve...DS20 was at a party and DS5 was at mamaws. We went to our favorite, really cheap but really great Chinese take out place and then to our favorite place for a huge piece of amazing cheese cake. Took it home and put on our PJ's, turned on an Andy Griffith marathon and ate and laughed for hours.Total cost was under 20.00!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
disney212
DIS Veteran

DH and I take dinner or pick up take out and have a picnic at a local park. When we were dating I was a single mom and couldn't afford a sitter and didn't feel right asking him to pay for one. I didn't want to spend a lot of time away from my kids since I worked full time and didn't get to spend much time with them without it being homework or some non-fun activity. DH worked 3 rd shift so he would pick up food and then me up for an early lunch for me, late dinner for him and we would head to the park during my lunch hour. Some of the best dates we ever had.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212
DH and I take dinner or pick up take out and have a picnic at a local park. When we were dating I was a single mom and couldn't afford a sitter and didn't feel right asking him to pay for one. I didn't want to spend a lot of time away from my kids since I worked full time and didn't get to spend much time with them without it being homework or some non-fun activity. DH worked 3 rd shift so he would pick up food and then me up for an early lunch for me, late dinner for him and we would head to the park during my lunch hour. Some of the best dates we ever had.
That sounds so cute!

We had a super cheap date this past Saturday. We had Grandma watching our son. We went out and got a peanutbutter cream donut ( heaven) and then went window shopping for our son for Christmas. Total cost was $3.40 for 3 donuts ( one for grandma) and one coffee. We had a blast walking around the toy stores and got lots of ideas.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

*Taking a ride on his motorcycle and stopping at Sonic or DQ for chili dogs and root beer floats eaten outside.

*Take-out and a movie...in our PJ's in bed. To me, eating and watching a movie in bed is the ultimate indulgence!

*Hot wings at our favorite sports bar while our favorite football team plays

*When we can make time for it, we enjoy soup, salad and breadsticks at "that Italian restaurant chain" for lunch together.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahdisney View Post
DG invited the kids to spend the night. We stayed in town after work. Hit the chinese buffet, which the kids don't like ( had a coupon). And saw Bourne identity movie. No one needed popcorn. Big screen only 5 other people in the theater. What was your last cheap date night?
We saw Looper last Tuesday night (9:40PM show), all tickets $5 on Tuesday night for all shows! Tomorrow night is a non-budget date night, we are going to the RUSH concert. We bought the tickets back in April.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

Last time DH and I had a date night, it didn't go too well

We took the kids to the "Kids night out " at the local Athletic center just a few mins away.

We went to a new small local place, it was OK. We went and bought movie tickets. went in and it was PACKED.

I mean people asking ppl to move down, so there would be 2 seats side by side.

The previews play for an endless 20 minutes, the movie starts, 5 mins into the movie DH cell phone rings, it's our 6 yr old on the phone from the center CRYING. Not an adult, our child

I was not too happy, they first suggested he call us, then dailed the number and handed him the phone !

I was steaming mad by the time we got an adult on the phone, all they said was "we wanted him to call, because he was upset, so come and get them ! "

I was none too happy when we got there and they were totally fine. It was too late, we had already paid for the movie, left, picked them up and went home and they went straight to bed.

I couldn't believe that they had the nerve to do that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: