Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
AJA
DIS Veteran

For me it wasn't as bad as the Simpsons (Simpsons gets to me more than Star Tours) but I had taken a dramamine that morning so maybe that's why I thought it wasn't really that bad? It's not like Shrek though. If you're unsure you can use the non moving seats.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #17
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

A little helper every day!

Those ride motion simulators - be they 3D or not, tend to leave me queasy. Because so many of the rides at USO/IOA rely on this type of technology, I need help to enjoy those parks.

I take Meclazine HCl every morning and sometimes after lunch. I found this product is available at WalMart, but you have to ask for it. Although it is treated as an over-the-counter medication, they keep it with the Pharmacy supplies. It is the generic form of Bonine, and is only one tenth the cost per tablet!

On a side note - I never have to take this at any of the Disney theme parks I have visited. Ride Motion Simulators have given me fits ever since my eardrums ruptured back in 1980.

Last edited by DryCreek; 05-24-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: "for" does not = "form"
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Those ride motion simulators - be they 3D or not, tend to leave me queasy. Because so many of the rides at USO/IOA rely on this type of technology, I need help to enjoy those parks.

I take Meclazine HCl every morning and sometimes after lunch. I found this product is available at WalMart, but you have to ask for it. Although it is treated as an over-the-counter medication, they keep it with the Pharmacy supplies. It is the generic form of Bonine, and is only one tenth the cost per tablet!

On a side note - I never have to take this at any of the Disney theme parks I have visited. Ride Motion Simulators have given me fits ever since my eardrums ruptured back in 1980.
Less Drowsy Dramamine is also meclazine. Walmart also sells a Walmart brand meclazine as well which is sold beside the Bonine and Less Drowsy Dramamine.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
cieslack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

Less Drowsy Dramamine is also meclazine. Walmart also sells a Walmart brand meclazine as well which is sold beside the Bonine and Less Drowsy Dramamine.
So, Damo, you have issues with motion sickness. As I get older, mine seems to get worse. I had the patch on a recent fairly rough cruise and did fine, except for the side effects (a little lethargy). I have never tried meds at the parks, but I'm going to experiment this fall. I know there are a lot of choices, but which do you use and do you take the whole dose?
cieslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Im going to jump in here and suggest Bonine brand. I suffer from bouts of severe vertigo... So bad that I am out of work for three to four days. It takes me about one month to truly feel better. After this last episode, i started to take a Bonine tablet daily and it worked wonderfully! No drowsy side effects and the nausea and dizziness are gone.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #21
cieslack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
Im going to jump in here and suggest Bonine brand. I suffer from bouts of severe vertigo... So bad that I am out of work for three to four days. It takes me about one month to truly feel better. After this last episode, i started to take a Bonine tablet daily and it worked wonderfully! No drowsy side effects and the nausea and dizziness are gone.
Thanks. I'm anxious to see how well it works for me.
cieslack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: