Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
summer0407
Mouseketeer

Tell me about the Grand California Pool Cabanas Please!

Hi All we are staying at the GCH for the first time in June. I have been reading a little about the hotel and saw they offer cabanas. Does anyone know the cost and what does it include? Has anyone done it before? DO we need to call ahead to book it? Just wondering if anyone can give any info. We plan to spend a large part of our visit at the pool during the hot days so it may be a nice extra.
Thanks for any input!
summer0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
the donut
Mouseketeer

We haven't done it before, but we've thought about it. There are a lot of chairs available around the pool, but it does get crowded. I think if I were there on a holiday weekend, I might be really inspired to try it. You do need to call in advance to reserve, but there's been at least a couple if not all of them available every time we've been at the pool (usually non-holiday weekends).

The prices I have in my notes are probably from last year. It was $110 for 4 hours (930 - 130pm or 2 -6 pm) or $185 for the whole 8 1/2 hours (930 - 6pm). It includes the cabana with 2 couches, a safe, flat screen tv, fridge and 4 lounge chairs, bottled water and a fruit tray. And of course you look cool in your cabana at the Grand Cal.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
summer0407
Mouseketeer

Very cool thanks for the reply. Do we call the hotel directly for this? Sounds like a splurge but for my sons birthday it would be nice. We have grandparents coming who do not like being in the sun so it's a nice option for them. Thanks for the reply!
summer0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
the donut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer0407 View Post
Very cool thanks for the reply. Do we call the hotel directly for this? Sounds like a splurge but for my sons birthday it would be nice. We have grandparents coming who do not like being in the sun so it's a nice option for them. Thanks for the reply!
Yes, you call the hotel directly (714-635-2300). A cabana sounds like a good idea if the grandparents are coming. Although there are a good number of umbrellas, I am not too fond of the sun myself and think the pool is not especially shady at mid-day. We are very tempted by it every time we plan a pool day, but somehow we just haven't done it yet. It has a lot of things we like - shade by the pool, someone to run and fetch us drinks and food, etc. Maybe you could even get some sort of cake delivered?

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you decide to do it and get a chance to post about it. I actually think the price is very reasonable, and with the rooms as expensive as they are at the Grand Cal, I'm surprised they're not a lot more popular. I know the Vegas hotels charge a lot more for pool cabanas.
the donut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: