Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #16
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran
 
momofboyz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post

I think I will go for May We will go for RD and we always go straight to soarin when we get to epcot we ususally ride it because it's not busy but we can just get fast pass for it in May. Do you have any idea when the fast passes ran out for Soarin when you went ? Our school will be out of school Memorial day week so that will be good, I hate for her to miss school. We have taken her out the past few times we went and this past time she had a lot of makeup work . That makes it a bit stressful so I dont want to take her out anymore for Disney. Darn schools are messing up our vacation lol.
I'm not sure when. I do know we checked it out around 5pm & FP were gone. We had dinner & after dinner is when we stood in that long line.. My own fault for not planning better.
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #17
amydeich
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcever4 View Post

We were there at the exact same time and same resort! I have to agree with everything she said. This is the week we always go and would definitely go at this time again!

Robin
We were there that week and that resort too!! I concur that it wasn't too crowded, but not exactly empty either. We were well planned at MK (went on 5/29 and 6/1) and got everything done we wanted to fairly easily. The other parks, ADRs, DTD, etc were all great too! I definitely recommend this week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
amydeich is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydeich View Post
We were there that week and that resort too!! I concur that it wasn't too crowded, but not exactly empty either. We were well planned at MK (went on 5/29 and 6/1) and got everything done we wanted to fairly easily. The other parks, ADRs, DTD, etc were all great too! I definitely recommend this week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Great another positive reply Thanks
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Any one else go during this time ?
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #20
mummabear
DIS Veteran
 
mummabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,469

Our previous two trips we have gone for the first two weeks of May and this year we arrived May 21st for 28 days. So I cant compare memorial week to years past but I can say that these weeks were way busier than our previous trips and got busier by the day.
We did get everything done (actually every ride, show etc) but we had 15 days in the parks + disney quest water parks and a whole bunch of other disney stuff....
__________________
DL 85,96,05,07,12.
WDW 08,11, AOA 2013(28 Day Dream trip)!
Upcoming: DL Sept 2014
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."
 
HopperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 8 Hours north of the Mouse & the Magic !
Posts: 5,400

We were there arriving the Wed before Memorial Day and left the Friday after. Thursday and Friday before was fairly empty, even at Friday's Star Wars Weekend and we were in Magic Kingdom for the 24 Hour event. From Sunday of the weekend on we felt like it was very crowded. We used to go this time often about 7-8 years ago and never had it like this.

It was hot, crowded, very long lines and people were very rude. The safari fastpass line had to be queued in a zig zag outside the normal line. The monorail entrance to MK had a huge temporary queue built. So many fastpass lines were so far out the normal they had CM's standing there with flags. (picture below is end of Buzz Lightyear fastpass return line where green flag is).

We will never return that week. That said, we travel there in January, September, March, mid December .... times that are traditionally lower crowd times .... so this crowd level was not acceptable for us. Everybody is different. On the plus side the economy was doing well in Disney World.

__________________
"There is no right way or wrong way to do Disney, just what is right for you!"
Pirate Party 2008 Mickey's Xmas Party 2009 MNSSHP 2006 twice 2007, 2008, 2009 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 14!
Unleash the Villains! 2013 & 2014 Repeaters - Food & Wine Flower & Garden Star Wars Weekend
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #22
bmalonef45
DIS Veteran
 
bmalonef45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 642

We were there most of that week arriving on the Sunday before Memorial day and leaving on the DCL Fantasy on June 1st. The parks were busy at times but nothing that wasn't manageable. We found our best successes at MK were closing the park down, they even kept it open an extra hour one night. We were able to ride BTMRR and Splash 5 or six times in a row. Got a little tired of the MSEP it seemed like we saw it 20 times, okay only 5 or 6. We didn't go to HS on the weekend but when we were there it wasn't terrible. We were able to ride what we wanted with a little planning. Had a little trouble with our tickets early on in the trip, long story short we were able to get some "we're sorry FP" for TSM and RRC so we were able to ride them more than once.

I think with WDW its always what you make of it. If you plan decently you'll do fine. One surprise that we had was the weather. We expected hot and it wasn't that bad. Almost every day in the 80s with only one really muggy day and not a ton of rain, just normal spotty FL summer rain.
__________________
Bryan




Previous Disney Trips:
07/10/94-07/17/94 CB; 11/13/96 Off Site; 10/20/05-10/23/05 Off Site; 06/04/06-06/09/06 OKW; 11/18/06-11/22/06 BCV-DCL Cruise; 1/14/07-1/18/07 OKW; 07/28/07-08/04/08 VB; 12/09/07-12/13/07 SSR; 04/19/08-04/26/08 DCL Cruise; 11/24/08-11/29/08 VWL; 10/04/09-10/07/09 BCV; 05/29/10-06/08/10 DCL Cruise-THV; 10/13/11-10/18/11 SSR; 03/15/12-03/22/12 Aulani; 05/26/13-06/08/13 BLT-DCL Cruise; 02/13/14-02/17/14 OKW.
bmalonef45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #23
bmalonef45
DIS Veteran
 
bmalonef45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 642

One last thing. DTD was packed almost every evening, probably the most crowded and annoying part of our entire trip.
__________________
Bryan




Previous Disney Trips:
07/10/94-07/17/94 CB; 11/13/96 Off Site; 10/20/05-10/23/05 Off Site; 06/04/06-06/09/06 OKW; 11/18/06-11/22/06 BCV-DCL Cruise; 1/14/07-1/18/07 OKW; 07/28/07-08/04/08 VB; 12/09/07-12/13/07 SSR; 04/19/08-04/26/08 DCL Cruise; 11/24/08-11/29/08 VWL; 10/04/09-10/07/09 BCV; 05/29/10-06/08/10 DCL Cruise-THV; 10/13/11-10/18/11 SSR; 03/15/12-03/22/12 Aulani; 05/26/13-06/08/13 BLT-DCL Cruise; 02/13/14-02/17/14 OKW.
bmalonef45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #24
Missymouse18
Mousketeer
 
Missymouse18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 645

We go every year two days before Memorial Day and usually stay six days after. This year the only noticeably larger crowd we experienced was at DHS. It was super crowded. The other parks were about the same as usual with maybe a little heavier crowd on Friday at MK. I have been at other times of the year twice, once in the middle of June and once in November. June was a nightmare with the crowds and November was absolutely delightful with almost no wait times anywhere. Still, I choose to go Memorial Day and the week following, maybe just because it's the way we have always done it and I am a traditionalist But I will say this: no matter what time of the year it is, I would rather be WDW than any where else!
__________________
Missymouse18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
We were there arriving the Wed before Memorial Day and left the Friday after. Thursday and Friday before was fairly empty, even at Friday's Star Wars Weekend and we were in Magic Kingdom for the 24 Hour event. From Sunday of the weekend on we felt like it was very crowded. We used to go this time often about 7-8 years ago and never had it like this.

It was hot, crowded, very long lines and people were very rude. The safari fastpass line had to be queued in a zig zag outside the normal line. The monorail entrance to MK had a huge temporary queue built. So many fastpass lines were so far out the normal they had CM's standing there with flags. (picture below is end of Buzz Lightyear fastpass return line where green flag is).

We will never return that week. That said, we travel there in January, September, March, mid December .... times that are traditionally lower crowd times .... so this crowd level was not acceptable for us. Everybody is different. On the plus side the economy was doing well in Disney World.

Oh that doesnt sound good
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmalonef45 View Post
We were there most of that week arriving on the Sunday before Memorial day and leaving on the DCL Fantasy on June 1st. The parks were busy at times but nothing that wasn't manageable. We found our best successes at MK were closing the park down, they even kept it open an extra hour one night. We were able to ride BTMRR and Splash 5 or six times in a row. Got a little tired of the MSEP it seemed like we saw it 20 times, okay only 5 or 6. We didn't go to HS on the weekend but when we were there it wasn't terrible. We were able to ride what we wanted with a little planning. Had a little trouble with our tickets early on in the trip, long story short we were able to get some "we're sorry FP" for TSM and RRC so we were able to ride them more than once.

I think with WDW its always what you make of it. If you plan decently you'll do fine. One surprise that we had was the weather. We expected hot and it wasn't that bad. Almost every day in the 80s with only one really muggy day and not a ton of rain, just normal spotty FL summer rain.
Staying for closing might be a good idea if we dont get to tired
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymouse18 View Post
We go every year two days before Memorial Day and usually stay six days after. This year the only noticeably larger crowd we experienced was at DHS. It was super crowded. The other parks were about the same as usual with maybe a little heavier crowd on Friday at MK. I have been at other times of the year twice, once in the middle of June and once in November. June was a nightmare with the crowds and November was absolutely delightful with almost no wait times anywhere. Still, I choose to go Memorial Day and the week following, maybe just because it's the way we have always done it and I am a traditionalist But I will say this: no matter what time of the year it is, I would rather be WDW than any where else!
Wish we could go in November
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,363

Anyone else have any experiences with the week ?
__________________


maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.