DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertotahiti View Post
My view is AWESOME! From my balcony on the fourth floor, I see the pool, Swan and Dolphin and a little of the water way. I booked a standard view, but I got this...really cool. But, they booked us in Room 4070 which is an accessible room and we don't have those needs. It doesn't have a bath tub or closet. It only has an armoir with an exposed vacuum cleaner. The room needs a little work, but it's super close to the best elevator to the Boardwalk itself and lobby.
Ah, those BWV rooms have been sprinkled with just an extra touch of Pixie Dust. We had the one across the hallway from you the year I decided DVC was a must have (rented through an owner here on the Dis).

Resale is the way to go. Although, I purchased through Disney the 1st time around: the $ off, plus developer points, plus no dues for a year really brought the price down close to what I would have been paying to rent the additional points and then buy resale, and it didn't hurt they had a way to book a NYE trip for me on the spot.

Research all the properties you're interested in both in person and dues wise. Most of all....Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by twinklebug; 05-02-2012 at 09:51 AM.
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

OP, just some info; when you book standard paying cash, you can easily end up with a nice view of the pool... When you book standard using points, you will not get the same views. I booked standard (cash) multiple times and thought I got upgraded because we had pool view - - then someone explained how it works. It is very unlikely you will ever see a pool view using points for a standard room.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: