Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
scuba
Mouseketeer

Pirate night on the 3 days?

looking over another thread and I saw pictures from a Pirate night, do they happen on 3 day er's? also seen some pictures with Capt n' Jack, I have wanted a picture with the old pirate that "lashed sea turtles" together. We apparently are never going to see another Pirates and Princesses party, and that seems to be the only time jack posed with guests formally...thanks
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
truck1
Growing older but not up.

On the 3 night I dont beleive that there is a pirate night dinner, but if Im not mistaken there is an option to dress up on 1 of the dinner nights.I do know that there is a PITCDP onboard, I think the night the ship leaves CC.

As far as Capt Jack, I know hes usually at CC on the beach behind the ship.Hell pose for pics, sign autographs etc.

Another option is that if you drop off an autograph book, with some little candy at gs the day you get onboard, you can get all of the characters autographed,along with Capt Jack, Smee, Capt Hook etc.Theyll have it deliverd to your stateroom, the night before you return to port.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

I want a pirate party!!!!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

There are Navigators from a late December cruise posted (look in the sticky at the top of the board) Pirate night was listed as happening on the second night and dress up on the third night. I do not believe Jack Sparrow is on the ship, however Captain Hook is.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

3 night ers do have a Pirate Party. However, there is no Pirate night dinner--it is the normal offerings in the dining rooms.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Pirate Party is on Nassau night on the 3 day cruise. Capt. Jack was on Castaway Cay for pictures, check your Navigator for times and location. He might also be on the ship since he was on the ship for the 4 day cruise last summer. Check your Navigator for times of characters and locations.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
As far as Capt Jack, I know hes usually at CC on the beach behind the ship.Hell pose for pics, sign autographs etc.

Another option is that if you drop off an autograph book, with some little candy at gs the day you get onboard, you can get all of the characters autographed,along with Capt Jack, Smee, Capt Hook etc.Theyll have it deliverd to your stateroom, the night before you return to port.
On the 4 night Wonder cruise I was told by a CM that Captain Jack doesn't sign anything he has to share with others... such as pillowcases, frames, etc. He doesn't play nice that way :-) Love that!

He did sign autographs on his OWN page both at CC and outside the WD Theater on Pirate Night.

We have a 3 night Wonder coming up this fall, so if they don't have the Pirate Menu does that mean nobody dresses up? We would be so sad not to dress up for Pirate Night...we love it...
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
On the 4 night Wonder cruise I was told by a CM that Captain Jack doesn't sign anything he has to share with others... such as pillowcases, frames, etc. He doesn't play nice that way :-) Love that!

He did sign autographs on his OWN page both at CC and outside the WD Theater on Pirate Night.

We have a 3 night Wonder coming up this fall, so if they don't have the Pirate Menu does that mean nobody dresses up? We would be so sad not to dress up for Pirate Night...we love it...
Hmm. When we went to GS with the book,on the last August 4 day in 09, there was a box next to his name that we had to check.Got the book back with his Capt Jack.Maybe they didnt have time that day for autographs.I know on some days some photo ops dont do signings.

truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
Fab5Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Pirate Party is on Nassau night on the 3 day cruise. Capt. Jack was on Castaway Cay for pictures, check your Navigator for times and location. He might also be on the ship since he was on the ship for the 4 day cruise last summer. Check your Navigator for times of characters and locations.
On our 3-day he was outside the Walt Disney Theater before/after/between the two performances of Toy Story. There was a full pirate backdrop and props (cannons, treasure chest, etc) for pictures. He was signing autographs as well as flirting with the ladies.

Holly and her Bunch of Boys
DH Mike, DS Justin (13), and twin DSs Aaron & Brandon (11)
Fab5Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: