Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Carry On's for kids

Quick question.

Will these work for carry on's?

http://www.sears.ca/product/dora-the...90780-100936RE

Those would work right?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Yes, I would think so. Check your specific airline for what their carryon size limit is. Some are 46" total (w+h+d), some are 51", others may differ. Since that total is only 33", it should be fine.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

I'm sure it would work

our carry ons are much bigger. I would invest in something bigger that would last longer. I can't imagine your child will want Dora more than another year or two. A good bag with decent wheels is probably easier to "drive" then a kiddie one anyway.

My kids have been in charge of their own rolling bags since they were very young and it has never been a problem. We have ones similar to this http://www.luggagepoint.com/olympia-...rolling-duffle that we purchased at Marshalls for a very good price.

Have fun!
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

I think it would work, but it's probably not the most practical option. It's pretty small if you're actually packing clothes, etc (like if you're not checking a suitcase)... but the rolling ones usually don't fit nicely under the seats. I much prefer the easy access of a carry-on under the seat because the kids were digging through them so often. It's easy to grab a book or snack, even when the seatbelt light is on. My kids have just carried their own backpack since they were not quite 3.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Our DD has a Skip Hop rolling luggage piece that's about that size. She wears 2T, and her bag fits about 12 outfits. Not sure how old your DD is, but if this is just for clothes, I think it would work just fine. Remember, your DD can put that overhead and keep a smaller backpack-type bag under her seat, as a "personal item" if you pack toys/books/etc.

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

We already have that one so that's why I was wondering. This is our first time flying so I'm not sure what to expect. I myself haven't flown in 12 years and the kids haven't flown at all. We are used to packing for the van, not a plane. I'm hoping not to have to buy any new luggage.

I was looking on Pottery Barn kids and oh my goodness they have some cute luggage!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

We took our then 3 y/o GS to WDW last Feb and used this carry on. It held all of his clothes for a week, plus he carried a little toddler Cars backpack to match that held a few small toys and snacks for the plane.
http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...8/product.html He loved carrying his own stuff through the airports.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend77 View Post
I think it would work, but it's probably not the most practical option. It's pretty small if you're actually packing clothes, etc (like if you're not checking a suitcase)... but the rolling ones usually don't fit nicely under the seats. I much prefer the easy access of a carry-on under the seat because the kids were digging through them so often. It's easy to grab a book or snack, even when the seatbelt light is on. My kids have just carried their own backpack since they were not quite 3.
I agree. Something they can put under the seat is a better choice. Not only for the ease of them getting to their stuff (remember there will be times you won't be able to access the overhead compartment, and do you really want to be hopping up and down getting toys and snacks?) but because overhead space is at a premium. Depending on when you are allowed to board, the overhead space left may be away from your seats, or non-existent.

You would be much better off having your kids use tote bags, or some other small, soft sided luggage that would fit under the seats.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

We buy regular, sturdier ones & then let the kids decorate them. We have painted hand prints & also sponge painted Mickey heads on them. We've done the Mickey heads on larger pieces of luggage, too. No looking for a silly little ribbon or scarf on our stuff. They practically LEAP off of the luggage carousel lol.

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

She can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
We already have that one so that's why I was wondering. This is our first time flying so I'm not sure what to expect. I myself haven't flown in 12 years and the kids haven't flown at all. We are used to packing for the van, not a plane. I'm hoping not to have to buy any new luggage.

I was looking on Pottery Barn kids and oh my goodness they have some cute luggage!
take her rollly for the overhead and a backpack for under the seat. I don't think her Dora bag would be very easy to get to while flying.

This is what my kids have done since they were very little without a problem. We each take a rolling bag and a backpack. Then we only check one large bag that we share.

Have fun!
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: