Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #91
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It looks like you had a lot of the same rain we had in August...it was awful...too much water.

I'm sorry service was so slow at the Plaza for you; we've always had good luck with that (although I've read others with slow service as well).

I need to get back to Country Bears.

Love that you got your Slush at Epcot.

Love all of your character pictures (Mary Poppins, Jasmine & Aladdin).
I think that service time is hit or miss at any restaurant really.
and we did have quite a bit of rain....though maybe not as much as you had in August. Funny, remembering rain at Disney World is like remembering childbirth pain -- it fades so quickly in comparison to all the fun stuff!

I think Country Bears are one of those every 2 - 3 years for us. They are funny but I wouldn't want to go every trip.

I want to do WDW with you Kathy -- I bet you'd wait in character lines with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great finish at EPCOT! I love those Grey Goose slushies; they're perfection...seriously not too sweet and so very icy cold. Heaven on a hot day in the Florida sun! And your pictures have me excited about the possibility of a Flower and Garden trip in my future! But we're probably not going back until 2015 so I'm trying not to get too excited about anything related to Disney!

Sorry the car ride back was so long, but I am very impressed with your ability to drive through the night.

Would love to hear about your October trip, as your FB pictures have piqued my interest, but I hear ya on the time thing. I'm so behind on the Dis that I totally avoided it for a long time~!
I do love those slushies..... and you're right, they are just the right amount of cold, sweet and alcohol. mmm is it too early? guess so since I am at work

I probably will TR.. I can't resist sharing the picx and stories, you know?

The car ride. ugh. Thing is, Joe works a lot of night shifts, so he's pretty good with the over night driving. Me, sadly I feel as if I could fall asleep behind the wheel but as soon as I move over to the passenger seat, I'm wide awake. BAH!

I wish we could afford to fly every time, but driving allows us to save not only on airfaire vs gas but also we can bring quite a bit of stuff that we don't have to then buy at WDW, and it means I can bring my electric griddle and cook breakfast in the room (and sometimes lunch too) and all those savings really add up.
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #92
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
(by the way, do you notice my handsome hubbys face? I finally got the ok to stop blurring him. )
that had to be a total pain!

Quote:
and once she started digging in, Katie was more than a little sorry that she offered to share it she wanted the whole thing. It was a little scary sitting between the two of them as they dug into that sundae! Katie was totally left wanting more! Being the nice mom that I am, I told her that after I had a tasted of my ice cream (Id ordered from the kids menu & then had my ice cream held until we were ready to leave the restaurant) that she could finish it. That made her happy
It's hard when part of a group is letting the kids do something you wouldn't do, perfect compromise!

Such a bummer that the balloon never worked out, I do hope you had more time to relax and soak it in on the recent trip. I have a feeling I may find myself in that same situation in Dec...I'll be with commando's who haven't been in a while.

LOVED the AK pics (I was way behind) what great character interactions!

Coral Reef sounds like a bit of a bust, which is frustrating as it always seems like it "should" be good and heaven knows it's not cheap. Nice of the tooth fairy to enlist Tink.

Other than the horrendous sounding Autotrain ride home, I hope you had a magical trip! I hear you on the time thing...it's hard, I am forever behind anymore.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #93
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
that had to be a total pain!
Yes, it really was! Now I can just upload. woot woot!

Quote:
It's hard when part of a group is letting the kids do something you wouldn't do, perfect compromise!
I was feeling a bit guilty because she was sort of drooling over the desserts and like most kids, Katie would be just as happy to eat dessert over dinner most of the time. I personally hate spending $20 on a meal that she's going to let sit for dessert.

Quote:
Such a bummer that the balloon never worked out, I do hope you had more time to relax and soak it in on the recent trip. I have a feeling I may find myself in that same situation in Dec...I'll be with commando's who haven't been in a while.
Its funny you said that Cynthia -- I think there was a little too much relaxing this past trip. actually to be more specific there was too much sleeping in. I like to hit the parks hard in the am, then relax mid day by the pool or something when its hot out, then do more parks later. I saw only one park opening this past trip.
Quote:
LOVED the AK pics (I was way behind) what great character interactions!
We had a lot of fun there!

Quote:

Coral Reef sounds like a bit of a bust, which is frustrating as it always seems like it "should" be good and heaven knows it's not cheap. Nice of the tooth fairy to enlist Tink.

Other than the horrendous sounding Autotrain ride home, I hope you had a magical trip! I hear you on the time thing...it's hard, I am forever behind anymore.
FUnny thing, sometime over the summer, Katie figured out the source of the tooth fairy. But she still thinks that Tinkerbell delivered the pin. Love my kid's little imaginative world!

the good thing about the extended ride home was that I consumed quite a bit of complimentary wine so the evening went much faster for me than it did everyone else on the train
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #94
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

Judy do I see a new link in your ticker? I need to check that out. no new TR yet, still have to finish this one! sigh I need more hours in the day.

I though of you and especially Rachel every time we passed the House of Blues. In my mind its "oh this is where Rachel is discovered!"
LOVE it, Thank you!

Beautiful new pics!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #95
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Loved your update! Yayyyy I can finally see my cuz-in-law enjoying himself! I too must see fireworks! I feel bad that Marie didn't get recognized for her birthday. Zach had good luck with that when we took him last year. We had good luck last week for our anniversary with the exception of BOG - no grey stuff! Finally tried Grey Goose slushie in this trip- yum! Sorry about your Coral Reef experience - we've always had a good time there. Hate the long drive home when we drive. Doug always drives straight through.

We have to do a trip together!

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #96
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
LOVE it, Thank you!

Beautiful new pics!

Hope you all had a fun Halloween Judy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Loved your update! Yayyyy I can finally see my cuz-in-law enjoying himself! I too must see fireworks! I feel bad that Marie didn't get recognized for her birthday. Zach had good luck with that when we took him last year. We had good luck last week for our anniversary with the exception of BOG - no grey stuff! Finally tried Grey Goose slushie in this trip- yum! Sorry about your Coral Reef experience - we've always had a good time there. Hate the long drive home when we drive. Doug always drives straight through.

We have to do a trip together!
we DO have to work on a trip together. Jean is talking about a cruise next spring instead of DisneyWorld, but Lynne is still working on it. so we shall see how that turns out.

The train was not bad going down, but the long delay coming home was a bit frustrating because by the time we got to Va, we should have been home already. Of course, flying is always preferred but not always the best budget choice, ya know?
Loved your FB Pics...awesome!!! Joe said he wanted to tease Doug about backing out of a real costume but didn't want to do it in front of D's co workers. funny!!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #97
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Well...You KNEW I would be by today, didn't you??? I have been waiting on an update, but if you are like me, life keeps getting in the way! Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #98
Moira222

Happy Thanksgiving Judy!!! I have just been caught up in life. Last week I finally got my photo pass pictures so I need to get moving & share my trip.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I found your Tr bumped because I was really far behind.

So you did all those updates on the auto train? Cool! What a perfect place to DIS away.

So glad Joe gave you permission to unblur his face. It was really unflattering.

OK - I read so much I'm not sure where to start.

Boo for not a great meal at Coral Reef. That stinks. We ate there in June and had a fab lunch, but your meal sounds painful.

Too bad you didn't get up on the balloon. I hope you were able to in October. It's totally fabulous.

Your Epcot pictures are lovely. Every time I see a pic of the R&C bar I know I need to go there and belly up for a beer. It's just too cute.

The ice cream at the Plaza looks yummy.

Too bad no one recognized Marie's B-day on two occasions. I got Denny to wear his button for a grand total of 1 meal. party pooper.

Loved your updates and I'm really looking forward to your next TR.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #100
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #101
Moira222

I'm sorry I didn't reply here -- sometimes I just get to read the text updates on my phone and then I can't get online to respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm glad I found your Tr bumped because I was really far behind.
LOL you mean like 2 months....the way I am? No worries!!
Quote:
So you did all those updates on the auto train? Cool! What a perfect place to DIS away.
It was nice to have time to catch up. that's way too much sitting still for me. and I had planned to catch up more but didn't realize that the wifi is really only in the lounge car. elsewhere on the train, you are relying on your phone signal which can be sketchy. but it was nice!

Quote:
So glad Joe gave you permission to unblur his face. It was really unflattering.
I was SO GLAD that I managed to get him to agree. He is now in a volunteer/mentor role at work & they have put his photo in group shots on facebook. SO since he's "out there" and since I agreed not to tag him on anything he's accepted it. Not thrilled but living with it. and I'll take it!!!

Quote:

OK - I read so much I'm not sure where to start.

Boo for not a great meal at Coral Reef. That stinks. We ate there in June and had a fab lunch, but your meal sounds painful.
Hmm painful, yes. squished and poor Katie was about hanging off the edge of the seat. but the food was tasty (when they got it right). We were disappointed in the experience, and won't make an effort to go there anytime soon (but eventually we'll try again!)
Quote:
Too bad you didn't get up on the balloon. I hope you were able to in October. It's totally fabulous.
I just finished looking at your balloon pics. Katie and I will make it a point to go early and do it in June for her birthday trip. Its something we really wanted to do but it didn't work. At least I was able to give my groupon to another Dis'er who was able to go so it didn't go totally wasted.
Quote:
Your Epcot pictures are lovely. Every time I see a pic of the R&C bar I know I need to go there and belly up for a beer. It's just too cute.
Going in made us sorry that we'd cancelled our earlier ADR there. Its such a nice spot and the menu looked great too. I can't drink beer any more (no carbonated type drinks for me) but there were plenty of options to enjoy for a return trip.

Quote:
The ice cream at the Plaza looks yummy.
that ice cream was good. Katie still talks about how she will NOT share her sundae next time!!
Quote:
Too bad no one recognized Marie's B-day on two occasions. I got Denny to wear his button for a grand total of 1 meal. party pooper.
I wonder if its just something about May, too much going on??? In October Nina wore her button and was recognized everywhere AND got a dessert at every dinner.

Joe is really hopeful for some magic on his May trip -- its his 50th birthday. I just saw on your TR that you & Cynthia will be there the same weekend. SO if you DO see him (he's staying at OKW also) be sure to wish him a magical 50th!

Quote:
Loved your updates and I'm really looking forward to your next TR.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
THanks ME! Our Thanksgiving was nice & my BFF Lesley came up to visit for the weekend. We didn't facebook it (she just wanted to visit me, not the whole big family!) but we had a great weekend - shopping, movies, dinner, visited her son at the Culinary Institute in Poughkeepsie . Hope yours was nice too and that you are back to enjoying your empty nest for a week or so before the Christmas break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks! I'm such a slacker - can't seem to keep up with TR's here, FB updates online!

Hoping soon to start a mostly photo trip report from our October trip. I've started uploading photos & now just need to catch up a bit on the boards before I start on another TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: