Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #106
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Some of the photos turned out really well. Some of them, not so well. If you'd like to see them, please feel free to check them out here: http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sorry it took me so long to respond...Life got pretty busy for awhile there.

I think your ballet photos turned out very nice. Your daughter looks beautiful, and like a very talented dancer!! Seems like she had quite a few costumes, too. And did I see different colored pointe shoes? Did you have to dye a pair of pointe shoes? My daughter had to do that for one number...they dyed an older pair. Dang, those things are expensive, aren't they?

Anyway, great job!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #107
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestmom View Post
Sorry it took me so long to respond...Life got pretty busy for awhile there.

I think your ballet photos turned out very nice. Your daughter looks beautiful, and like a very talented dancer!! Seems like she had quite a few costumes, too. And did I see different colored pointe shoes? Did you have to dye a pair of pointe shoes? My daughter had to do that for one number...they dyed an older pair. Dang, those things are expensive, aren't they?

Anyway, great job!
Thank you. She really enjoys dance. She had 5 costume changes, and yes, 2 different pointe shoes. We used the spray fabric paint to dye the shoes (never supposed to dip dye pointe shoes as it damages the box). We used her older pair to dye. She goes through a pair of pointe shoes about every 6 weeks during a regular dance season (when there are no special performances approaching). The cost is crazy. I thought, when she made the decision to choose between dance or gymnastics, she chose the lesser of the two expensive options. Not so sure anymore!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #108
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up.
Having a break from the parks is a great idea.
That line for the Jungle Cruise is crazy.
The dining did not sound like fun at Epcot and too bad about the camera situation.
OMG! The line for the bus is crazy.
I love Yak & Yeti.
Fantastic lion photos. I have yet to see them awake. Okay all the anima photos are great.
Great Fantasmic photos.
Nice souvenirs you got for the family.
Sad it is over.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #109
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That line for the Jungle Cruise is crazy.
Yeah, I thought so too.

Quote:
The dining did not sound like fun at Epcot and too bad about the camera situation.
Well, to be fair, the hot dog thing was my own fault. I think I've been raised on "UN-authentic" hot dogs, because several others I've talked to think the ones in Germany are fantastic. And at least with the camera, it was only one evening's worth of photos lost...and a I did learn a valuable lesson (Gee, I sound like Mr. Brady!) about making sure you double-check your settings.

Quote:
OMG! The line for the bus is crazy.
I know! I couldn't believe. I'm so glad we were on a long vacation, and could 'punt,' because if I had to endure those lines all day...I'd had gone crazy!

Quote:
I love Yak & Yeti.
I'm so glad to hear that. That is the #1 restaurant I want to try on our next visit.

Quote:
Fantastic lion photos. I have yet to see them awake. Okay all the anima photos are great.
Thank you. Kilimanjaro Safari is my very favorite attraction. I lost count how many times we went on it.

Quote:
Great Fantasmic photos.
Thank you! I was kind of surprised they turned out because I...GASP!...left my camera on "Auto." I didn't feel confident enough as a new DSLR user to manually choose the settings myself, and I knew I only had one shot this trip.

Quote:
Sad it is over.
I miss Disney so bad already. A 2-week+ vacation, and I still miss it very much. Can't wait for the next one!!

Thanks for reading my trip report, and all the kind comments.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: