Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Suellen
DIS Veteran

This is the first I hear of a night they canceled both parades and fireworks. What night was the party?

I know even the heavy night last week they ended up having the second parade and the fireworks - just a bit late - AND they refunded everyone.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMotherhood View Post
We are so disappointed…the night we went to the Not So Scary Halloween Party It rained all night. They cancelled both parades and fireworks. We were really looking forward to that. We walked around the park looking for the jack o lanterns to get some candy but we only found one close to Splash Mountain and no one was there giving out candy. We only got some candy at one store at Fantasy land. Disney World should have a backup plan when it rains, they should have other entertainment for the guest when they plan to cancel the events of the night. It was boring and the kids were getting upset, so we left. I don’t think we will visit again at this time of year. We paid almost the same admission price for the party and it was not worth it.
October 4?

I would contact guest services & see what they say. refunds and other compensation were offered that night. you will have provide (at the very least) a copy of your tickets from the party and possibly proof of payment.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post

I know even the heavy night last week they ended up having the second parade and the fireworks - just a bit late - AND they refunded everyone.
I could see where someone could assume (incorrectly) that the second parade was canceled, if they did not stick around until 11pm to find out for sure. there were repeated announcements that it was delayed ... and even the CMs on Main Street said it was touch and go right up until the last minute. (we had the sweetest CM come update us every time she got new information. LOL)

as far as I know, there was no plan to cancel the fireworks. they were only delayed.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
MomRN
DIS Veteran

We were there at the Oct 4 party. We hung out in the gift shop until about 8:30. Then we went and got candy (we hit the trail from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland like 3 times, between the 3 of us I imagine we got 5-10lbs of candy). We than sat and waited for fireworks, then found a spot for the parade. Afterward,got more candy, saw Jasmine/Genie, and Duffy. We probably did 25%-50% of what we did at the party the year before. My husband had heard about people getting refunds, no questions asked, and inquired about it. We were given a full refund. They did take back our Halloween Party tickets, but oh well. He was also offered a one day ticket for each of us (which I wish he would have taken instead, but he didn't know any better). Good luck!
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
This is the first I hear of a night they canceled both parades and fireworks. What night was the party?

Not happened yet this year that I know of. OP assumed everything was cancelled.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
ghosty1000
Mouseketeer

I also attended the party last Thursday. While we got wet, I think we still enjoyed it. Well, at least the kids and I, my husband fond himself drinking around the monorail loop for much of the rainy part of the night

I will also tell you about my prior experience with a rainy MNSSHP in 2007. It rained harder than I had ever seen at Disney. It was my first MNSSHP. We literally walked into the Magic Kingdom and back toward the Haunted Mansion (it was right after the refurb and it had been closed our whole trip up until that day so I really wanted to ride it). Then we turned around and left. While I was so disappointed about the outcome of the party, I never thought to ask for a refund until I read about it her on the DIS!

Months later, when free dining was offered for 2008, we decided to return for a fall trip. I contacted Disney and explained my experience at the party in 2007 and asked if there was any way possible to exchange the 2007 tix for a 2008 party and they did just that for me!

06/00 DLR, 06/02 offsite, 09/04 POFQ, 09/07 CBR, 09/08 CSR, 06/09 POFQ, 09/10 POFQ, 03/11 DLR, 10/12 POFQ, 09/13 POP, 11/14 AKL
ghosty1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Unfortunately, Disney can't control the weather short of putting a 45 square mile dome over the entire complex. If you didn't want to ask about a refund that night (since it was so busy), you could have gone to any Guest Relations the next day and asked about getting one.
I'd pay a little extra to help pay for the dome.
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #23
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
Me too..... if it has A/C year round!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
It'd have to be retractable.....I would want to see sunlight when it was a comfortable dry temp. Is it really too much to ask?

Seriously though - the tickets say non-refundable and they did still have to pay to put the party on. Employees, fireworks...etc. AND they offered refunds even though it is clearly stated non refundable....seriously don't know what else they could do for people short of building a fan large enough to push the rain clouds over ti Universal Studios.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #25
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
It'd have to be retractable.....I would want to see sunlight when it was a comfortable dry temp. Is it really too much to ask?
That would be next April 22nd from 10:17 till 11:45. Book now.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
LovingMotherhood
Earning My Ears

We went on Thursday the 4th. We decided to leave because they had cancelled the first parade and we were not sure if they would have the next parade and fireworks. It was still raining so we assume that they would cancel the next parade because it wouldnt stop raining. I know we are not made out of paper and I don't mind getting wet. But we had two small children with us and their health comes first than any party.They were bored and upset so we left.

2013 WDW (Fall): Port Orleans Riverside

2012 WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort (Family Vacation)

2011 WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort (My little one's First Visit)

2008 WDW: Coronado Springs Resort (Honeymoon)
LovingMotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
We went on Thursday the 4th. We decided to leave because they had cancelled the first parade and we were not sure if they would have the next parade and fireworks. It was still raining so we assume that they would cancel the next parade because it wouldnt stop raining. I know we are not made out of paper and I don't mind getting wet. But we had two small children with us and their health comes first than any party.They were bored and upset so we left.
I think everyone understands that.

I would be interested in their response to your e-mail, if you don't mind sharing.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
mking624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is understandable. But I think part of the issue here is that your OP stated that they DID cancel both parades and the fireworks...and you weren't even there to know if that was even true. All you knew was about the first parade and then made the assumption about the rest of the night. I can understand being disappointed you couldn't experience the parts you were there for. It's not quite fair, however, to express disappointment over something that you weren't there to see. Especially when others wind up showing that it went on after all. That is the biggest thing. I would contact Disney about it. I went to a party in 2007 when it rained hard almost the entire time. Even though the second parade did go on, as did the fireworks (both delayed), they wound up giving us a choice between a one day ticket for MK or a ticket to the a Halloween or Christmas party (good to the end of 2008).
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
LovingMotherhood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I think everyone understands that.

I would be interested in their response to your e-mail, if you don't mind sharing.
We are still waiting for their response. Sure thing! I will let you guys know.

2013 WDW (Fall): Port Orleans Riverside

2012 WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort (Family Vacation)

2011 WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort (My little one's First Visit)

2008 WDW: Coronado Springs Resort (Honeymoon)
LovingMotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #30
Retro Magic
Mouseketeer

I talked to them on the phone the other day regarding our little February trip and mentioned the rainy Party we went to on the 21st.......WELL, magically we now have complimentary Park tickets waiting for us when we arrive!!!!
1997 Grand Floridian & Boardwalkșoș1997 All Star Sports & WDW Dolphinșoș1995 Marriot Orlando World Centreșoș1991 Grand Floridianșoș1988 Buna Vista Palace

Retro Magic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: