Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #106
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your help. It really is appreciated. I am going to leave the sentence about my kids in the profile. They are important. About the ages, previously after weeks of communicating i have had men say that my youngest at their age was too young. I kind of wanted to get those people out of the way before wasting my time.

I will get new pictures done soon. My friend who takes pictures is actually in WDW right now! . Plus, my eyes are swollen with my dumb allergies. These two will have to do for about a week. .

Again thank you so much.

Oh, forgot...headliner Ideas?

1. Looking...for you maybe?
2. Hi! I DIY.
3. I Dis. Ask me what that means.

These sound dumb. Lol.
I have read a lot of this thread, but not all, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned ....

have you tried DisDates.com??? For us single, Disney folk?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #107
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Good luck, op! I met dh on match. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary this weekend.
When we met, I had 2 children from a previous marriage. During our wedding ceremony, we have the kids gifts and told them how much they meant to us. Dh said something like, "I always hoped I'd find someone who loved me and I loved back. I got lucky and got three." Ok, he said it better than that, but you get it. Lots of years all around. So, not all guys dislike moms.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #108
Bounce_Tigger
Your super-awesome safari guide for the next two weeks

Wow - you all were so helpful and surprisingly non-judgemental! Would anyone be willing to help me critique my profile? I've been on match for 3 months with very little luck (surprisingly, I've had better luck on OKcupid). I'm 26, never married, and I suck at the whole dating thing LOL.
May 2007 - CSR with best friend and family
Fall 2008 College Program - Attractions
"Grow Eyes For Poachers"
Bounce_Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #109
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce_Tigger View Post
Wow - you all were so helpful and surprisingly non-judgemental! Would anyone be willing to help me critique my profile? I've been on match for 3 months with very little luck (surprisingly, I've had better luck on OKcupid). I'm 26, never married, and I suck at the whole dating thing LOL.
Yes lay it on me, you can inbox me if you want
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #110
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I have read a lot of this thread, but not all, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned ....

have you tried DisDates.com??? For us single, Disney folk?

I never heard of Disdates.com

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #111
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
One more thing...definitely ditch the glasses. You don't look bad in them, but you are definitely a babe without! You have a pretty face, why hide it? I promise I'm not hitting on you, just trying to help :-)
Thanks.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #112
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioNate View Post
Which disappoints me, as a single mom. Because I'm not looking for a dad for my kids. And the thought of dealing with exs and the dynamics between kids already scares me.

I admit to being kinda bitter (which is why I don't really date) but it just seems to me one more thing I have to worry about.

I guess reading this makes my hangups about dating as a single parent seem more real. Which is sad to me because I'd really like someone to have fun with.

To the OP - it looks good and you are really brave to get out there! Good luck
Aww. I'm sorry. I do tend to be bitter about it also. It is one of my toughest things to overcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeySP View Post
I did the same thing and found a HUGE amount of married guys on the pay sites. I guess they think if you are paying it is more secret & harder to get caught. I even found one of my neighbors husbands there
wow. that's crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I definitely think you could add something like "theme park junkie" or Loves to go to Theme parks. I for one would consider that a huge plus. Believe it or not this is a pretty big issue with me. I really don't want a long term mate that isn't into the parks and the beach etc., since they are some of my favorite interests.
Love those theme parks! I did put Disney as an interest.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #113
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
I definitely think you could add something like "theme park junkie" or Loves to go to Theme parks. I for one would consider that a huge plus. Believe it or not this is a pretty big issue with me. I really don't want a long term mate that isn't into the parks and the beach etc., since they are some of my favorite interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys
Love those theme parks! I did put Disney as an interest.
Yes, but it sounds a lot more exciting the way TheAviator put it!

Example

Theme Park Junkie!

vs

Interests: Disney

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #114
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

You want you profile to be interesting and stand out. If you've done anything out of the ordinary make sure it is on there. One of my friends has been to Everest Base camp and it is on her profile because it makes her stand out.

It is also a good idea to put things in there that will start conversations. Put just enough to make you intriguing without all of the details, make someone who is interested ask you for the details. Another one of my friends use to have in her profile that she had dinner with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I told her to change it to had dinner with a Supreme Court Justice because that would give anyone who is interested a perfect opening question to start a conversation.

You want to come across as fun and interesting. Find ways to sell yourself because that is really what you are doing with online dating just as you are when meeting someone in real life.

Good luck.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #115
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
You want you profile to be interesting and stand out. If you've done anything out of the ordinary make sure it is on there. One of my friends has been to Everest Base camp and it is on her profile because it makes her stand out.

It is also a good idea to put things in there that will start conversations. Put just enough to make you intriguing without all of the details, make someone who is interested ask you for the details. Another one of my friends use to have in her profile that she had dinner with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I told her to change it to had dinner with a Supreme Court Justice because that would give anyone who is interested a perfect opening question to start a conversation.

You want to come across as fun and interesting. Find ways to sell yourself because that is really what you are doing with online dating just as you are when meeting someone in real life.

Good luck.
These are all very good tips!
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #116
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeySP View Post
I did the same thing and found a HUGE amount of married guys on the pay sites. I guess they think if you are paying it is more secret & harder to get caught. I even found one of my neighbors husbands there
There's a site specific for them, sad as that is. AshleyMadison.com, I believe

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #117
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
There's a site specific for them, sad as that is. AshleyMadison.com, I believe
Why pay for AshleyMadison when they can do the others for free?

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #118
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I can't add anything more than what everyone has already said. I agree that you should try some paid sites like Yahoo personals or Match.com

After my divorce from my first husband my DS28 signed me up on Match.com and Yahoo personals and didn't tell me until I had been on there a week or two and was already getting responses.

I was so embarrassed and shocked that he would do that. He thought if he didn't I would never meet anybody (because I don't GO OUT or go to bars). But I do have to say he picked some good pics of me and he described me almost exactly how I would have described myself.

I got much more responses from guys on Match.com but ended up meeting my current husband (7 yrs) on Yahoo personals.

I had actually decided to take the ads down because I was just too worried about going to meet strangers and I would never agree to go meet anybody. I am not good at meeting strangers or going on blind dates.

But Dh ended up messaging me right before I closed my accounts and I just started emailing him for awhile and come to find out my good friend Sherri was the girlfriend of his next door neighbor and my friend Sherri had met my DH and knew he was a good guy who wasn't an ax murderer. I was a little less reluctant to meet him since I knew he lived next door to my friend's long term boyfriend. So I finally agreed to meet him. But we had emailed for weeks then talked on the phone for weeks before ever agreeing to meet.

I found a lot of the guys who contact you from dating sites want to immediately MEET UP with you. They are not the least bit interested in getting to know you before asking you out for a drink. And that put me off.

Dh got to know me before asking to meet me. And we liked each other so well before we ever met that we were destined to be together after that. It was love before first site almost.

I highly recommend dating sites. PAID sites. Not the free ones.

I would never use anything as serious as EHarmony though. I think they try to pair you up with a spouse too soon.

But good luck.

And as far as paying for the dating sites...it has been 7 years since I was on there but I think back then Match and Yahoo were both around $20 a month if you paid by the month and even cheaper than that if you paid by 6 month increments.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #119
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotoco View Post
Several things you need to change. Gt rid of all those pics and take some better one w/o the kids (many guys don't want the baggage)and maybe get some glamour shots. Get rid of the sewing and going to church since there are probably not many guys out there looking for that (unless there is a guy out there looking for a mother to supply handiwipes and read bedtime stories). Get a haircut, your profile is awkward, and screams tired mom; not "woman wanting to date". Go on a legit paid dating site (eharmony or match), not plenty of fish which is basically a hookup site.
Wow. There's blunt and then there's blunt.

I think her hair is fine and the comment about handiwipes and bedtime stories was a little out of line.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #120
GigglyFigment
Mouseketeer

OP, I think your new profile is great! I think the only thing you need to add is a hook for an interesting story. You want to give them something that they'll want to ask you about like "So, tell me about the time you cut your hand on a cookie?" (true story!) and not "Um, why did you punch a Klingon?" (yes, a guy had that on his profile.

I highly recommend using a site like match.com as well. Eharmony is terrible as a lot of guys are on there to get married - I did a free weekend and had at least 5 guys messaging me to say "What qualities do you look for in a husband?"

Plenty of fish is good for practice, but I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket.
GigglyFigment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: