Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Is Business Class worth it at CSR?

We are staying 7 nights and it will cost $250/room to upgrade from a preferred room to business class. Is the walk shorter to the pool and food from business class? We will be in Casita 1, 2, or 3 if we stay with preferred room. I am worried about my dad walking to pool, he had heart surgery recently, and refuses to use a scooter. He won't be at the parks much, and we will have a car. Just worried about the internal walking in the resort. Also, can children go in the lounge in business class? Are there any other perks I am missing, or is it just not worth the $$???
Thanks in advance,
Tina

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
saskdw
DIS Veteran

The Cabanas 9B building (Business Class) is the best location at CSR. For CSR regulars like us that is the biggest perk of paying for BC. You are 2 min walk from everything important except the Fitness Center which is about 7-8 mins from there. The rest is just gravy. You will get a very basic breakfast served from 7am-10am and then snacks/drinks served from 5pm-10pm.

I wouldn't pay for BC if you are expecting Club Level type offerings, you would be dispappointed if that's the case. We are staying there mid December. We payed for BC because of the location. However we will enjoy the breakfast, we usually order similar type supplies from Garden Grocer and eat breakfast in the room so this will be perfect for us. The evenings we are at the resort will be nice to have chips, cookies, fruit etc to snack on right down the hall and a couple of "free" beers by the lake is cool too. I think for $35 a night you can't go wrong. No its not Club Level, but CL is alot more than $35 a night.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

We were in Casitas 1 (I think) last year. We had requested Cabanas, and we were told that they were completely booked. The CM told us, that's ok, you are really, really close to everything. You'll see! Well, close we were not. It was quite a walk. And Casitas 1 was supposed to be the closest to the amenities as far as the Casitas goes. I think if it were me, I would spend the $250. If I had known that was an option, I would have done that. This was our first time at CSR. You live and learn.
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I'll let you know in a week! At CSR we've stayed in Casitas & Ranchos, and both times were FARRRRRRRRRRRR from everything. We're staying BWI Club level in a Deluxe room for the 1st 4 nts this week, then once DH flies home, the boys & I will downgrade to save $$. I saw CSR BC was open for $200/nt - and the only other room there available was $187/nt....so for $13 a nt the 3 of us surely can eat that in continental breakfast alone! We probably won't be back at the resort in the evening for the snacks & drinks. We're looking forward to the preferred location. After staying in Ranchos in December just the location is worth the extra $!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Kimberle
WL Vet

What do they serve for b/fast? Is it similar to the b/fast found at the deluxe CL?
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
What do they serve for b/fast? Is it similar to the b/fast found at the deluxe CL?
Not as much. No hot food. Cereal, fruit, yogurt, danish, muffins, juice and coffee.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

I think you are all right about the location being worth the extra $$. I think we will be happy grabbing a quick simple breakfast each morning and not forking out the extra $$ and time to go to quick service or table restaurant. My son is an early bird, and he will be anxious to get to the parks, so just grabbing a bagel and cereal will be plenty. One more question, children are fine in lounge, right? And do they frown upon you taken a water or fruit with you? I am not planning on cleaning the place out or anything. Promise. lol.

me, DH, DS(6)
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmom74 View Post
I think you are all right about the location being worth the extra $$. I think we will be happy grabbing a quick simple breakfast each morning and not forking out the extra $$ and time to go to quick service or table restaurant. My son is an early bird, and he will be anxious to get to the parks, so just grabbing a bagel and cereal will be plenty. One more question, children are fine in lounge, right? And do they frown upon you taken a water or fruit with you? I am not planning on cleaning the place out or anything. Promise. lol.
Children are more than fine and you can grab as much as you want to go.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysmom74 View Post
I was there on a mom n me with dd18 in April. We saw lots of families there!

The kids seemed to enjoy it as much as the grown ups.

I have stayed at CR, Poly and GF club levels and although not as plentiful the quality is just as good.

You can eat there or take back to your room. They just don't let glass/dishes leave. Just need to use paper/plastic.

Bus stop one was close! I have never been that close to a bus stop before.

Convenient to everything else too. Dad could hang out at the pool in cabanas, it is right there.

I had stayed at CSR 5 times previously but that was the best trip for location and amenities .
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for your great advise. Had to rebook and cancel the old reservation. Disney agent couldn't find it with the free dining, but I had it on the internet. Don't know what the problem was exactly, but it all worked out and we are set for business class for my family and my parents. requesting an adjoining rooms. Hopefully it works out. I know we at least have to be in the same building. Disers rock!! You always have the best info.

me, DH, DS(6)
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Just back from a split stay between BWI CL and CSR BC.

I will now never NOT want anything but BC at CSR again! The location alone is worth the extra $$. We were on the back side of 9B, which is probably the least desirable location in all of 9B...and were still only a 1-2 min. walk from the lounge, the main bus stop (Bus Stop #1 at El Centro)& the quiet pool & laundry in front of Cabana 9A. The main pool Dig Site area was only 2-3 min. walk away. The fitness center was much father, about 6-8 min. walk (which seems like an eternity when the real feel temp is 109!)

The lounge was great, I liked it better than any CL I've been in, other than them not being open during the day. That was the only downside for us, we love to be able to pop in for snacks & drinks during the day at deluxe CL lounges.

I liked the breakfast at CSR better than any CL we've stayed at (BC, WL & BWI - with the exception of hot oatmeal - I really love that on vacation!) The fruit selection was amazing - huge red raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, blueberries & blackberries. I ate 3 bowls full every morning! They had an assortment of bagels, cold cereal, coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate, juices, milks, etc. Small pastries too and mango yogurt & granola. I liked that the cold cereals were in those little to-go cups - we grabbed one to take with us for a snack during the day. You are allowed to take things back to your room from the lounge. If you want beer or wine they put it in a plastic cup for you.

The evening selection has no hot options (unlike deluxe CL) but had a nice variety of crackers, cheese, dips, salsa & chips, etc. I had a glass of wine every day at 5pm with some cheese, it was great. They had a selection of beer, one white & one red wine. DS16 liked the Fuze iced tea, we hadn't had that option at any CL.

The staff was very friendly & accommodating. You have to ask for a glass of wine, it's not out to help yourself too. I felt guilty asking them to get me things & cleaning up after me, I'm used to doing that myself! The lounge also had Wii which we didn't use, 2 large TV's and a desktop computer to use.

All in all it was a GREAT value for what we paid. A standard room was $177 and BC was only $202 - so for $25 extra a day we definitely got our money's worth (I did alone in just the fruit & wine!) - plus the preferred location was just what we wanted. I will definitely do it again!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that BC was actually available here except for conventioneers!! I stayed at CSR many years ago and remember requesting 9B but got 8A I believe but it wasn't BC then. I am staying there this upcoming October and requested Casitas Bldg 4 as I've only stayed in Cabanas and that looked very pretty and they say close to bus stop 4. Should I rethink this? Opinions please.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: