Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #586
BlueBeagle
Earning My Ears

Hi all! I have been a long time lurker and this is my very first post! We are heading to the AKV - Kidani on Nov. 9 thru the 17. So excited. And thanks to all of you for the wealth of information.

Do you think since our 180 ADR date is Mother's Day my hubby should get up and make the reservations? Ha, ha. I'll do it and then sleep later! Have a great day!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #587
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I booked my ADR's this morning

This is what I got:

Sat. 11/3 Arrival Day
I am going to book Mickey's Backyard BBQ but haven't done it yet.

Sun. 11/4: Crystal Palace 8:20am
I wanted 8:05am but didn't have any luck

Mon. 11/5: Teppan Edo
I made a lunch and dinner reservations here (1:00 and 6:00). I have to talk to DH and decide which one to use and cancel the other right away.

Tues. 11/6: no reservations DHS then F&W at Epcot

Wed. 11/7: O'hana Dinner 5:20pm (this is our resort day)

Thurs. 11/8: Via Napoli early dinner at 4:30pm

Fri. 11/9: Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner at 5:50pm
(not sure if this is worth the $236 it's costing the four of us)

Sat. 11/10: Tusker House Breakfast at 8:15am

Sun. 11/11: O'hana Breakfast at 9:20am (say good-bye to Mickey)

Keep trying back on the Crystal Palace time. You may just get it.

I keep going back and forth about diner at The Royal Table. Our Anniversary is Nov. 27th. I already have the MVMCP tickets in my hands for that date. I keep thinking that a early supper in the Palace would be a wonderful way to start the evening.

Somebody has been playing witht the smilies again.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #588
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeagle View Post
Hi all! I have been a long time lurker and this is my very first post! We are heading to the AKV - Kidani on Nov. 9 thru the 17. So excited. And thanks to all of you for the wealth of information.

Do you think since our 180 ADR date is Mother's Day my hubby should get up and make the reservations? Ha, ha. I'll do it and then sleep later! Have a great day!

To the thread as well as the Dis!! And happy planning.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #589
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Read this on the November DIS'ers FB page.....
Hi, I just wanted to come back to this "inside info" on Free dining for late fall announcement on May 20 or 21...

I've joined the facebook group, and just thought it would be good to point out that the person who stated this appears to be a TA with a Disney exclusive company. Not just a random kind of person. When you click on the person's name it takes you to their page where it talks about booking a trip with her.

To me, this takes it from mere speculation to FULL FLEDGED RUMOR.

I guess I know what I'll be doing on those dates...

And if it comes true...

And if it doesn't...

Thanks for letting us know about the Group!

Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #590
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

Boo, I just realized that my 180 days falls on Saturday the 19th, and I'll be travelling out of the country then! Hopefully I'll still be able to call or access the website en route. This is the first time I've tried to make my reservations so far out, and I wouldn't even be worried about it if I weren't hoping for free dining, plus it's a birthday trip and I want it to be very special. Can the experts please advise?
Is there an advantage to calling vs. website, or the other way around?
I've read about people getting up at 6AM Eastern to call, so I assume that's when they start taking the ressies by phone - does the website start accepting them at the same time?
Thanks so much!

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #591
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdare View Post
Hi, I just wanted to come back to this "inside info" on Free dining for late fall announcement on May 20 or 21...

I've joined the facebook group, and just thought it would be good to point out that the person who stated this appears to be a TA with a Disney exclusive company. Not just a random kind of person. When you click on the person's name it takes you to their page where it talks about booking a trip with her.

To me, this takes it from mere speculation to FULL FLEDGED RUMOR.

I guess I know what I'll be doing on those dates...

And if it comes true...

And if it doesn't...

Thanks for letting us know about the Group!
That's what I'm hoping for!! If not, I've got a lot of ADR's to cancel
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #592
packofprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallandcartersmo View Post
That's what I'm hoping for!! If not, I've got a lot of ADR's to cancel
Ha...me, too!
2008-Indian Creek
2009-Villas at Wilderness Lodge
2011-ASMu Family Suite/Poly
2012-Mother/Daughter trip to POP! Free Dining!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #593
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Well, got my sets of tickets for the MVMCPs in the mail this morning. Funny thing, as I had to do 2 separate transactions, but they only did 1 shipping charge; they still mailed them as separate items, LOL
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level

Maryland/Virgina/DC Pin Meet on March 23rd!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #594
weedles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Boo, I just realized that my 180 days falls on Saturday the 19th, and I'll be travelling out of the country then! Hopefully I'll still be able to call or access the website en route. This is the first time I've tried to make my reservations so far out, and I wouldn't even be worried about it if I weren't hoping for free dining, plus it's a birthday trip and I want it to be very special. Can the experts please advise?
Is there an advantage to calling vs. website, or the other way around?
I've read about people getting up at 6AM Eastern to call, so I assume that's when they start taking the ressies by phone - does the website start accepting them at the same time?
Thanks so much!
The website opens up for ressies at 6:00am and the phone lines at 7:00am (EST). Good luck with your planning and have a great trip abroad
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #595
DisneyInDel
Mouseketeer

Making ADRS on Sunday FINALLY....

This is what I have so far for the 11..yes, 11 of us..8 adults, 3 grandsons.....

11/9 Arriving late..no adrs

11/10 DHS day....8:30 H & V Character breakfast..

11/11 MK day..early Crystal Palace dinner

11/12 AK day..8:05 Tusker breakfast..5:00 Boma dinner

11/13 Back to MK day.. 5:00 Chef Mickey dinner

11/14 EPCOT day...5:00 Coral Reef dinner

11/15 MK departure day..hopefully a Be Our Guest lunch before departing..

Thoughts?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #596
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am thinking about cancelling our trip this year. I've spent a year already trying to plan things, and I have our itinerary worked out. I can make ADRs in 1 week. I had planned on purchasing our MVMCP tickets yesterday, but something kept telling me not to.

Here's the deal... The trip is going to end up costing us around $4,000 (that includes everything from resort, tickets, meals, tips, souvenirs, gas, hotel stay, etc.). We are planning to buy or build a new house next spring, and if we don't take this trip, I can pay all that money to my credit cards and vehicle. By next spring, we could be debt free except for our current house. Going won't stop us from buying a new house, but I'm just not sure it's the responsible thing to do.

The kids don't know about the trip so they won't be disappointed. They know we are saving for the trip, but aren't expecting to go this year. What makes me really want to go is DD is growing up fast. She is quickly outgrowing princesses, and if we don't go this year, I don't she'll "believe" in all the magic by the time we do go. On the other hand, if we wait, DS will be definitely be tall enough to ride every ride by the time we go back. Also, if we wait, I can't go the week before Thanksgiving in 2013 because my boss is going then so I'd have to pick another week. But Fantasyland will be complete!!

Ughh... the decision is driving me crazy. I know the responsible thing to do, but the mommy/Disney side of me wants to go. /

WWYD?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #597
DisneyInDel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Mom2 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am thinking about cancelling our trip this year. I've spent a year already trying to plan things, and I have our itinerary worked out. I can make ADRs in 1 week. I had planned on purchasing our MVMCP tickets yesterday, but something kept telling me not to.

Here's the deal... The trip is going to end up costing us around $4,000 (that includes everything from resort, tickets, meals, tips, souvenirs, gas, hotel stay, etc.). We are planning to buy or build a new house next spring, and if we don't take this trip, I can pay all that money to my credit cards and vehicle. By next spring, we could be debt free except for our current house. Going won't stop us from buying a new house, but I'm just not sure it's the responsible thing to do.

The kids don't know about the trip so they won't be disappointed. They know we are saving for the trip, but aren't expecting to go this year. What makes me really want to go is DD is growing up fast. She is quickly outgrowing princesses, and if we don't go this year, I don't she'll "believe" in all the magic by the time we do go. On the other hand, if we wait, DS will be definitely be tall enough to ride every ride by the time we go back. Also, if we wait, I can't go the week before Thanksgiving in 2013 because my boss is going then so I'd have to pick another week. But Fantasyland will be complete!!

Ughh... the decision is driving me crazy. I know the responsible thing to do, but the mommy/Disney side of me wants to go. /

WWYD?
OK..let me preface this by saying I am far from the voice of reason here..

I have scrimped, saved, worked 2nd jobs and did some real creative financing in order to take my girls to WDW in the past..and still the money could have been used for much more responsible things. 2 things that I think it's fair to say about all of us here..We love WDW and we all have bills. Finding the happy medium is always tricky and we could look back on every trip and say.."Man..I could have used that 4K for (such and such) instead of blowing it on Disney." Then a week later what do we do? Start planning our next trip.

It's a very tough call to make. We did blow alot..I mean ALOT of money on our last 12 trips, but I remember every single one..and the smiles and laughter that came with them..they last forever..unlike my '94 Scar Tshirt that I absolutely loved.

Now we take our girls..their husbands and our grandsons..and the smiles travel through generations..this is our "Circle of Life"

Not much help deciding, I know..just wanted you to know you're not alone and whatever you choose to do will be the best choice for you and yours...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #598
LaDonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WWYD?
If it were me I would pay off credit card first........I'm definitely one for being debt free first where credit cards are involved
ASMOVIES 2010 Sept. 17-25

GOING NOV.14-23RD FREE DINING
Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #599
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:

WWYD?
Unfortunately it is a very personal decision. we are all in very different circumstances here, I for example do not have children and we both have well paying jobs. We are also trying to pay off our debt and purchase our first home though, and should NOT be going to Disney this year either. Our intent was to get our C2C medal and we have already done the race in DL to do so... even though I regret it now we kind of feel like we can't stop now, so are going ahead with the trip even though there are a dozen more important things to put it towards. But, I can tell you from the other side I am carrying a lot of guilt about the trip, and don't know to what degree it will affect my enjoyment there. It would be much better to put it off until I have no guilt!

If you are double thinking it, and it will create a bit of a hardship I would wait, but again I am not you!
2013 Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #600
marlenedisneynewbie
Earning My Ears

Quote:

WWYD?
That is such a hard decision, but me personally I would wait. I spent the past year working the Dave Ramsey plan. I became debt free December last year (except the house). We are working on our 3-6 month emergency fund which should be done middle of June. I have been saving every month since we have been debt free to save for Vacation. By the time we go I should have $4K in the bank....but am having a hard time committing to the vacation...as it is so far to see what is in the future. If you are second guessing your self will you enjoy the trip?

Tags
november 2012, november group, november trip, por

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: