Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #361
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

near as I could figure the last few times I boarded the Wonder, they give people who arrive on time the most current boarding pass number and those who arrive early a boarding pass that ensures you'll wait for a while.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #362
Cupcakesmmm
Why wait until the end for dessert?

Location: Lake Forest. 20 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

I can hardly wait! I can't beleive only 5 days left. Only 4 to we leave.
It makes it really hard to work these last few days...
Cupcakesmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #363
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

We leave TOMORROW!!!

Not sure if I will have time to pop back here again tomorrow morning, so here are a few last-minute reminders:

1) The FE list is finalized, and I can get anyone who needs it a copy in PDF format or a link to our Google Doc. Just send me a PM if you need an updated list.

2) Our embarkation day meet-up is at 2:30 PM on Monday, July 1 in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3. DancinMom will be bringing nametags for everyone, and I will have a handful of extra FE list copies with me (because inevitably a bunch of people will forget to print it out!). If you have any last-minute changes to report, PLEASE make your best effort to be at the meeting. I won't have a fancy whiteboard or anything giving out people's personal information on my own cabin door :P

Also, bring your cameras, as group photos will totally be happening!

3) On our last sea day (July 7), we will have a big family PJ breakfast in Triton's at 9:30 AM. Wear your jammies!

Also, selfishly: I tried to keep allergies in mind when assembling my gifts, which are decidedly food-based. As far as I know (and I checked all the packaging), all the items I have included are gluten-free. One thing is peanut-butter flavored (but we don't have any peanut allergies in the group, so we should be OK), and while there is some chocolate involved (I hope I'm not giving anything away!), I tried very hard while packaging to avoid cross-contamination (washing my hands before handling any other part of my gifts, not allowing various components to touch each other, etc.) There is a small chance that some items were processed on the same equipment as nuts/pecans in the factory...but everyone should be able to benefit a bit via some component of the gift, since I also included some totally not-food-based things

See everyone in FOUR DAYS!! I cannot wait to meet you all. It has been such a pleasure getting to know all of you over this past year!

Last edited by Mackie Mouse; 06-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #364
Cupcakesmmm

Oh what fun!

Not sure if people will come on after this cruise or not but I just wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you for your thoughtfully planned awesome fish extender gifts. It was a great experience and the kids had a great time!

Sorry that I don't know exactly who gave what in all instances as the kids had already taken some of the items apart before I knew who they were from.

The scrapbook that someone made was truly amazing! Thank you so much for putting all that time into it!

Love the mini fold out photo holder as well.

The personalized touch from the Hilton's with the money and brochure were great and educational. The mini autograph books with the kids initials were adorable!

The Christensen's scarves were great! I almost made scarves as well as it was a most appropriate gift for where we went.

The Fentzke family m&m's and band aides were great! I was so bummed that I didn't open them on the cruise so we could have worn the tattoos for the 4th.

Loved the Mickey cookie cutter with recipe. I will for sure be baking cookies soon.

We haven't listened to the cd yet but that was a cool idea.

Loved the gift from New Mexico - the white sands, candy, photo books for kids, Kleenex and gum.

The Mickey shaped subway art with our names was awesome!

The homemade bags from the Keita family with the pins for trading, candy and Kleenex were great!

Thank you jeanieblueeyes for the cool ornament and book marks! I wanted to make a ornament as well but couldn't think of anything. Loved what you did.

The bag with all the goodies from the Legaux's was so much fun and loved the bag and tags as well.

The Walmart bag full of goodies was incredible!!! The luggage handle wraps, luggage tags, and everything else! Thanks so much!

All of the keychains, car decal, bracelets and the homemade cards were all awesome as well.

My daughter Lily loved the book about Scottish dogs.

Lastly, thank you Heather and Colin for the hot chocolate mix ins and for all your time spent working on the list.

It was nice getting to meet some of you hope to see you again!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #365
Cupcakesmmm

Oops! Forgot two more things!

Those that made the different magnets were great!
And the Garcia's the specially made personalized tumblers were awesome!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #366
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Jennifer...THANK YOU for the kind words! It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your family on the trip this past week.

I hope Felipe is sufficiently recovered from his pie to the face during the magician's show
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #367
Missnanc
Earning My Ears

Jennifer, I have to say "DITTO".

Somehow (?) most of the tags from our FEGs got separated, so I was afraid to try to guess who gave what. I"m so glad you listed them all.

There was so much effort and time put into the gifts, it was truly amazing!

And without Heather organizing everything, where would we have been?

(I don't think we got to meet, but I did see the magician's show)

WDW--off site, 1993
WDW--Marriot Resort, 2002
WDW--Coronado, 2003
WDW--Pop Century, 2006
WDW--Wilderness Campground, MNSSHP, 2011
DCL--Wonder to Alaska, 2013
Missnanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #368
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Wink Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the whole experience!! What a bunch of great people you are!! This cruise was so amazingly fun!!

Wonder: Thanksgiving week, Mexican Riviera, 2011
Wonder: July 1-8, 2013, Alaska
Fantasy: July 12-18, 2014, Eastern Caribbean
and countless visits to Disneyland ;-)
Dancin Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #369
disneyjex
Earning My Ears

Finally logged in..I wanted to tell everyone I met and didn't get a chance to meet that this was the best group experience I have had in Disney and I hope I get to sail with all of you again sometime. You are all amazing and creative people and I consider you my extended Disney family!! Thank you for the extender gifts to remember you by.
disneyjex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: