Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
peyjenk
Earning My Ears

Cinderella's Royal Table vs. Akershus or 1900 Park Fare

I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at Akershus and dinner at 1900 Park Fare this last February. I am planning my next trip for late 2014, and am intrigued by Cinderella's Royal Table. I understand that the Royal Table costs double Dining Plan credits, and am just wondering what makes it worth the extra? I had great food and great princess interactions at both Akershus and 1900 Park Fare, so am I missing anything by doing either of those again rather than springing for Cinderella's Royal Table?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Heidi Lou
The Mouse's Biggest Fan!

In my opinion, 1900 Park Fare breakfast is one of the best! My second fav only to Cape May! I love the setting and the characters...and of course the food! Besides the fact that it is inside the castle, i am unimpressed by any meal at Cinderella's Royal Table!
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Do you have to pay in advance for crt?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
Do you have to pay in advance for crt?
Yes, unless you have the DDP at the time you make the ADR.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I divide all CM at WDW into 2 categories: dinning Experiences and restaurant with characters at it. CRT is in the dinning experience category and is a must at least once IMO. To me it is magical being inside the castle. The view is spectacular. It wasn't the best food I have ever had, but it was good. I thought it was worth every penny...we paid OOP didn't do DDP. For us it was so fun. We ordered the chocolate slipper for our breakfast dessert for the little princesses at the table and it was just an overall magical experience. We skipped 1900 Park Fare this time because we were already doing so many character meals in my second category(restaurant that has characters at it). I think it is worth 2 credits since you haven't tried it and have already done the other two. You will never know if you will love or hate something if you don't try it though...no matter what everyone else recommends....have a good trip
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

We loved CRT. It was so magical eating in the castle. We've done akershus twice and I liked CRT much more.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Yes, unless you have the DDP at the time you make the ADR.
How does it work if you have a package w dining?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Lou View Post
In my opinion, 1900 Park Fare breakfast is one of the best! My second fav only to Cape May! I love the setting and the characters...and of course the food! Besides the fact that it is inside the castle, i am unimpressed by any meal at Cinderella's Royal Table!
Totally agree! Love 1900 Park Fare breakfast and really LOVE lunch and dinner at Akershus! I find the princess interaction better at Akershus. The castle is unique and try it once, but we prefer Akershus
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
DEA
DIS Veteran

The only thing CRT has going for it over the alternatives is the fact that it is inside the castle. I think Akershus has better food, better Princess interaction, and better value than CRT.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

We love CRT breakfast. It is on our repeat as much as we can afford list. We will be going in our October trip and again in February. We have also had CRT dinner and it was good not great and a really small portion for the price.

We have tried Akershus for lunch and dinner and we will never go again. We just have not enjoyed the entrees or desserts (the salad bar was good). Yes it is cheaper but I'd rather save and go to CRT breakfast and eat a meal I love in an iconic setting than eat a meal I just do not enjoy in a banquet hall.

We have also tried 1900 Park Fare dinner and while the character interaction was outstanding the dinner was just ok so on the probably never again list.
February, September, and October 2013; February 2014
Future Trips: April 2014 - Disney Dream; May 2014 - ASMo

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I think the menu at CRT is MUCH better than the standard breakfast at Akershus. None of us were impressed by the meal, just standard breakfast food. CRT you can have Steak, stuffed french toast, lobster and crab crepes… it's MUCH fancier and a larger selection! I guess it's really more what style of food you are looking for.

1900 Park Fare has a delicious traditional breakfast buffet with a few unique options- the Lobster Egg Benedict is AMAZING! Love them! Bananas Foster pancake topping and strawberry soup. However, there are NO princesses at that meal. It's all "british" characters, Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. Great characters (although there is no dancing or anything "fun" with them like Akershus).

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
twohokies
Earning My Ears

We always pay OOP for CRT........... it's not worth the 2 credits unless you have a ton you aren't using.

In the past we've done CRT breakfast, Akershus lunch and 1900 dinner. We're skipping Akershus this time. My one daughter wants to eat in the castle and both girls have always loved the stepsisters at 1900 dinner.
twohokies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: