Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #3736
onekindman
Lucky 7th Trip, Go East Young Men, Go East! (DIS Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog
Have any of you veteran cruisers out there used your iPhone on the ship? I'm guessing I'd have to put it in airplane mode to avoid roaming charges equivalent to what we paid for the entire trip. In a perfect world, I'd love to use it for the camera (even though I'm not much of a photographer), as an alarm clock for the kids, and to check email if the ship has WiFi. But, if it's more of a hastle than it's worth, I'd rather not schlep it around. Thanks in advance for your input!
The roaming fees will hurt bad as it connects to the ships satellite system. I take mine and put it airplane mode until I am back in a u.s. Port.

Proud member of the Lost Beer Boys!
Single dad of two wonderful sons
(hence the reason for being in LBB!)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #3737
onekindman
Lucky 7th Trip, Go East Young Men, Go East! (DIS Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew
So I have a question for any 3rd time or more cruiser. This will only be our second Disney Cruise and I know we will get a gift in our stateroom, but I've been told that it's 1 per cabin, not per person. Don't get me wrong, I'm so very grateful for whatever we get, my question is, does each person get a lanyard, or do we just have to collect them 1 cruise at a time? I'm ok either way, I just need to know if we need to buy 3 more.
Every castaway member gets a new lanyard on each cruise. The cabin gift is one per cabin per cruise. I ended up with the same cabin gift when we did a back to back cruise as the gift is based on your castaway level.

Proud member of the Lost Beer Boys!
Single dad of two wonderful sons
(hence the reason for being in LBB!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #3738
MrMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
In 2008, we were working in the same office (she has since moved to PIT) and I walked into my cube to a life sized cut out of Obama with the caption "Emmy-I am here to take all of your money and your guns, you better cling to your religion while you can. PS, Lets be friends" I almost peed my pants.

I love your boss!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #3739
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 4 weeks,
that is 28 sleeps!

Did you know?
On the Solstice - December 21, 2012 when we arrive in Costa Maya, the Sun, Earth and the centre of the Milky way will be aligned for the first time in 26,000 years. At 11:11AM universal time (6:11AM ship time, I think), it is the completion of the 5,125 year Ancient Mayan Long Count Calendar. Is this an end point, or the start of a new cycle? And I always thought that 11:11 was a special time of the day to make a wish. At least that is what my kids always said, “Hey mom, it is 11:11, make a wish!”

Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #3740
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Another Saturday, another WVU loss and instead of just one niece and nephew crying over the loss, I had two nieces crying and a nephew crying. My little sister was not to impressed her DD learned football! When my sister heard her DD crying and asked where her boo boo was, Cecilia said, "my boo boo is because West Gaginia lost. I got yelled at for corupting her daughter. This has not been a good falll for me! And I turn 30 in 3 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
I passed 2 BaB's on to DS when he was born, then we took him at his 3rd bday to get Rudolph. He actually loved them from age 3-4, and when I asked him yesterday if he wanted to get the Grinch, he said he didn't want any more. Guess it is a girl thing. Will just have to go by myself.

Oh my goodness, me too. I tried homemade ornaments once (as an adult), the clear balls and I wrote on them. Stupidest looking thing, but I think my mother still hangs it.

Emily, I hear you. I am very outgoing in a group where I already know people, or in a situation where I am the "expert" and people are asking me questions. Put me in with a group of other preschool parents, or a party for friends/coworkers of DH, I tend to stand in one spot and just people watch. One sister is the same, so it must come naturally.
Just so no one will be surprised when we board quietly, but hopefully disembark knowing everyone!
My nephew still loves BAB but won't admit it to anyone. He has the sports mascot ones and all his bears are in sport uniforms.

My ornaments are store bought. I just don't have the creativty to be making them!

I am glad I am not the only shy one. I am hoping that talking on the boards and getting to know everyone before hand will help me feel like we are already friends so that I will feel comfortable. I have gotten better when my sister isn't around but she is the social queen and I use her as my crutch a lot when she is around and don't want to fall into old habits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
It was so much fun but I won't do trivia without my friends cause they were the brains of the team and they are not going on this cruise. I don't remember things like I used to so I wouldn't get very far.
What are ADRs? Am I misssing out on something?
Judy
We lost our brains as well so if you are looking to join a team of former tagalongs, feel free to join us. It might be fun to get every question wrong!
ADR is advanced dining reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
They also have them at places like Claire's. I think they ran in the $12-$15 range there.
I have sensative skin and can't normally use things from Claire's. It has to be the real metal. I even have issues with laundry soap and dryer sheets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecechaffee View Post
We would like to be added for the christmas ornements exchange. Any suggestion who I could contact for this?
I am the contact person How many people in your group will be doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I am headed to Nebraska tomorrow to check on my mom before we head out on our cruise. We will be driving since I may be bringing some of mom's stuff back with us. I am watching the weather in the Midwest and am pretty sure we will hit some iffy weather. Most likely in Oklahoma City.
When we get back it will time to pack and get ready for the cruise. I am so excited. I was at the Disney store yesterday and found a Cinderella t shirt that says "and she lived happily ever after". You will see me wearing it on sail away day because December 9th is our 40th anniversary. Can't wait! Sherry
Safe Travels! 40 years should get you on Match your Mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
He moved Oct 1, so he's been commuting the 400 miles to see us most weekends. If we seem stand-offish on the cruise, it's only because we are looking forward to some much needed family time, so the timing of this cruise will be perfect.

Today, we made an offer on purchasing a home in our new location and if it is accepted our close date is January 11.
Enjoy the family time, it seems like you will need it! Hope the move goes smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
Have any of you veteran cruisers out there used your iPhone on the ship? I'm guessing I'd have to put it in airplane mode to avoid roaming charges equivalent to what we paid for the entire trip. In a perfect world, I'd love to use it for the camera (even though I'm not much of a photographer), as an alarm clock for the kids, and to check email if the ship has WiFi. But, if it's more of a hastle than it's worth, I'd rather not schlep it around. Thanks in advance for your input!
We have a no cell phone use policy on vacation so we put it on airplane mode. We still use it for the alarm clock and to use the apps, like logging our runs and such and we do use the camera. As long as it is in airplane mode, we never had any charges. We have never used it for Wifi though.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #3741
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Happy Veteran's Day

To all the Veterans on the boards, We wish you a Happy Veteran's Day and thank you for your service and for you and your family's sacrifices. Thank you for defending our Country and the freedoms we enjoy.

We look forward to seeing you in uniform on Formal Night!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #3742
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
To all the Veterans on the boards, We wish you a Happy Veteran's Day and thank you for your service and for you and your family's sacrifices. Thank you for defending our Country and the freedoms we enjoy.

DH served in Vietnam, so chances of his uniform still fitting....well....hmmmm..... He's still in great shape, but a 20 yr. old's waist.... BTW, he hates it when people thank him for his service. Like many people his age, he joined the Air Force so he wouldn't be drafted into the army and was just happy he came home alive; he doesn't feel like he did anyone a favor. But he retired from a long civil service career with the feds, for which I tell him he deserves a medal . Needless to say, we both think all of our servicemen/women are to be commended for their sacrifices.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #3743
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:

Happy Veteran's Day! Time to really start getting organized. I got out my Christmas stuff and am wrapping gifts and addressing cards. Printed the final FE list today. FE virtually done. Next weekend I will get the suitcases out of the attic and start pre-packing. Will it all fit????
Liz
Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #3744
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

The 40 cm of snow we just had dumped on us these past couple of days has made me even more excited about heading south in just a month.

I didn't realize it was even possible for me to be more excited than I already was!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #3745
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails

I don't know if I'm shy or not but I am hesitant to walk up to people I don't know and talk. For instance, on the last cruise I would not go over to the large table of Dis-ers at dinner and talk to them cause I felt awkward. It looked like they were having fun and I wanted in on it. If you see us at dinner please don't think we are stuck up or want to be alone...say hi please.....don't be like me. I'm the old lady (Linda, you don't have the market on being old) with short salt and pepper hair and the back brace. We will be a table of four.
I'm another "older lady". I don't have salt and pepper hair (which is just the luck of good genes and not good haircolor LOL!!!). I am NOT shy as a rule, and once I start talking it's hard to get me to stop. DH always says he's anti-social, but he actually got over that many years ago. Feel free t talk to us any time, any where! Just be warned...we don't stop talking easily.

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #3746
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

The disboards closes threads at 250 pages, which we are now on.

Here is your new thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post46681588
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #3747
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

ornement exchange

there will be 6 of us.
Quote:
Another Saturday, another WVU loss and instead of just one niece and nephew crying over the loss, I had two nieces crying and a nephew crying. My little sister was not to impressed her DD learned football! When my sister heard her DD crying and asked where her boo boo was, Cecilia said, "my boo boo is because West Gaginia lost. I got yelled at for corupting her daughter. This has not been a good falll for me! And I turn 30 in 3 days...

My nephew still loves BAB but won't admit it to anyone. He has the sports mascot ones and all his bears are in sport uniforms.

My ornaments are store bought. I just don't have the creativty to be making them!

I am glad I am not the only shy one. I am hoping that talking on the boards and getting to know everyone before hand will help me feel like we are already friends so that I will feel comfortable. I have gotten better when my sister isn't around but she is the social queen and I use her as my crutch a lot when she is around and don't want to fall into old habits.

We lost our brains as well so if you are looking to join a team of former tagalongs, feel free to join us. It might be fun to get every question wrong!
ADR is advanced dining reservation

I have sensative skin and can't normally use things from Claire's. It has to be the real metal. I even have issues with laundry soap and dryer sheets!

I am the contact person How many people in your group will be doing it?

Safe Travels! 40 years should get you on Match your Mate!

Enjoy the family time, it seems like you will need it! Hope the move goes smoothly.

We have a no cell phone use policy on vacation so we put it on airplane mode. We still use it for the alarm clock and to use the apps, like logging our runs and such and we do use the camera. As long as it is in airplane mode, we never had any charges. We have never used it for Wifi though.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #3748
Cineegirl
Earning My Ears

New to Cruising

We just found out about fish extenders and it is probably too late but is there a chance we could join for Wonder Panama Canal Dec 9 2012?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: