Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
maslex
DIS Veteran

All State Camera? Ever hear of them?

We're trying to find a good deal on a camera that my son wants for Christmas and so far the cheapest we've found it was at All State Camera (online) I found it on Amazon for $294 today and All State Camera has it for $254.

I've never heard of them before so I'm just curious if anyone else had dealt with them and how reputable they are? This is the only thing he is asking for, for Christmas so I'd like to get it for him.

It's a Nikon P500.
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Carl
DIS Veteran

I've never heard of them. I did a quick check on line and couldn't find that camera at any of the respected dealers for less than $300, so, if I were you I'd stick with Amazon and get it there.
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
maccagerl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
We're trying to find a good deal on a camera that my son wants for Christmas and so far the cheapest we've found it was at All State Camera (online) I found it on Amazon for $294 today and All State Camera has it for $254.

I've never heard of them before so I'm just curious if anyone else had dealt with them and how reputable they are? This is the only thing he is asking for, for Christmas so I'd like to get it for him.

It's a Nikon P500.
Definitely go with Amazon- there are a lot of fly by night camera companies out there- when they get in trouble they just change their name and it's business as usual. They offer low prices by dealing in 'gray market' cameras- cameras meant for sale in other countries that do not come with valid U.S. warranties. They will not back up the product if you have problems with it..

Amazon has a great reputation for low prices and will absolutely be there if you have a problem with the camera and need to return it.

2012 Boardwalk Inn (Concierge Level!)
2011 ASMU - first time MNSSHP! Loved it!
2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
2009 Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2004 Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou)
2001 Port Orleans Riverside ( Mansions)
2000 Port Orleans Dixie Landings (Mansions)
1997 Grosvenor ( DTD)
1995 Contemporary
1987 Off Site
1984 Disneyland
maccagerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post

It's a Nikon P500.
If this is the place you are talking about, you are best to give it a wide birth and go to a reputable store. Even if it means paying a little more!!!!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Delta_Camera

wdwmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have done two quick looks and would not use them.

1. I did a "whois" search and although they registered their domain name in 2006 they are using "Domains By Proxy" so you cannot see who is the actual owner or their address.

2. Looking at their site they only show a toll-free number or e-mail for contact. Again, no real phone number or address.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I know the company well enough that I wouldn't recommend them

The same company also sells office equipment which is what I do as well. We deal with them from time to time as they absorbed a vendor that we used to frequent a few years ago. Much of what they sell is refubished and/or third party (which is fine if that is what they are advertising). The 2 biggest problems that I have with them are that they rarely ever have the same products consistently available but they push what they have (probably fell off the back of a truck ) even if it's not what you want. And their hours are terrible, they always leave by 12 or 2 on Fridays, they don't start until later in the day (10 or 11 most days) and it's never easy to get an answer out of them.
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
glenmyers
Earning My Ears

Ordered a camera thorugh allstatecamera.com for my daughter XMAS present. Price was great - - - until I got the email to call them and found the camera did not ship with a battery ($130) or a charger for the battery ($69.99). Would NEVER buy from these people again.
glenmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
kenfcarver
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Allstate cameras sell Chinese Counterfeit Canon Cameras

This company uses bait and switch. They advertise cheap Canon Cameras, 70% off retail price; however, these cameras are Chinese counterfeit plastic cameras with chinese menus. After they tell you the camera is made in China they offer you the imported USA camera with no battery, charger or accessories for almost the full USA price. All canon cameras are exported from Japan, not China, and all Canon cameras have english menus in the firmware.
kenfcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Definitely stick with reputable companies.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: