Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

POP Century "lake view" question

Okay, I was all ready to do my online check in....was planning on 50's building "lake view" when I decided to have one final look at the resort map.

This may seem like a dumb question, but when requesting lake view am I being put in the back facing what looks like a walking trail on the map....I was originally thinking and hoping to be in 50's building 3 facing the 60's building.
My second choice was 70's building 6 facing the 60's building.....are these choices even considered lake view??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, here is the link to the map I am referring to...
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kno...ERRED.jpg.html
kiwi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Bilierka
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
Okay, I was all ready to do my online check in....was planning on 50's building "lake view" when I decided to have one final look at the resort map.

This may seem like a dumb question, but when requesting lake view am I being put in the back facing what looks like a walking trail on the map....I was originally thinking and hoping to be in 50's building 3 facing the 60's building.
My second choice was 70's building 6 facing the 60's building.....are these choices even considered lake view??

I stayed in 50.s building three facing the lake, sec.floor and it was perfect!!!!!
Bilierka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Have stayed in both those locations you were hoping for and both times I had a lakeview room requested.

Although my favorite and had many times is 50's Building 3 facing NE (towards that label on your map.) Quiet, close to parking and view of fireworks.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post

I have stayed in the lake view in bldg 5 and it was really quite nice

Looks to be a similar set up as your view will be. Also when I was there AOA was not open yet. You will great view of it
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I stayed in bldg 4, 4th floor, middle of the section between play--doh and the yoyo, facing the lake, where the smoking signage is. It was an incredible location!
Also stayed in 80's, facing the parking lot, 90's, close to transportation and food, but busy foot traffic since I was ground level (preferred room) and several stays in the 50's section...bldgs 1 and 2. Love 50's, loved the backside of bldg 4 in 60's.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

We stayed in bldg 6 last time - I booked a standard room and requested lake view and first floor when I did online check it. We were just past the elevators and got to see some of AoA construction while we were there. It was a great spot. We didn't hear much of anyone during our entire trip and walking out the door to the lake was nice It was about a 5 minute walk (we are tall and have no kids in tow) to Classic Hall/transportation. I also really liked being on the first floor because it saved us time waiting for elevators since I'm impatient!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

To those who have responded, thanks for your help and suggestions.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
catra121
DIS Veteran

Last two times at Pop I requested first floor and lake view. Both times I was put in the 60s section. First time I was facing straight at the lake/walking path. Last time I was in 60s facing towards the 50s with a sideways view of the lake. Both were quiet and VERY close to the food court/bus stops.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

found this map on the Pop Century site showing room numbers/aerial view of the 50's building.....
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1162

does anyone know if any of these rooms are connecting??

Last edited by kiwi2013; 07-28-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: