Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #31
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We use the Unofficial Guide, too. They are really good about putting updates on their website: www.touringplans.com. We take a Disney Trip every other year and always buy a new book. I love to read them.

We went to Disneyland June 2012 right after they opened Carsland. There was a lot of info on the Touring Plans blog as well as in the "update" section of the website.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2n2 View Post
I always review a newer Unofficial Guide.

I'm a bit bummed that there will likely be little official "help" for next May as NFL and FP+ will still be tragically new when 2014 goes to print.
FYI: Len Testa is constantly adding info on Fastpass + in blog section of www.touringplans.com. This is the website for the Unofficial Guide. He's even poked around one of the kiosks and found some interesting stuff. They've updated their Lines App and their personalized touring software to support Fastpass+.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #33
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
Can one of you (or someone else) link to this? I'm looking at getting a guidebook, but am not seeing this one on Amazon. I think I'm probably not searching the full name of it correctly.

Thanks.
'
I'm pretty sure that they both meant "the Unofficial Guide" not "the Ultimate Guide.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

On our first trip I bought The Unofficial Guide and devoured every word. Now that we have several trips under our belt and I'm on the Dis and allears, I don't feel that need. I have checked out the newest version of the book from our local library to read their take on new attractions or restaurants just for the fun of it.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #35
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

I still defer to some strategies I learned in Unofficial Guide. I had to laugh though as we ate lunch at Be Our Guest on the last trip it occurred to me I was breaking the "Thou Shalt Not Eat in Fantasyland" rule.

But in all seriousness I will use the guidebook when I'm thinking of doing something I've not done before or trying a restaurant I'd might like and I want just a quick and dirty description without the bickering, multiple opinions on strategy and 50 people who say they love it and never miss it and 50 people who say they hate it and would never do it again. Of course I still check those out too.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: