Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Which grade school? I went to so many. Before I was married and I still in DC I walked by the grade school I went to in 2nd grade everyday. Now I am in Florida I am far from all the schools I went to except college. I go there on occasion for concerts.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantw8 View Post
My kids went to the same school I did so YES..it was quite weird to go there for various occassions, especially when I saw some of the same teachers still there that I had
I drive by mine a couple of times a week, it was turned into an Adult Education center about 25 years ago, with the same name, and this year they leased it out to a private school, so now the name has changed. But it's been 43 years since I went to school there.

Would be strange to me to have my kids having the same teachers as me. Teachers here max out on their retirement at 30 years service, and most had years on the job when I had them, so they were long retired by the time my kids hit Kindergarten.
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #33
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

The school I went too was built in 1867. I started first grade in 1954 so it was pretty old then. It stood empty for many years after they opened the new school and was finally torn down in 1965. It's just a parking lot now. I was in there after they had moved to the new one and all the hardwood floors had buckled. It was kinda sad to see.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #34
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

I went to 3 different grade schools. I know two of them are no longer schools (one is now a library and the other was a police station till a couple of years ago - empty now.) I can not even recall the name of my first school.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #35
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

I teach at the same elementary school I attended as a child. My kids go to the same schools as well. It was a very strange feeling walking into the high school as a parent seeing a couple of my old teachers still teaching there.

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
dznygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #36
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

My daughter went to the same grade school as I did and is now in the same Jr. High as I was. Last week I was talking to 2 of her teacher who I also had when I went there! Her 5th grade teacher in grade school was also my teacher.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: