Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
AquamarineSteph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture1 View Post
Hi, we loved ABD Italy in August 2012.
Spend time looking for comfortable shoes... I'd pack at least 2-3 pairs so you can switch up and avoid sore spots. Pick up band aids, blister preventing stuff at a US drug store just in case. Nothing ruins a trip like sore feet.
Nice sundresses were a good choice for everyday. Italians dress nicely and a sundress was appropriate for touring and meals, and they are easier to pack!
I agree with the sunglasses comments earlier.
Have fun!
Good suggestions, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
Take sunscreen. They say you can always tell Americans by their footwear. Check it out when you are there. Also as stated cover your shoulders and skirts are not too short for the church times.
I have a tiny sunscreen ready for my 3-1-1 bag, just in case the big suitcase is delayed! Thanks!
AquamarineSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
mouthdoc
Earning My Ears

Greetings! We did Viva Italia June 2011. We went in June, so pretty warm. I tried to dress like a European, i.e. no shorts. But, 80% of the people we were around were tourists, and it was hot! So I'd recommend them as well as knit shirts. The only other thing I would suggest would be a couple of electrical adaptors to plug in phones, charge cameras, iPads, etc.

Have a great trip! You'll love Italy and ABD. We're heading to Knights and Lights in a few weeks!
mouthdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
mapsd
Mouseketeer

I found a mini power strip on Amazon (3 socket, 6" cord), so we could charge multiple items and have a layer of surge protection.

We found some outlets would only accept a simple Euro adapter while with others, only the longer "universal" adapter would fit.

*Also, HOARD the 1 euro coins when you get them! Seems like we never had enough for street vendors/entertainers and the pay toilets often required them for their turnstiles. Break 5 euro notes whenever you can to get change. (another good excuse for a latte/gelato).

A pack of the flushable wipes come in handy for sticky fingers/public toilets!
mapsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #19
CrazyZeus1
Matching Shirts Rock!

We just returned from Bella Italia ABD & a few things we found very helpful:

A travel power strip with 4 outlets. Made it possible to plug in just one adapter to the wall, and run 4 electronic chargers at the same time. Here's what we bought & it worked perfectly:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also had two types of adapters: a 3-prong adapter (that's what we used in every hotel we stayed at)

And a German Shuko round adapter which we never needed, but it looked like would fit into the outlet holes as well:

I also would suggest packing a box of Hefty Jumbo Ziploc Bags (2.5 gallon size). With all the amazing wine, olive oil, vinegars, Lemoncello, etc, you may be bringing home lots of liquids in glass bottles! I wish I had brought more than 1 so I could put all of them in something watertight. We didn't have anything break, but it would have made me feel better

I would recommend bringing a blanket or two from home. For some reason, one of our two hotels had the MOST itchy sheets on earth (Hotel Bernini in Florence). They were pure linen & felt like sandpaper! We slept on top of the duvet covers & used our own blankets for covers.

Sunscreen for your face that you like. We spent a lot of time outdoors & the sun was bright!

I agree with the multiple pairs of shoes to walk in. Almost every street we walked on was uneven, cobble-stone type roads and this is not a time for being a fashion diva!

Enjoy your trip!!

HEATHER
CrazyZeus1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: