Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
serene56
DIS Veteran

Annual Pass and discounts

Is it true you can book dining plan if you are staying at a resort but have an annual pas?

is it true there is a discount on the dining plan if you have an annual pass
Old 03-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Is it true you can book dining plan if you are staying at a resort but have an annual pas?

is it true there is a discount on the dining plan if you have an annual pass
You can add the dining plan to a resort stay with an annual pass. I don't remember any significant discount, but there may have been. You can also buy it for any others staying in the room.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

There is no discount.

The conditions for being able to do this were to have either an AP rate room reservation or a full price room reservation. You couldn't do it if you were using some other type of discount offer or package.

It is referred to as a ticketless AP package with dining (or something similar with all those key words in it).

Like other dining plan situations, everyone in the room must have the same plan for all the nights of the reservation. The only difference is that you don't have to purchase tickets from Disney.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can't really ADD it to an existing reservation. You have to book a ticketless package. If you have a room-only reservation you will have to cancel that and rebook it as a ticketless package (paying a new deposit and changing over to package rules for payment, change and cancellation). No discount on the dining plans but you can use an AP room discount.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
serene56
DIS Veteran

Interesting. I have been up and down the AP page and there is nothing that states about booking the dining plan on a room only reservation.

I have a friend with an AP who is taking her DH she is waiting for an announcement of AP discounts for Sept.

She said she can add the dining plan.

I thought you needed tickets.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Interesting. I have been up and down the AP page and there is nothing that states about booking the dining plan on a room only reservation.
It's not a room only reservation, it's a ticketless package. And yes, you can book a ticketless package with dining if you have an annual.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

If you think about it you have tickets...your AP. I always book the DP with my Room Only/Ticket-less Package.
1990's-2006 - Multiple trips ...mostly to BC, 2010 - BC, July 2012 - AKL, BLT, December 2012 - BC, April 2013 - DL, DCA Offsite, July 2013 - BLT, December 2013 - BC, July 2014 - BLT, October 2014 - S&D, 2014-15? - DCL, BC?

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

I did just this when I booked for June...

Room was an AP discount and through MDE I was given the option to add dining.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I have a friend with an AP who is taking her DH she is waiting for an announcement of AP discounts for Sept.

She said she can add the dining plan.

I thought you needed tickets.
AP holders, DVC members staying on points (or someone renting points), and military can book a room + DDP without having to buy tickets. Everyone else has to buy at least a 1 day ticket in order to get the DDP. However, Disney just came out with a new package that allows anyone to book a room + DDP without the ticket requirement, but from what I understand, it's just a trial at this time, so not sure how long it will be available.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: