Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
babyatlas
Mouseketeer

fast pass ? & what is diff b/w RSR & Carsland

we went to DL/DCA once - loved it. we are taking our kids on a surprise trip in may - super excited!

so...in reading the posts i see references to carsland and to RSR? are they the same thing? i'm already nervous about getting my kids on the carsland ride - they watched a video online and are in love! is the best way to do it via fast passes? we are not staying onsite.

also, is there a map or list of rides with fast passes? is it a bad strategy to just load up on fast passes in the morning and use them throughout the day?

thanks. i have 100 more questions but i'll start here!
babyatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

RSR is Radiator Springs Racers, which is one of the attractions in the new Carsland section. (The other two are Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.)

Here is a list of rides with fastpass:

DISNEYLAND

Autopia - Tomorrowland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Frontierland
Indiana Jones Adventure - Adventureland
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Toontown
Space Mountain - Tomorrowland
Splash Mountain - Critter Country
Star Tours - Tomorrowland

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

California Screamin' - Paradise Pier
Grizzly River Run - Golden State
Goofy's Sky School - Paradise Pier
Radiator Springs Racers - Carsland
Soarin' Over California - Condor Flats
Tower of Terror - Hollywood Pictures Backlot
World of Color - Fastpasses available at the Grizzly River Run Fastpass kiosks.

You can't load up on fastpasses. When you get a fastpass it will say on the bottom when you can get the next one, which is generally when the return window opens, or in two hours, whichever comes first.

Last edited by siskaren; 03-21-2013 at 11:48 AM.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyatlas View Post
we went to DL/DCA once - loved it. we are taking our kids on a surprise trip in may - super excited!

so...in reading the posts i see references to carsland and to RSR? are they the same thing? i'm already nervous about getting my kids on the carsland ride - they watched a video online and are in love! is the best way to do it via fast passes? we are not staying onsite.
Carsland is a land containing 3 rides - Radiator Springs Racers (the flagship ride for the land), Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (a scrambler-type ride), and Luigi's Flying Tires (a hovercraft bumper car-type ride). The ride you are calling the 'carsland ride' is most likely RSRs. We have done the wide-right technique the one day we were there for AP early entry and ridden RSR first thing, but the rest of the time, we've done FP instead. Our girls are too young for the SR line.

Quote:
also, is there a map or list of rides with fast passes? is it a bad strategy to just load up on fast passes in the morning and use them throughout the day?
I don't know of a map with the FP locations; however, with the except of RSR, the distribution is very close to the ride itself. TOT and ST are just across the walkway, and the others seem to be right beside the ride. DL has started enforcing the FP return times, so you'll need to return during the designated window printed on the FP.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
babyatlas
Mouseketeer

when we went to DL/DCA a couple of years ago i seem to remember we could use a FP anytime after the time noted on the FP ticket....when you say enforced does it mean that you can now only use the ticket on the window noted on the ticket and not anytime afterwards?

sorry to sound so 'stupid' - i just want to be sure i am understanding.
babyatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
when we went to DL/DCA a couple of years ago i seem to remember we could use a FP anytime after the time noted on the FP ticket....when you say enforced does it mean that you can now only use the ticket on the window noted on the ticket and not anytime afterwards?

Correct. You need to use the Fastpass in the return time window on the ticket. They no longer take them after the time has elapsed.

It's also been discussed here that if you go to the attraction, and the ride is down during the fastpass return time you can use that ticket later that same day.

My cousins were at Soaring Over California, no fastpass, regular line. By the time they were at the front, the ride went down. They were given a paper that gave them a return time at any time for their party. We used the pass the next day (one of the cousins couldn't go on the ride, so I took her place).
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not "stupid" at all.. rather safe than sorry....

You are correct , you can now only use the fast pass , within the window time printed on the ticket,, if you arrive before or after that time you will not be able to use that ticket

Have a great trip..
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
flightdave82
Mouseketeer

Note: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is under re-furb for I think till the fall so you can take that off your list since you are going in may like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

Here is a list of rides with fastpass:

DISNEYLAND

Autopia - Tomorrowland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Frontierland
Indiana Jones Adventure - Adventureland
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Toontown
Space Mountain - Tomorrowland
Splash Mountain - Critter Country
Star Tours - Tomorrowland

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

California Screamin' - Paradise Pier
Grizzly River Run - Golden State
Goofy's Sky School - Paradise Pier
Radiator Springs Racers - Carsland
Soarin' Over California - Condor Flats
Tower of Terror - Hollywood Pictures Backlot
World of Color - Fastpasses available at the Grizzly River Run Fastpass kiosks.

You can't load up on fastpasses. When you get a fastpass it will say on the bottom when you can get the next one, which is generally when the return window opens, or in two hours, whichever comes first.

Past Trips
2011: WDW Swan & Dolphin
2007: WDW Marriot Downtown Orlando
1994: WDW Offsite
flightdave82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Carsland is an entire area--just like ToonTown is an area in Disneyland. There are restaurants, shops, and three different rides in Carsland.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: