DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
eclairesmommy
Earning My Ears

Red face DVC rental advice!

Hi all!!

Very new to this board, but not new to Disney at all!

I was wondering if I could get some advice about renting DVC points! I've rented before, but only from family members!

We've decided to take our 2 girls to DW for Christmas, either the week before or the week of New years!

I've been looking on Dave's rental site, and it just worries me!Then found the DVC Rental forum here, & it also worries me!

Any comments or advice on how to go about renting would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!
eclairesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Nanajo1
DIS Veteran

I have used David's to rent out my points with great success. I found it easier for me to get renters.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Offsite 5/78,CR 11/85,BWV 3/99,OKW 11/99, BWV 3/01,OKW 11/01, BWV 3/02, BWV 1/03, OKW 11/03, BWV 2/04, BWV 11/04, BWV 2/05, OKW 11/05, BWV 2/06, AKL 11/06, BWV 11/06, BWV 02/07,OKW 11/07, BWV 02/08, BWV 11/08, BWV 02/09, BWV 11/09,VWL 01/10,OKW 02/10,BWV 11/10, AKV 11/10,BLT 03/11,OKW 03/11,BWV 11/11,AKL 02/12,BWV 03/12, BWV 11/12,OKW 02/13,AKL 03/13, BWV 11/13,OKW 11/13, OKW 02/14,AKLK 03/14, OKW 10/14,BWV 10/14
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/1l5laeked1k6rb
Nanajo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Tell us (specifically) what it is that worries you about renting, and we can address your concerns.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

I certainly hope you are not looking for this New Years. There will most likely be very little available at this point.

Be sure to read the stickies on the Rent board here. Lots of good advise there.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclairesmommy View Post
We've decided to take our 2 girls to DW for Christmas, either the week before or the week of New years!
As the PP said, if you are looking for Christmas/New Year's this year you are going to have trouble finding anything available. NYE has been sold out for months and I am sure the wait lists are already quite long.

If you are planning on next year then definitely check with David's. They get very good reviews. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable going through a service like that rather than renting from an individual, but that's just me. The Timeshare Store also often has points to rent so you could check with them.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
eclairesmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
I certainly hope you are not looking for this New Years. There will most likely be very little available at this point.

Be sure to read the stickies on the Rent board here. Lots of good advise there.

Laura

Well after lots of looking today, we've decided that we're going the week before Christmas!

There seems to be a lot of availability that week!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
eclairesmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
As the PP said, if you are looking for Christmas/New Year's this year you are going to have trouble finding anything available. NYE has been sold out for months and I am sure the wait lists are already quite long.

If you are planning on next year then definitely check with David's. They get very good reviews. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable going through a service like that rather than renting from an individual, but that's just me. The Timeshare Store also often has points to rent so you could check with them.
Great! Thank you!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well after lots of looking today, we've decided that we're going the week before Christmas!

There seems to be a lot of availability that week!
Where did you see availablity, only DVC members can check DVC room availability. I just checked that week myself and I found very little available anywhere. A day here or there.

If you are looking at the Disney reservations website, that will not show you what is available in the DVC inventory.

Last edited by Sammie; 09-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Hi all!!

Very new to this board, but not new to Disney at all!

I was wondering if I could get some advice about renting DVC points! I've rented before, but only from family members!

I've been looking on Dave's rental site, and it just worries me!Then found the DVC Rental forum here, & it also worries me!

Any comments or advice on how to go about renting would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!
I wouldn't count on renting this year. If you are worried about renting then don't rent. Saving some money isn't worth losing sleep over.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
hmropars
Earning My Ears

I have sold my points to Dave's Rental. As the DVC owner, I had to agree to specific guidelines and after making the ressie I had to email the confirmation. I didn't receive any money until that was done. It seemed safe to me
hmropars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
binkblum
Mouseketeer

I have owned DVC for 10 years. I have rented my points thru this site both years when my wife was pregnant (including rot now). Depending on who you rent with, I think it should be very comfortable. For example, I make the reservation requested, along with calling DVC with the renter to provide all the accurate info needed. At time of reservation, I ask for anywhere of 60-75% of the agreed upon costs as a deposit! then remaining amount due 30 days prior to checkin. Also, I always agree to the refundable portion of the rental charge up-front, because sometimes life happens and plans change. Lastly, I provide the renter with a detailed invoice that basically formalizes what I adhere to do and what they adhere to do. Seems each of my renters have been very satisfied and relaxed with the system I have proposed. Just some thoughts.
binkblum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: