Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
delilah
DIS Veteran

Whoever posted about the San Angel Inn must have had a very different experience than we have when we went there. Have gone there twice.

I want to preface my comments with some background information. My husband is Mexican/Cuban by decent, my mother-in-law could prepare some outstanding Mexican/Cuban cuisine in her day. I love this style of food/cooking, and I know that the Tex/Mex food from Taco Bell is not real Mexican cuisine, and that Mexican cuisine is not the same as Cuban is not the same as Spanish, and so on and so forth.

The Mexican cuisine that we had at San Angel Inn was just plain nasty. I had a chicken mole dish that was so dry, I could barely choke it down (this is something that I prepare at home at times, and have had before and I know how it should taste). The restaurant was dark (probably so you couldn't see the food), and uncomfortably crowded (didn't want to navigate the path with my then four year old son to go to the restroom). My husband's opinion of the food was the same as mine.

Since we love Mexican food, we decided to give the restaurant a second chance. This time, we brought my brother and his family (who also like Mexican food). After the second visit, I decided that the first experience wasn't just a bad day. Haven't gone back again. The menu sounds lovely, but, the food is just awful.
delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Le Cellier! It's our favorite in the World Showcase! Via Napoli is good, too. We had a bad experience at Coral Reef, so I can't suggest that. Service was terrible! If you can get into Le Cellier you won't regret it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDetective
Le Cellier is a must. It has lovely food and nice setting if romantic s what you're after, the only downside is it can feel a little cramped.
Remember LeCell is goin to a 2ts meal in 2013 for lunch and dinner. That also means for OOP patrons will pay more for.their meals.

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli was fantastic.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
Malin
Mouseketeer

Awesome feedback

Its always nice to get a different opinion. I showed my friend the menu tonight for the Be Our Guest Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. And even though its limited in offerings it has still manage to get a So I'm confident finding something in World Showcase will not be an issue. Le Cellier is still my preferred choice and but I know its difficult to get a reservation. So I'm pushing ahead with the other options for now.
Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
Malin
Mouseketeer

Just to bump this thread up a bit. I spoke to my friend and gave her a look at all the Epcot Restaurants. Surprising she's picked somewhere completely unexpected. The Garden Grill. Looking further into the menu it actually looks like a lot of fun. The menu looks rather basic but the fact it's a rotating Restaurant and offers Characters like Farmer Mickey. I'm kind of opened to going here now!

Has anyone eaten here recently and is it worth checking out, thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: