Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Then it appears CostCo wouldn't be the best option for you. not every suggestion works for every person.
I just am convinced I am doing something wrong that is all. I can't imagine costco is more expensive than my optomitrist and that is AFTER the costco 50 incentive that ends today...Just seems odd that is all......

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
SarahKate
DIS Veteran

OptiContacts definitely!
SarahKate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

I use LensCrafters sometimes. They will price match an online deal. Just bring in the printout and they verify it.

I use to buy from 1800 contacts but noticed their contacts expired faster than the one from the dr office. I will say I haven't purchased from them I years now.
I wear the contact that last for 2 weeks.

I have bought from Walgreens they have some discount codes floating around I just bought a few weeks ago.
The Walgreens ones had a longer running expiration date. Than the 1800 contacts.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Kitzka
DIS Veteran

Both daughter and I wear daily disposable lenses. I get my lenses through vision direct. I can usually find or receive an discount with a code. They offer free shipping over $100 and I go through upromise to get a little more back (like $20-30).

For the insurance part I have to pay for the lenses first and then submit the receipt to my insurance to be reimbursed for what they would cover.

One thing I will suggest. As important as it is to save money you only have 1 set of eyes. When dd got her contacts at 13 I bought from my eye dr. I initially got a 3 month supply. After about 4 weeks my daughter developed an allergy to the material that acuvue lenses were made from. We went back to the optometrist and found another brand that she liked and were made from a different material. The optometrist gave me a partial credit on the lenses I still had and worked with me on the new lenses.
I did order through them for the first 2 years. Once it was clear that dd was all set then I ordered online.

L

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: