Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Yes u can I was able to on our last trip. They applied the room only %discount to the room and just applied the tickets and dinning after. But I had to call to do it. Good luck
This is what we have done on two different trips with no problem!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
sndral
DIS Veteran
 
sndral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Call and ask. For our F&W vacation in Nov.I always book room only with my AP discount. Then I call about a week or so before and add dining. They tell me it is now a package and I have to pay in full. But that said. APs don't have to buy park passes if they want the DDP you may have to if you don't have an AP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Yes, you should be able to do that. It is what we are doing.

I have booked a room only with a discount for our February trip. The CM assured me that I can add the dining plan up to 5 days before we check in, but recommended that I add it at least seven days just in case. And we would be adding the tickets then, too. So that makes it a package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Yes u can I was able to on our last trip. They applied the room only %discount to the room and just applied the tickets and dinning after. But I had to call to do it. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
This is what we have done on two different trips with no problem!
Did those of you able to do this get new package reservation numbers or did you keep your room only reservation number?
I wonder if Disney has changed this from earlier this year, or if the CM I got on the phone didn't know as much as some of the CMs other posters have gotten. When I changed a room only to a package to add dinning in May 2012, I had to put a new $200 deposit down on the package and wait for my refund on the room only to be deposited into my account from my now cancelled room only reservation. My reservation number also changed from the all number room only to the mixed letter/number of a package. I did keep my bounceback room discount on the new package.
Just curious, if OP was able to do this as well.
__________________
sndral is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
cwt580
DIS Veteran
 
cwt580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buchanan, Mi
Posts: 877

what im worried about now is my reservation is a 8number /letter. not 7. maybe this why it wont link in the website.??
__________________

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Did those of you able to do this get new package reservation numbers or did you keep your room only reservation number?
I wonder if Disney has changed this from earlier this year, or if the CM I got on the phone didn't know as much as some of the CMs other posters have gotten. When I changed a room only to a package to add dinning in May 2012, I had to put a new $200 deposit down on the package and wait for my refund on the room only to be deposited into my account from my now cancelled room only reservation. My reservation number also changed from the all number room only to the mixed letter/number of a package. I did keep my bounceback room discount on the new package.
Just curious, if OP was able to do this as well.
Since room only bookings and packages are different reservation systems, tickets and dining can't just be "added" to a room only to make it a package and keep the same reservation number and money cannot be transferred between the two, which is why one has to be cancelled/refunded and the other booked, resulting in a totally different reservation number.
__________________
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #20
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,385
DISboards Moderator

You would be cancelling that reservation entirely and rebooking it as a package when you add tickets and dining. So it would no longer be a room-only reservation. As to whether that would result in loss of a room discount, it would depend on the discount, so you might need to ask WDW that.

If the discount is still good when you rebook you should be able to keep it. If the discount has expired at the time the change is made, either you couldn't keep the discount or there would have to be some fancy footwork by WDTC to keep the discount and you'd need to find a representative who could do it. No matter what they tell you, it is still a cancellation and rebooking.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Call and ask. For our F&W vacation in Nov.I always book room only with my AP discount. Then I call about a week or so before and add dining. They tell me it is now a package and I have to pay in full. But that said. APs don't have to buy park passes if they want the DDP you may have to if you don't have an AP.
hmmm, didn't know this, thanx Seems to be a great way to avoid having to pay in full earlier for a package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Did those of you able to do this get new package reservation numbers or did you keep your room only reservation number?
I wonder if Disney has changed this from earlier this year, or if the CM I got on the phone didn't know as much as some of the CMs other posters have gotten. When I changed a room only to a package to add dinning in May 2012, I had to put a new $200 deposit down on the package and wait for my refund on the room only to be deposited into my account from my now cancelled room only reservation. My reservation number also changed from the all number room only to the mixed letter/number of a package. I did keep my bounceback room discount on the new package.
Just curious, if OP was able to do this as well.
this is how it's been for me in the past
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.