Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #16
rav4lcrv
Mouseketeer

Dvc/abd

We have done Alaska cruise & Med. cruise with ABD and enjoyed both very much, looking forward to booking this one
Old 04-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
rav4lcrv
Mouseketeer

All Booked

Booked the July 10-July 12 trip with a pre day at the Hotel. Was surprised the 2 previous trips we took with ABD add on to cruise do not count as an actual ABD trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4lcrv View Post
Booked the July 10-July 12 trip with a pre day at the Hotel. Was surprised the 2 previous trips we took with ABD add on to cruise do not count as an actual ABD trip.
I've added you to the rollcall in the first post. Looks like you're on the same trip with DISer bliscum.

Do you want to list the rest of you party?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the 2 previous trips we took with ABD add on to cruise do not count as an actual ABD trip."

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #19
rav4lcrv
Mouseketeer

Dvc/abd

Sayhello, We were told our previous trips do not count as total ABD trip since they were an add on to the cruise, so don't know if we earn points or what. For roll call it will be: DW -Jeri-58 & Myself- Gary 61
Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #20
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

The only perks I've received as a returning guests is the $100 discount and the insider pins. If you're not eligible for that after you spent thousands on 2 ABD add-ons, that a bit ridiculous.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #21
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4lcrv
Sayhello, We were told our previous trips do not count as total ABD trip since they were an add on to the cruise, so don't know if we earn points or what. For roll call it will be: DW -Jeri-58 & Myself- Gary 61
That's odd. I have 5 ABDs if you count my Med cruise ABD add-on (which I definitely do!) When I went on my 5th ABD to Greece last summer, they gave me my 5th trip insiders pin. So they counted my ABD add-on as an ABD trip. Maybe you should call back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912
The only perks I've received as a returning guests is the $100 discount and the insider pins. If you're not eligible for that after you spent thousands on 2 ABD add-ons, that a bit ridiculous.
Same here.

Sayhello
Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #22
rav4lcrv
Mouseketeer

Adventures by Disney

Called to firm up our flight info. & they had us on record as 1 ABD trip, this has been corrected so this will be our third trip for what ever the discount is
Old 07-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #23
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Called to firm up our flight info. & they had us on record as 1 ABD trip, this has been corrected so this will be our third trip for what ever the discount is
Good! I'm glad they got that all straightened out! The discount should be $100.

Sayhello
Old 07-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #24
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They probably didn't have a record of your cruise add on as up until this year it was booked through DCL not through ABD
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
They probably didn't have a record of your cruise add on as up until this year it was booked through DCL not through ABD
That doesn't seem likely, because they had a record of my cruise add-on, and I booked it through DCL, also. Somebody just messed up. As I remember, the Insider program is not administrated by ABD anyways; I'm pretty sure it's handled by an outside company. (At least that's what I was told when it first started).

Sayhello
Old 07-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #26
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
That doesn't seem likely, because they had a record of my cruise add-on, and I booked it through DCL, also. Somebody just messed up. As I remember, the Insider program is not administrated by ABD anyways; I'm pretty sure it's handled by an outside company. (At least that's what I was told when it first started).

Sayhello
Oh, it does make sense when you think about the disney (as a whole) computer systems, just look at the mess the first day the add ons for next year were open for booking.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: