Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #2296
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

OT, but I've never used RAISE before. If I buy a Starbucks one from there, can it be added to my Starbucks app on my iPhone? Otherwise, how do you keep track of the balance of the e-card. The smallest value I see is still for $50 and that would mean I would be PRETTY HYPED on caffeine if I had to drink $50 worth of lattes at one time
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #2297
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
OT, but I've never used RAISE before. If I buy a Starbucks one from there, can it be added to my Starbucks app on my iPhone? Otherwise, how do you keep track of the balance of the e-card. The smallest value I see is still for $50 and that would mean I would be PRETTY HYPED on caffeine if I had to drink $50 worth of lattes at one time
Yes, you can. I bought a Starbucks eCert last month and added it to my Starbucks account with no problem .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #2298
hollypoast
DIS Veteran

One thing I've done to limit my risk is to cash in gift cards early for other gift cards. For example, we are planning a trip to Mall of America and American Girl Place in the fall. I just bought two discounted $25 gift cards for American Girl from Raise.com

As soon as I received the gift cards I went to the American Girl website and ordered a $50 gift card and paid for it with the two $25 gift cards I purchased through raise.com.

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but I feel better about doing this for gift cards I plan to hold on to for awhile.
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #2299
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Yes, you can. I bought a Starbucks eCert last month and added it to my Starbucks account with no problem .
Good to know! While the kids and I love Starbucks, that would be a lot of drinks.
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #2300
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good to know! While the kids and I love Starbucks, that would be a lot of drinks.
FYI - noticed that Target.com sells Starbucks cards (both egift and cards). So, you can buy the Target gc's on Raise and then purchase your Starbucks cards at Target.com using the 5% Redcard default discount.

Not sure which works out to be the better deal. Guess it depends on how good the Starbucks Raise discount is.

I have only done this once since its rather dangerous for me to walk around with Starbucks gift cards. Boy, I used up that card fast!!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #2301
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollypoast View Post
One thing I've done to limit my risk is to cash in gift cards early for other gift cards. For example, we are planning a trip to Mall of America and American Girl Place in the fall. I just bought two discounted $25 gift cards for American Girl from Raise.com

As soon as I received the gift cards I went to the American Girl website and ordered a $50 gift card and paid for it with the two $25 gift cards I purchased through raise.com.

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but I feel better about doing this for gift cards I plan to hold on to for awhile.
That works for some retailers and not for others.

I was able to use an e-gift card from Shula's to purchase a physical GC on their website. But when I tried to use e-gift cards from Macy's to do the same thing, my order got canceled.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #2302
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey

Quote:
Just a word of caution. Starbucks is well known for not only taking the funds of the card you attached, but also any other money you may have attached to your Starbucks account if they find you've attached a fraudulent card.

Some of the GCs sold to these places have been purchased using stolen credit cards or other means. While Raise may give you back the value of the GC you purchased, your gold account and other funds won't be so lucky.

So if your going to go this route, keep it separate or on its own account.
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #2303
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
Just a word of caution. Starbucks is well known for not only taking the funds of the card you attached, but also any other money you may have attached to your Starbucks account if they find you've attached a fraudulent card.

Some of the GCs sold to these places have been purchased using stolen credit cards or other means. While Raise may give you back the value of the GC you purchased, your gold account and other funds won't be so lucky.

So if your going to go this route, keep it separate or on its own account.
When I first look into buying from Raise, I did a lot of googling before I jumped in. One of the most frequent complaints was that Starbucks does this. Raise is great about refunding your money for the bad GC, but Starbucks is pretty quick to close accounts and keep the all of the money in it, as well as delete your gold status.

There are always so many other ways to get a good deal on Starbucks GCs that they are one of the cards that I just won't purchase on the discount websites.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #2304
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
When I first look into buying from Raise, I did a lot of googling before I jumped in. One of the most frequent complaints was that Starbucks does this. Raise is great about refunding your money for the bad GC, but Starbucks is pretty quick to close accounts and keep the all of the money in it, as well as delete your gold status.

There are always so many other ways to get a good deal on Starbucks GCs that they are one of the cards that I just won't purchase on the discount websites.
That's good to know. I guess I won't be buying SB eCerts anymore. I don't want my account to get closed down.
Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM   #2305
Osugal9
Earning My Ears

This may be a dumb question, but can I use Starbucks gift cards at the Starbucks locations in Disney world?
Osugal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #2306
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osugal9 View Post
This may be a dumb question, but can I use Starbucks gift cards at the Starbucks locations in Disney world?
Yes, you can
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #2307
Eighty8Keys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
I would call Raise right now and have them resolve the issue. It took me 2 weeks and several phone calls to get DD to even tell me why they froze my gc. When I called raise about it, they were able to see on there computer it was flagged.
I was debating on whether I should wait to see what Best Western says but after reading your post I decided not to wait and just emailed Raise. It makes me feel a lot better than just waiting for Best Western to respond. Thanks!
Eighty8Keys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: