Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #1201
Princess Hannah
Earning My Ears

While reading through this thread I've noticed a lot of people questioning the practicality of skirts or dresses in the parks, so I thought I'd add my experiences! I've worn skirts and sundresses in the parks quite often, usually pretty short ones, and I've never had a problem with them. Even on the Keys to the Kingdom tour I was in a skirt all day and it was really great for doing so much walking in the heat. While getting on or off rides I usually manage pretty easily (on everything but Space Mountain--Space is the only ride to avoid if you're wearing a skirt without bike shorts or spandex underneath!) and they're really comfortable for walking around the parks on hot days. Sometimes I have to take climbing out of a ride a little slowly and carefully but I'm pretty sure I've never flashed anyone or looked too ridiculous trying to get up modestly. Plus skirts and sundresses are great for looking nice without putting any real effort into your outfit!
Princess Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #1202
Princess Hannah
Earning My Ears

Has anyone tried self-waxing? They sell a few different kits at my local drugstore and I've been wondering if it would be a good idea before my next WDW trip so I don't have to worry about shaving while there.
Princess Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #1203
awalker1015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Hannah View Post
Has anyone tried self-waxing? They sell a few different kits at my local drugstore and I've been wondering if it would be a good idea before my next WDW trip so I don't have to worry about shaving while there.
I have tried it a few times and gotten mixed results. Nads and Parissa make decent strips but they are nothing close to a professional wax. I may try a hard wax kit next time.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #1204
trishypoo
Earning My Ears

Bag/purse??

i ordered a Baggallini messenger sling bag for next trip. It arrived yesterday and I luv it! Would be perfect anytime you need a hands freee purse!! Parrot green .....is a nice green. I borrowed a friends last time we were at the world and it was great!
DS#1 17 DS#2 13 DS#3 9
trishypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #1205
Lids
Earning My Ears

Ordered mine last week based on the recommendations from this board. Went with the sand color thinking it maybe a bit cooler to carry around in August. Has not yet arrived and once it does I hope I love it too. Also, going to show my sister to see if it will work for her - her son who is three is not yet potty trained so I am not sure if it is big enough to carry what she needs. Her other option is a backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishypoo View Post
i ordered a Baggallini messenger sling bag for next trip. It arrived yesterday and I luv it! Would be perfect anytime you need a hands freee purse!! Parrot green .....is a nice green. I borrowed a friends last time we were at the world and it was great!
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #1206
Cavners5
Earning My Ears

Thanks Ladies for all the tips! Have read all 81 pages Now for going and finding all the things I need

Cavners5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: