Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Mamato3Princes
Adventure is out there!

We had a MK view when we went in Feb and it was wonderful. The room was comfortable and spacious for us. We loved having the monorail right there. But the best part was seeing Wishes from our balcony. It was beautiful. Every morning my 2 oldest would open the curtains and say "Good morning Cinderella!". I always got a rush of excitement seeing that castle sitting right there. If these pics don't get you excited then idk what will!

Feb 4-9, 2012@CRMKView//Feb 9-14, 2012@BWV! Our sons' 1st trip! May 28-June 1, 2012@POR! Aug 26-29, 2012@OKW! Oct 27-28, 2012@CSR! Dec 7-9, 2012@POR!
Jan 28-Feb 1, 2013@AKV! Mar 9-12, 2014 @POR! Baby girl's 1st trip! Mar 15-19, 2014 @BC! May 19-25, 2014 @KidaniSavView! Sept 23-25, 2014 @OKW! Oct 20-21, 2014 @POR! Oct 31-Nov 2 @POR!

Mamato3Princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

I thought the rooms at the CR were the classiest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in - the room was just beautiful. The Contemp Cafe is also a great place to eat.
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
BabyBelle1
Earning My Ears

Wow!! Mamato3Princes!! Those pics are awesome.. What floor or room# did you have?? (yes, if it isn't obvious, those pics have gotten me excited)

Based on what everybody has said, I think we'll be taking little walks to the MK every day just for a ride or two. Now that we've been fortunate enough to have visited WDW enough to have done all of the major attractions multiple times, we spend more time at our resort. We sleep late, spend the day at the pool or whatever, and hit the evening EMH park til late!

We like to do things specific to whichever resort we're staying at during the day, so hopping to MK will be one of those!!! Does anyone know if we can use the BLT pool?? Has anyone done the water sports at CR?? My kids and I have always wanted to go parasailing & I'm thinking about surprising them with that. (they're 11 & 13, both with mild autism and LOVE super stimulating experiences!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaneme View Post
But if you don't want to go, I can arrange to go in your place
You seriously cracked me up.. And made me very thankful that I'm able to take my kids on fun vacations!

Thank you, everyone!! I'm excited now!!

1 in 88... 2 are mine

1995 - Dixie Landings aka Port Orleans Riverside - 1997 - Grand Floridian - 2000 - Polynesian - 2002 - All Star Movies -2006 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - 2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - 2009 - Pop Century - 2011 - Polynesian - 2012 - Portofino Bay/Contemporary
BabyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #19
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

NO, CR guests can not use the BLT pool (but BLT guests are allowed to use the CR pool if they want to).

I think the biggest step toward liking a new resort choice is to not compare it to any other resort. They are all different - different theme, different amenities, different vibe. That's not to say that you won't prefer one resort over another when the stay is finished - you might. But you have to give the new resort a fair chance to win your affection. I like CR and I like Poly, but they are totally different experiences. If you go into it with the idea that it's all going to be new and wonderful, then it will be. I'm one of those people who doesn't have a problem staying at any level of Disney resort because I don't spend my time in a value missing what I would have had in a deluxe - I enjoy the value experience on it's own merits.

As to why I like CR, I do think they have the most comfortable beds on property (plush, yet firm ). I like the restaurant, shopping and recreational choices. I like getting on a boat and riding around Bay Lake from CR to FW to WL and back again. When I rent a boat, I prefer Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon because there is more space, and less traffic. If you are staying in the tower, the views (no matter which side) are fantastic. I like the option of walking to MK, and usually book CR any time I'm doing an after hours event at MK specifically for that reason.

Is CR perfect? No. I don't like the sinks in the bathroom because it takes forever to drain water out, and there is so little counter space. I usually end up using one of the sinks as extra counter space, and the other one as the "wet" sink. Having the separate toilet room is nice, but if someone is taking a shower, you can't get to it anyway. But there are quirks to the Poly bathrooms as well, so I figure they equal out in the end.

Give CR a fair chance and I think you'll have another favorite to add to your list.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

The best part about CR is location.

Just imagine watching Wishes, the huge crowds leaving all at once heading for the monorail and buses creating huge lines, and you get to just walk right back to the resort.

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
YankeePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Sorry, reading trying to sell myself. We are thinking of booking poly for fall, but CR is our back up. Now after reading, thinking either one will be great. Thanks

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Hooray! So glad to hear!

So excited! Staying in August for 5 days/four nights for a convention! So I am soo soo happy to hear all the good stuff. At a convention rate of $149.00 I am around.
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #23
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

We didn't stay at Contemporary but visited twice on our last trip, we liked it so much

There is a little bar called the Outer Rim - it looks over the lake towards Wilderness Lodge, and you can get a drink and take it out on the balcony to watch the fireworks. We actually chose to watch the fireworks from there rather than in the park - it's such a short walk to the MK.

If you aren't excited, I'll go in your place!
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

So many good things, but the view will be the best. Everything else mentioned is great too! Have a great time!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #25
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

If you were my toddler it would be the thrill of watching the monorail go by 100 times during breakfast. Every single time he saw one he yelled "monrail" (yes, he left out the middle o). It never got old for him and definitely reminded us how easy it is for us to take the magic of Disney for granted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: