Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #1096
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by champdds
I am attending a continued education course the week before the W&D 1/2 Marathon in Orlando... so added a few more days afterwards to be able to race, but it is just me staying...are there a lot of solo runners that do this race?

David
DH is running it solo...I will be on the trip with a friend, but she and I will be at the spectator event in epcot while DH is running. We will head to the finish line when we get the text that he's close

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #1097
sunshinecruise
Mouseketeer

Are there usually any Dooney and Bourke purses available at the Wine and Dine half marathon? I really like the "run around the World" bags and I see that there is a "run around the Land" available for the Disney Land race.
Thanks
sunshinecruise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #1098
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinecruise View Post
Are there usually any Dooney and Bourke purses available at the Wine and Dine half marathon? I really like the "run around the World" bags and I see that there is a "run around the Land" available for the Disney Land race.
Thanks
I didn't see any last year. They have only been doing the special Dooney patterns for WDW Marathon, Disneyland Half, Princess Half and Tinkerbell Half. But who knows, maybe they'll do a pattern for the anniversary year?
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #1099
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
I didn't see any last year. They have only been doing the special Dooney patterns for WDW Marathon, Disneyland Half, Princess Half and Tinkerbell Half. But who knows, maybe they'll do a pattern for the anniversary year?
One can only dream....
Old 08-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #1100
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
One can only dream....
As cool as it would probably be, my bank account would be happier without it.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #1101
evenstar
WDW addict

Has anyone flown Allegiant from NY/VT for this race before? Getting ready to book my flights and they have some good prices. I know it's Sanford airport, so no DME, and I'm fine with using a rental or car service.

evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #1102
champdds
DIS Veteran wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
Has anyone flown Allegiant from NY/VT for this race before? Getting ready to book my flights and they have some good prices. I know it's Sanford airport, so no DME, and I'm fine with using a rental or car service.
Since no one has replied, I will at least tell you we had a decent experience in May with Allegiant from Chattanooga to Sanford...and my input regarding flying into Sanford is that it is a nice airport, not anywhere near MCO congestion and crowds...I would easily fly into there again and rent a car.. We used Alamo, very easy, but a little bit of a walk to the counter area)

We easily drove the 30-40 minute trip to Orlando area (DTD area)...easy drive, but our Iphone made us take toll roads the night we flew in (we may have been a little travel tired, so didn't input things correctly) and this certainly is not required...we knew better on the return trip (from Hard Rock Hotel) and had no tolls...

Allegiant is a little tricky when it comes to the final cost of the ticket, since they a la carte the entire process...bag fees, seat selection fees, etc.

David

Bay Lake Tower @ the Contemporary Hotel- May 24-29,2014 (25th Wedding Anniversary!!!)
Hard Rock Hotel- May 29-June 3,2014
Doubletree-Downtown Disney December 31, 2010-January 2,2011 (Post-Cruise)
Hard Rock Hotel- October 13-17th, 2008
Doubletree-Downtown Disney October 11-13, 2008
Polynesian- September 29-October 4th, 2004
Port Orleans-Riverside Oct. 19-26, 2002
Hotel Royal Plaza June 11-18, 1989 (Honeymoon)
Offsite- April 1984
Offsite- April 1983
Offsite- Summers 1974-1979
champdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #1103
evenstar
WDW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by champdds View Post
Since no one has replied, I will at least tell you we had a decent experience in May with Allegiant from Chattanooga to Sanford...and my input regarding flying into Sanford is that it is a nice airport, not anywhere near MCO congestion and crowds...I would easily fly into there again and rent a car.. We used Alamo, very easy, but a little bit of a walk to the counter area) We easily drove the 30-40 minute trip to Orlando area (DTD area)...easy drive, but our Iphone made us take toll roads the night we flew in (we may have been a little travel tired, so didn't input things correctly) and this certainly is not required...we knew better on the return trip (from Hard Rock Hotel) and had no tolls... Allegiant is a little tricky when it comes to the final cost of the ticket, since they a la carte the entire process...bag fees, seat selection fees, etc. David
Thanks David. I may go with Allegiant and the rental to check out Sanford and the outlet shopping, if I can squeeze another day into this trip.

evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: