Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Starznmyeyez
Earning My Ears

Disneyland February 2014

Hi Everyone!

I'm new around here and am looking for some advice. I love Disney and haven't been to Disneyland since I was 7 - quite a long time ago. My husband and I were talking about spending our 1st Anniversary next February in DL next year since we both love Disney. I'm wondering how crazy is it during president's week? I know WDW is super crowded and nuts - I did that once and will never go president's week again! I'm not sure how the school breaks are on the west coast. I'm not expecting an empty park but I just don't want to be waiting hours to get onto rides or be tripping over people in crowds. My vacations are set because I'm a teacher - only have off when the kids do - and I can't handle super big crowds very well. Am I crazy for doing this trip that week?

Any advice appreciated!! Thanks!
Starznmyeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznmyeyez View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm new around here and am looking for some advice. I love Disney and haven't been to Disneyland since I was 7 - quite a long time ago. My husband and I were talking about spending our 1st Anniversary next February in DL next year since we both love Disney. I'm wondering how crazy is it during president's week? I know WDW is super crowded and nuts - I did that once and will never go president's week again! I'm not sure how the school breaks are on the west coast. I'm not expecting an empty park but I just don't want to be waiting hours to get onto rides or be tripping over people in crowds. My vacations are set because I'm a teacher - only have off when the kids do - and I can't handle super big crowds very well. Am I crazy for doing this trip that week?

Any advice appreciated!! Thanks!
We have been there the week of *Presidents day many times and it's very manageable. No problem navigating our way around the park, attraction wait times are 15 to 20 minutes (depending which attraction) without fast passes. With use of fast passes you hardly feel the wait time at all. In my opinion I wouldn't let the school break discourage you.*
Club33forme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
cwehrstedt
Mouseketeer

We plan to be their too this week, so good to hear it is manageable. In Canada it is the "family day" long weekend.

Future trip.. 2014, Dec 14th, 7n on Magic with split stay POFQ and CSR!
cwehrstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
cmpeter
DIS Veteran

We were there for part of President's week this past February. We arrived on Wednesday and the crowds were very manageable. Thursday was a bit busier and Friday was packed. But, that Friday was the first night of Fantasmic. However, if I went again...I would do Tuesday-Thursday. I would rather have smaller crowds than see Fantasmic (or any of the shows.)
Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Starznmyeyez
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! We're also doing a couple of days in San Diego and after reading what you all said I'm thinking we'll end in Disney rather then start there since it would be Tues - Thurs instead or Sat - Tues. I appreciate all the help!! Can't wait to go!
Starznmyeyez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: