Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #136
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Glad to hear u are enjoying yourself! We are thoroughly excited about going to WDW and already have our first day completely mapped out. For our second day after the cruise....we are *gasp* winging it!! (I never wing it LOl!!)
I am a pro at winging it, so the idea of mapping out what we do in a day is exhausting We made it through our first day at MK, even saw the electrical parade and fireworks! Got back to the condo just before midnight, and the boys just woke up. Back at it again today, but I'm really looking forward to supper at Be Our Guest...and a shorter day
Now to find the Tommy Bahama store in Orlando, DH wants to stop on our way to port
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #137
Stuchang
Earning My Ears

I am on the ship and its Thursday morning. Have not gotten off yet. There are two places to see the Sail Away party. Deck 11 and deck 12.

Deck 11 is right in the middle of the fun. Deck 12 does look down on the party but deck 12 gets just as crowded and arguably you can't see as much.

I have a suggestion. The front is usually taken by the little kids. About half way from the stage, there are two platforms on port and and starboard side. These are little boxes about 3'x3' and about a foot high. These are used for the crew to dance on. They have a pole with a hidden Mickey on it for them to hold on to.

How about meeting near the platform on the right side of the ship. The one closest to the cruise terminal. Can you believe I have been on 14 cruises and I don't know port from starboard.

Hope to see you on board.
Stuchang is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #138
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

I'll try to be there. My dd and I are both in bright pink tshirts. Mine is Tink and hers is Chip n Dale

Getting ready to leave Orlando for the port soon!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #139
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuchang
I am on the ship and its Thursday morning. Have not gotten off yet. There are two places to see the Sail Away party. Deck 11 and deck 12.

Deck 11 is right in the middle of the fun. Deck 12 does look down on the party but deck 12 gets just as crowded and arguably you can't see as much.

I have a suggestion. The front is usually taken by the little kids. About half way from the stage, there are two platforms on port and and starboard side. These are little boxes about 3'x3' and about a foot high. These are used for the crew to dance on. They have a pole with a hidden Mickey on it for them to hold on to.

How about meeting near the platform on the right side of the ship. The one closest to the cruise terminal. Can you believe I have been on 14 cruises and I don't know port from starboard.

Hope to see you on board.
Sounds good but I am confused if I need to go to deck 11 or 12.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #140
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Sounds like deck 11, close to the stage.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #141
Stuchang
Earning My Ears

Yes. Deck 11. About half way from the stage there is a platform for the crew to dance on. Meet at the one closest to the ship terminal.
Stuchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #142
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Sorry we didn't manage to meet up! I didn't make it over to the pool deck meet location until after sailaway.

The cruise was all kinds of amazing. The kids area was mindblowing and our kids had a blast. 3 days went by swiftly. We definitely want to cruise Disney again. for us, the Disney magic was well worth it. We are having lunch in the town of Celebration now and are flying home at 3pm his afternoon.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #143
Sea-Donkey
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed our 1st cruise ever...of any type. Could have been warmer though. Cold wind blowing when we boarded and straight to the Aquaduck we went...10 year old daughter couldn't wait. Then the wife took a turn with her and we were both freezing before hitting the hot tub.

Disney trips
1980 -Days Inn, 1982- Ft. Wilderness-cabin, 1983- Ft. Wilderness-cabin, 1984- Contemporary-tower, 1986- Ft. Wilderness-camper, 1988- Ft. Wilderness-camper, 1990- Polynesian/Caribbean Beach, 1992- Caribbean Beach, 1994- Dixie Landings, 1996- Offsite(school trip), 1996- Offsite(band in MK parade), 2001- Port Orleans Riverside, 2007- Port Orleans Riverside, 2008-Pop Century , 2010-Caribbean Beach Pirate Room, 2010-All Star Movies, 2011-Tokyo Disneyland, 2012-Coronado Springs & 1/2 Marathon, 2013-Pop Century & Bahamas Cruise on Dream
Sea-Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #144
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
We enjoyed our 1st cruise ever...of any type. Could have been warmer though. Cold wind blowing when we boarded and straight to the Aquaduck we went...10 year old daughter couldn't wait. Then the wife took a turn with her and we were both freezing before hitting the hot tub.
LOL - we were the crazies who also hit the Aquaduck before sailaway. BRRRRRR!!!! It wasn't even that bad climbing up before we got wet. Going down the slide, the water kept us warm. The spot where we landed was FREEEEZZIINNGG!! I jumped up and raced to get out ...and slipped and fell flat on my bum! Lesson number 1 - Don't run on wet surfaces.We hopped straight in the hot tub and called it a day.

I was crazy enough to snorkel at 10am in CC as well. BRRRRR. After we got off the ship, we went straight to Typhoon Lagoon and turned blue by the afternoon. In hindsight...we would have been better off going to a park. Oh well - we had a blast so it was worth it

Like u said, weather was cool - but it turned out to be an awesome cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: