Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #16
Laineysmom
Mouseketeer

Exclamation

DH checked out The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World from our library and I've been studying it religiously. There are several warnings about this stating the AK parking lot generally opens 15 minutes before rope drop. The writers recommend no matter what on-site hotel you are at, you take Disney transportation to get there on time. This concerns me because DH is disabled and will be in a wheelchair so driving our car would be easier than dealing with the buses but right now I think he's planning to skip AK altogether so it may not be an issue. We still have 11 months to figure it out.

Last edited by Laineysmom; 07-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Laineysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
rhazz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-Day View Post
How were buses getting in? The lane on the far right has a sign for buses to use that lane but if I recall correctly, it does not say "buses only". We used the far right hand lane when we drove to AK for our early breakfast. We had a resort parking pass.

The gates were not open when we first arrived but opened shortly afterwards and we arrived at the parking area with plenty of time. We arrived at the entry gates before CM's were letting breafast guests in so we still had to wait a few minutes there as well.

We have risked this several times and have always lucked out okay.
Buses were not going in via the tollbooth, must have a separate entry point off of Osceola Pkwy. The tollbooths had one lane with a green light on, but all of the lanes had orange cones blocking entry. With each bus passing on the Pkwy, I was tempted to move the cone and tear into the parking lot on two wheels, but I resisted. As I said before, even though we were far back from being one of the first in line we were able to strategically get to where we wanted to be and were able to do everything we wanted to do. Remember, not everyone will be heading to the same attraction, some will dilly dally, others will stop to take their picture in front of the Tree of Life....Really?...get up early to be first in line only to stop to have your picture in front of the ToL? Whatever...

Hope this helps in making others aware of what could possibly happen at AK on EMH mornings.
rhazz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: