Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
miry
Mouseketeer

Upgrading Park Hopper Tickets to Annual Pass

Hi everybody. We will be coming to Disneyland in December and have a four day park hopper pass. We are seriously considering buying annual passes. I know that you can upgrade a park hopper to an annual pass by paying the difference in price. What I don't know is if we would be able to upgrade on the first or second day of the trip so we would be able to use the park hopper discounts where applicable, but still be able to us the park hopper passes for Magic Mornings Early Entry and and for Toon Town Morning Madness.

It's my understanding that the park hopper passes need to be surrendered when you get the annual pass is that correct? Does anyone know if early entry and morning madness are events that use vouchers or if you actually need the park hopper ticket?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Disneyland 1978 Disneyland 1982 Disneyland 2002 Disneyland 2003 Polynesian 2005 All Star Movies 2006 Disneyland 2007 Port Orleans Riverside 2008 Wonder Bahamas 2008 Caribbean Beach 2009 Pop Century 2010 Magic Western Caribbean 2010 Disneyland 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2012
miry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miry View Post
What I don't know is if we would be able to upgrade on the first or second day of the trip so we would be able to use the park hopper discounts where applicable, but still be able to us the park hopper passes for Magic Mornings Early Entry and and for Toon Town Morning Madness.
TTMM is a separate voucher, but MM is on the ticket. You will lose the MM once you upgrade. BUT if you are staying on property you automatically get MM with your room key.

Hope this doesn't confuse you.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by miry View Post
Hi everybody. We will be coming to Disneyland in December and have a four day park hopper pass. We are seriously considering buying annual passes. I know that you can upgrade a park hopper to an annual pass by paying the difference in price. What I don't know is if we would be able to upgrade on the first or second day of the trip so we would be able to use the park hopper discounts where applicable, but still be able to us the park hopper passes for Magic Mornings Early Entry and and for Toon Town Morning Madness.

It's my understanding that the park hopper passes need to be surrendered when you get the annual pass is that correct? Does anyone know if early entry and morning madness are events that use vouchers or if you actually need the park hopper ticket?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
So, you want to find the perfect balance to capitalize on the benefits of both during your trip. You want to use your MM as soon as possible so that you can convert your PHs into APs and begin using your discount for the rest of your trip. Your MM is encoded in your PH and once you upgrade to the APs, you will have to give up your PHs.

HTH,
Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
mwrogers
Mouseketeer

Not sure about your situation, but might it be possible to upgrade one of the passes before the other(s)? You only need one AP to get the discount for the whole party.
Oct 2009 - DLR - HoJo's kid's suite (ToT party)
Mar 2009 - DLR - HoJo's
Mar 2008 - DLR - HoJo's
Mar 2007 - DCL - Eastern caribbean on the Magic
Nov 2006 - WDW - offsite
Dec 2002 - WDW - Coronado Springs
Jun 2001 - DLR - Holiday Inn
mwrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrogers View Post
Not sure about your situation, but might it be possible to upgrade one of the passes before the other(s)? You only need one AP to get the discount for the whole party.
This is true, however the person with the AP must pay each time. Also if the goal is to not lose the MM then the OP would not want to upgrade before the MM is used, unless the person getting the AP earlier is OK with not going to MM.....

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
miry
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, the information helps a bunch for planning. I appreciate it!

Disneyland 1978 Disneyland 1982 Disneyland 2002 Disneyland 2003 Polynesian 2005 All Star Movies 2006 Disneyland 2007 Port Orleans Riverside 2008 Wonder Bahamas 2008 Caribbean Beach 2009 Pop Century 2010 Magic Western Caribbean 2010 Disneyland 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2012
miry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: