Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 01:26 AM   #16
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by margitmouse View Post
Have any of you upgraded a ticket to no expiry ? Hoping to get discounted runDisney tix and then upgrade them...... It shouldn't be any different than just adding days right? As long as we use one day before upgrading...
It has been posted on earlier threads that RunDisney tickets cannot be upgraded or modified because they are discounted more than tickets from authorized third party ticket brokers such as UCT, Maple Leaf or AAA.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
nezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
It doesn't matter how much she paid; what matters is the gate price, which is currently $370.62 (and the price won't go up until June most likely.) This is where price bridging comes in - she should only have to pay the difference between the gate price of the 5 day PH and gate price of the 6 day PH, which is $10.65.
Thanks.
So what should be the phrasing of my request to make sure it is done correctly? Something like "Can you please bridge this 5 day PH to add a 6th day?"
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
Thanks.
So what should be the phrasing of my request to make sure it is done correctly? Something like "Can you please bridge this 5 day PH to add a 6th day?"
I would just ask what it would cost to add a day, and if the answer isn't $10.65, say thank you, take the ticket back, and ask somewhere else. For some reason, not all CMs know how to do price bridging.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
nezy
DIS Veteran

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

I upgraded my 7 day hoppers to AP's in Dec. I went to the guest relations in Epcot, the one inside near the front. After reading suggestions from the vets here, lol, I told the CM I wanted to upgrade my tickets to AP's. Then I asked him if he knew how to price bridge the tickets and he said 'of course'! I was really glad to hear that, lol! Then I asked him if he could check the price first and let me know before putting it through to make sure we were on the same page and he again said 'of course', and soon gave me the exact same numbers I was expecting! I was very happy how easily it worked out! I would have taken them back if he couldn't price bridge and numbers weren't what they should be. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #21
margitmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
It has been posted on earlier threads that RunDisney tickets cannot be upgraded or modified because they are discounted more than tickets from authorized third party ticket brokers such as UCT, Maple Leaf or AAA.
Thanks Kim, I didn't catch that, appreciate the info before I got my heart set on the plan

Member Since March 2010 ... and adding on!
margitmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #22
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
Thanks.
The first CM I tried with with in October, I simply said, "We need to add a day to our tickets." She typed some on her computer, frowned, talked to a supervisor, and they were going to charge me $50+ to upgrade each of our tickets. I asked them if they price bridged, and they said it wasn't available because I'd "bought the tickets at such a huge discount." I told them no thank you, left, and walked outside the park to a ticket booth. There I asked the CM if he knew how to price bridge, he gave me look that said, "DUH, who DOESN'T?" and said yes, so I said, "Great! I need to add a day to my tickets then." I got charged the $10ish dollars I should have been charged and went on my merry way. Note, that both of these encounters happened at Epcot, within 5 minutes of each other. So I'd say ask the CM if they know how to price bridge a ticket, and if you get a "no," or a blank look, to try someone else.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 AM   #23
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I have found that we have the most luck with 'bridging' at Downtown Disney. We have done it often and never had a problem at Guest Services there.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 AM   #24
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

I had this happen to me in November. I went to add days onto my UT ticket at Epcot and asked to charge to the room. They said they couldn't do it there and I said, no problem, I'll just add on at the AKL. When I went to AKL's desk they tried to upgrade me for a 2 day ticket regular price. I was soooo sooo mad. The manager came over and said the computer system at the hotel won't let them do it any other way. I was still mad, I really feel that they are trying to rip people off. In the end, I went back to Epcot and got the proper price. I also got free fast passes from the manager at AKL.

patclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #25
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclairesmom View Post
When I went to AKL's desk they tried to upgrade me for a 2 day ticket regular price. I was soooo sooo mad. The manager came over and said the computer system at the hotel won't let them do it any other way.
Another case of inadequate training and a calculated fib to try to cover it.

"The computer system won't let us" is a classic bogus dodge.
If you hear a CM say that, just move along and get the transaction done
by a better-trained CM at another location.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: