Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Its so hard to pick... help please!

I know no one can pick our next vacation for us... but any input would be great. We are planning our 5th disney vacation for 2013. We have stayed on site at swan and dolphin but never a disney resort. This time we want to stay at a disney resort =). So I am having a hard time picking 1) when we should go (either early sept, after labor day or early december) and 2)what resort to pick (WL, Poly or BC). I love going in sept.. we went to mnsshp for the first time this last trip and it was a lot of fun, but we are thinking that dec might be nice too. I was trying to get an idea of what crowds might be like early december... so I looked at touringplans and discovered that the week I want to go in 2013 is when they will be opening fantasyland this year... so Im hoping the number might be off.

So how are the crowds in dec? How is disney at christmas (weather, atmosphere ect)? (my kids will be 2 and 4yrs)

I think if we go in dec. we will stay at wl because to me it seems like it would be great with christmas decs. But if we go in sept... I just dont know which one... leaning more towards a bunk bed room at wl or standard at poly... but I've always wanted to stay at BC.

Can anyone compare transportation times from the resorts? How are the busses from the resorts?

Any other input you could give would be great!

Thanks!
chimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

We go late Nov - early Dec every year. It is the best time of the year for us. The weather is nice, crowds are lower, and the Christmas decorations are up. The decor at WL is beautiful during this time. The buses from WL are good. The only time we have seen them really busy is during Wishes and Illuminations but that is to be expected obviously. It is just something about Christmas that makes it that much more special for our girls when we go. Good luck with your planning!

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
I know no one can pick our next vacation for us... but any input would be great. We are planning our 5th disney vacation for 2013. We have stayed on site at swan and dolphin but never a disney resort. This time we want to stay at a disney resort =). So I am having a hard time picking 1) when we should go (either early sept, after labor day or early december) and 2)what resort to pick (WL, Poly or BC). I love going in sept.. we went to mnsshp for the first time this last trip and it was a lot of fun, but we are thinking that dec might be nice too. I was trying to get an idea of what crowds might be like early december... so I looked at touringplans and discovered that the week I want to go in 2013 is when they will be opening fantasyland this year... so Im hoping the number might be off.

So how are the crowds in dec? How is disney at christmas (weather, atmosphere ect)? (my kids will be 2 and 4yrs)

I think if we go in dec. we will stay at wl because to me it seems like it would be great with christmas decs. But if we go in sept... I just dont know which one... leaning more towards a bunk bed room at wl or standard at poly... but I've always wanted to stay at BC.

Can anyone compare transportation times from the resorts? How are the busses from the resorts?

Any other input you could give would be great!

Thanks!
I've been both times of the year. I agree with the PP who said the early Dec crowds are not too bad. We went one time specifically to be at the MK for the taping of the Christmas parade (which is typically during the 1st weekend of Dec) and I'll tell you, we walked onto so many things with NO LINES that entire week. HOWEVER, with the new Fantasyland opening then, I'm thinking there may be bigger crowds (at least at MK) for that.

Christmas time is a magical time to go ... there are SO many things to see - like all the resorts' decorations and such. Very awesome!

Weather in early September would most likely be pretty nice. Some rain possibly. In December, Jan and Feb, the weather is really a coin toss. You can get almost anything. One of our December weeks we arrived at 84 degree weather and went swimming. Each consecutive day got cooler and cooler until the end of that week we were wearing jackets and sweatshirts in lower 50 degree weather. It's like a box of chocolates -- You never know what you're gonna get.

Anyway, I can't really give you suggestions on resorts, they all sound like they'd be fabulous. Poly, being on the monorail, makes life easier for getting back and forth from MK and Epcot - especially with the smaller kids you have. Other's can give you better info on that.

Good luck and have fun planning!!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I am not a Poly fan.....

Sept. trip I would stay BC to use the pool
Dec. trip I would stay WL for the decorations.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Both months are great times to go, although we've been at the end of September and mid December rather than at the beginning of the months. September is great weather for swimming and water parks, while December (even if it's cold) is amazing all decorated for the holidays. We've stayed at all 3 resorts and for a September stay I'd go with the Poly and for a December stay I'd go with the WL. The WL lodge is beautiful any time of year, but especially so during Christmas time. The BC is also a beautiful resort, but we love the MK area and the Poly is our favorite out of all the resorts we've stayed at and the WL can't be beat during the holidays.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: