Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #2431
CampingMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
My daughter was blacked out of MK at different times during her program (spring advantage 2013).
Not a Lot....but it did happen.
I know my daughter said the weekends before Christmas are blacked out for family and friends in MK and the other parks are not cause we are going 2nd week and asked about then. I believe during the week of Christmas and New Years week are probably blacked out too. I will ask her when I talk to her.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #2432
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Need some help from my DisBoards family.

My daughter is currently doing the CP (and has actually extended to Spring 2015, unless she changes her mind!). DH, DS (22), and I will be visiting December 24-28. We have made several trips to Disney and I am used to super-planning those trips. I am, however, at somewhat of a loss as to how to plan for this upcoming trip. With the maxed out crowd levels, I'm undecided on whether we will do any parks (her maingates are blacked out everyday we are there anyway). Add in the fact there's a good chance she will be working every day we are there (quite possibly lengthy shifts), I am really kinda starting to stress out here. I'm okay with the fact that I'm unable to plan every detail, but I want to make sure there are some things planned so that it is a enjoyable Christmas for everyone (it will be our first one away from home). We are driving, so I may take a small tree, as well as our stockings. Gifts will be kept to a minimum (probably only 2-3 from DH and I, with Santa giving cash). I have made some ADRs, and also a reservation for the Ft. Wilderness Sleigh Ride for Christmas night, but would love some suggestions on other things to do. If we decide on a park, it will probably be for only one day, so do we do that on Christmas Day or one of the days following Christmas? If we choose Christmas Day, which park would be best - EP for Candlelight Processional, DHS for Osborne Lights, AK for lowest crowds etc. (we know about the possibility of MK closing due to capacity so not sure we want to brave that)? We will not have her work schedule until 2 weeks before, so once I have that planning will be a little easier, but I know I can't wait until then to try and make any other reservations we might want.

I'm just not used to a Christmas away from home, so am a little lost on how to plan those magical moments that will make it a great experience. Please help!

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP) * September '15 POR (Food & Wine w/friends)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #2433
dizagain
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share a very positive experience my CP DD just had......Two weeks ago she left a shopping bag with her wallet inside on a CP bus. Careless of her and totally her fault. However, after calling Transtar to check, the bus driver did find it and he returned it to the bus office at Vista Way. It was close to midnight and she lives in Chatham so they told her they had locked it up and she could get it the next morning. Fortunately they went through it with her over the phone to verify what was in there and documented it in their records. When she went to get it, it was nowhere to be found! She was assured it was there "somewhere" and played phone tag with people for several days. Finally they said to go ahead and fill out a reimbursement form as they did not have it- they were reviewing video footage of office. Anyway, today the CFO of Transtar brought her a check in person for everything lost- wallet, replacement fees for license and school id, disney gift cards, cash- everything!! I am so impressed!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #2434
Christine15
Earning My Ears

Need some help from the parents board,

My daughter is a current CP and called me pretty upset. She had been trained to drive the package pickup van at her work assignment at a park and had a minor accident yesterday. She dented a storage pod with the van when she gauged the turn incorrectly. They had to send for testing which I know is standard at any workplace with an accident. Today at work her manager said he doesn't know what is going to happen. Has anyone had any experience with this circumstance?They wouldn't fire her for this would they? It was minor damage and her record has been clean up to this. I know at my and my husband's workplace something like this wouldn't warrant dismissal, is Disney different? I'd like to offer her some reassurance about this, I frankly wasn't thinking this until she told me what her manager said. Could she reading more into it.

Any feedback would be appreciated to hopefully ease my worry for her.

Thanks
Christine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #2435
dismsn
Mouseketeer

I'm just guessing and have no experience to base this opinion on but maybe the manager told your daughter he didn't know what would happen because they have to wait for the lab results. Maybe she'll be fine if the lab results are negative. I assume they would fire anyone who has anything that shouldn't be there in their system. If that is the case he couldn't reassure her without knowing the results of the test(s). Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out well for her because accidents DO happen and they shouldn't mean the end of a job.
dismsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #2436
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine15 View Post
Need some help from the parents board,

My daughter is a current CP and called me pretty upset. She had been trained to drive the package pickup van at her work assignment at a park and had a minor accident yesterday. She dented a storage pod with the van when she gauged the turn incorrectly. They had to send for testing which I know is standard at any workplace with an accident. Today at work her manager said he doesn't know what is going to happen. Has anyone had any experience with this circumstance?They wouldn't fire her for this would they? It was minor damage and her record has been clean up to this. I know at my and my husband's workplace something like this wouldn't warrant dismissal, is Disney different? I'd like to offer her some reassurance about this, I frankly wasn't thinking this until she told me what her manager said. Could she reading more into it.

Any feedback would be appreciated to hopefully ease my worry for her.

Thanks
Disney has a 0 tolerance policy for some things and driving is one of them. I know if she is found to have something in her system (even if it is from the night before) or it comes out she was on her phone she will probably be separated. Managers have to say they don't know because they really don't when it comes to accidents. I know if my position we had to drive the little pargo golf carts and if you were in a pargo accident you could either be fired or have your proficiencies dropped from pargo positions based on the severity. I only know one person who had his pargo rights taken away and that is because he was caught several times turning in the pargo while going too fast so it would go up on two wheels.

I would tell your daughter if she knows there was nothing in her system not to worry. In my experience the worst that will happen is she won't be able to get a package delivery rotation.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #2437
Christine15
Earning My Ears

Car accident on the job

Just heard back from my daughter and they said the car accident would be a reprimand on her record and no more working in package pickup. That's kind of what I was expecting but I know she's still upset about it. I tried to explain that it's a normal consequence out in the real working world and she'll get over it. It's a life lesson and she still gets to work at the World. Thanks for the input.
Christine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #2438
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine15 View Post
Just heard back from my daughter and they said the car accident would be a reprimand on her record and no more working in package pickup. That's kind of what I was expecting but I know she's still upset about it. I tried to explain that it's a normal consequence out in the real working world and she'll get over it. It's a life lesson and she still gets to work at the World. Thanks for the input.
Glad everything is good. You are right it is a normal consequence in a regular job. She could be upset that it is a reprimand because 1 reprimand is 3 points and you are only allowed 3 reprimands in the same category. Safety usually goes straight to a reprimand though. It also would make it harder on her if she wants to stay or extend.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: